It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Vote: The Process of Elimination

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Gothmog

Ah, implying that disseminating facts is intimidation eh?

Maybe facts are intimidating to the pundits, they always are.

"To coerce"
Nuff said
Just an FYI
Nothing more
Of course , I doubt it would mean much to a foreign national

You got me.

My madre is Mexican and my отец is Russian.

I snuck in through the southern border.

Praise Putin.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

The OP didn't say who to vote for, the message was that both the parties have inherent problems that aren't trending to be addressed anytime soon.

I personally think something needs to be done to fix the two party system.

Voting none of the above can mean different things to different people.

God forbid we pass the baton to someone other than the corporate bought right or left.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

a reply to: Gothmog

Ah, implying that disseminating facts is intimidation eh?

Maybe facts are intimidating to the pundits, they always are.

"To coerce"
Nuff said
Just an FYI
Nothing more
Of course , I doubt it would mean much to a foreign national

You got me.

My madre is Mexican and my отец is Russian.

I snuck in through the southern border.

Praise Putin.

Did I mention anyone ?
No
Was the comment aimed at you ?
No
Yet , some folks feel they just have to reply
When there is no need

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The OP didn't say who to vote for, the message was that both the parties have inherent problems that aren't trending to be addressed anytime soon.

From the OP:

OR USE YOUR BRAIN AND VOTE INDEPENDENT.

Yikes.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

There was a third-party candidate in the 2016 election from the Prohibition Party, which is the oldest existing third-party in the US. Would you vote for their candidate because he isn't of either two parties?

This is where you started with this conversation, to which I replied no.

I then went on to say that the OP wasn't saying who specifically to vote for aside from the two parties, but rather it's time to take some of the power away from them.
edit on 5-11-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This is where you started with this conversation, to which I replied no.

You started by impugning my motives and my avatar without evidence. I tried to engage in debate rather than respond to the slander.

I then went on to say that the OP wasn't saying who specifically to vote for aside from the two parties, but rather it's time to take some of the power away from them.

The thrust of the OP is quite clear. Vote for more of the same or vote independent.

"OR USE YOUR BRAIN AND VOTE INDEPENDENT. "

It's simply wrong to say the OP isn't telling us to vote for.

Sorry, but this discussion isn't worth it.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
Vote the independent because he/she isn't of either of the two parties? That might be some of the worse voting advice I've ever heard.
Right now voting independent or libertarian is like not bothering to vote at all. Wait! I've voted only once in the past 35 years. Damn my hide!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This whole "Vote for a third party even though they do not appeal to any of my beliefs because it will destroy the two party system!" is spread around to suppress votes for either side, you'll see some campaigns trying to get moderate voters to vote independent so that the opposing side gets less votes, especially in tight races in incumbent states.

To me it sounds like a waste of a vote if you are not getting what you want from the vote you're casting.

Not to say you have to vote Republican/Democrat straight ticket either, but if you truly want a third party to have a chance of winning you have to actively campaign for them and make sure you get them enough exposure, I believe they need atleast 5% of the vote nationwide in a presidential election to be considered an active party for the next.

But either way, regardless of who controls the senate and the house, the independent you choose is either going to vote republican party line or democrat party line to make sure they can get re-elected, in the end it ends up the same anyway right?.

Once you give somebody power they will do anything to cling onto it.

So, don't waste your vote, vote for those you truly believe has the interests of the people at heart.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Waste a vote you mean.

"Vote" for all this you mean:

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
A: VOTE OUT THE TWO PARTY + MSM SYSTEM (Vote Independent)

Vote for more wars, the bankruptcy of the nation, the polarization of society, the Prison Industrial Complex, the Police State, the Surveillance Society, the War on Drugs, and so on machinations that behind this facade of division the MSM fabricated for them they have worked together for decades to perpetrate... OR USE YOUR BRAIN AND VOTE INDEPENDENT.

DARK ELECTIONEERING: How the DNC+MSM+RNC Work Together In Lockstep To Subvert The Nation

Ergo, vote against whomever the MSM (that's Fox News + CNN dont forget) tells you to, seek out whom they distract you from.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Great thread. The more we vote third party and independent candidates the more we erode the two party system.

There will come a tipping point. We don't know when it will come but all of a sudden it will be there. Change starts slowly but you have to initiate it.

When I say there's a tipping point coming, I'm saying that no one knew when the Berlin wall was going to come down or when the soviet union was going to lose power. That fight for freedom had been going on since WW2 ended. But one day, the momentum shifted and that was all it took.

If all of us just voted out conscience instead of this stupid two party system, things would change, much faster.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Great thread. The more we vote third party and independent candidates the more we erode the two party system. There will come a tipping point.

We don't know when it will come but all of a sudden it will be there. Change starts slowly but you have to initiate it.

We've come close the past few cycles leading up to the last cycle where it climaxed IMO. Bernie was an outsider using the dems as a vehicle and got damn near close to securing the ticket.

Trump used the Republicans to get on a ticket and won.

Now we have a vast campaign to realign everyone back into the two party structure using the opposition as the enemy "we all have to band together to fight".

Looking back on old threads, you can see many members who used to be separated from it go back to one or the other parties.

I understand the sentiment with all the rhetoric slung from both sides.

Makes the lesser of two evils look more appealing than ever to many.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

Great thread. The more we vote third party and independent candidates the more we erode the two party system. There will come a tipping point.

We don't know when it will come but all of a sudden it will be there. Change starts slowly but you have to initiate it.

We've come close the past few cycles leading up to the last cycle where it climaxed IMO. Bernie was an outsider using the dems as a vehicle and got damn near close to securing the ticket.

Trump used the Republicans to get on a ticket and won.

Now we have a vast campaign to realign everyone back into the two party structure using the opposition as the enemy "we all have to band together to fight".

Looking back on old threads, you can see many members who used to be separated from it go back to one or the other parties.

I understand the sentiment with all the rhetoric slung from both sides.

Makes the lesser of two evils look more appealing than ever to many.

Agreed.

Trump and Bernie showed that outsiders do have a chance and can win.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I will vote against the Democrat party tomorrow.

That is all.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

#WallsOfMemesAreNotBetterThanWallsOfText

#YesTheyCan

Conveys more information, more readily digestible, and quick to whip up when I'm super duper busy lately. Like double dog busy.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I will vote against the Democrat party tomorrow.

That is all.

You will likely vote for the Oligarchs that own the Two Party + MSM System, tomorrow. As Silly certainly will be.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Bring back Above Main Stream FFS.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I forgot to add in prominent in the list emphasis on voting against War on Drugs / criminalization of cannabis proponents. Knew I was forgetting one, was in a hurry and all anyone talking about around here is national scope BS, the most important thing for state level I forgot.

So I just voted mostly Democrat, way to go Republicans. Had a couple slots that were "NPA", but other than that it was R or D. I wasnt even going to bother actually, but the cannabis issue is paramount. GOP could have slid this stuff thru outside of election stuff long ago and they wouldnt lose votes over it. Did vote R on some financial officer / county commissioner type posts that didnt have an NPA choice. But if the job would play deep into "Marijuana" legislation then R is out. And they deserve it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join