It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we lower the voting age to 16

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

18 seems the right age. By that age, everyone should have completed history/civics courses and have a true understanding of the election process.

I actually think 18 might be too young. I think 21 sounds a little better.

It was 21 not so long ago. Big mistake dropping it to even 18. Then again why not even let prepubescent vote. They can hold the polls at preschools.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
It should be raised to 26.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
hell no

In my state there is something on the ballot to lower the age of office for the state senate to 21 from 25. I say hell no on that one too.

a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Should be a prerequisite to voting to be able to make change for a dollar.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
NO but the drinking age should be lowered to the voting age

Cheers , ATS

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Oh Gawd no!

Lets be honest, Teenagers are easily swayed by peer pressure and are notoriously uneducated in Life.

People lack Wisdom, and that is a resource not available by nature in large quantities in many people especially teenagers.

What are you talking about?
Teens have been doing important research on eating tide pods, drinking boiling water, snorting smarties, the cinnamon challenge, and of course my personal favorite the vodka tampon!

Can't wait for them to vote!!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The voting age should be whatever it is to fight and die for your country. That is 18 in the UK and I'm cool with that.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The age should be increased to 21, unless you volunteer to serve in the military, then it should remain 18 because you should be able to vote for your boss.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

This was the question on our local news station.
Should we lower the voting age to 16?

I think the overwhelming response was no, but I think it was more to start to get the question in people's minds.

All I have to say it watch this video and decide if kids should be able to vote:
www.delish.com...

Nope.

According to David Hogg and the Parkland Survivors, Your not responsible enough to own a gun until you are 21.

Ergo, you are not responsible enough to make smart decisions until you are 21.

Raise the voting age to 21.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

This was the question on our local news station.
Should we lower the voting age to 16?

I think the overwhelming response was no, but I think it was more to start to get the question in people's minds.

All I have to say it watch this video and decide if kids should be able to vote:
www.delish.com...

Hell no! Raised to where they've gained more life experiences. 26 maybe

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

26?! Behave, I was married and owned a house aged 22.
My son is 20 and he is mature enough to know his own mind and whatever is going on in the world.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Sure, lower it to 16 then the next thing you know everyone over 40 is herded into camps and spaced out on acid!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
16 is too young, unless we lower the legal age of an adult to 16. Your brain is not fully developed yet. At 18, you can be drafted into war, and that seems as good as a proper age as any to be able to vote.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
No, we should raise it to 25 so college kids are removed from the influence of liberal leaning academic institutions, have a fully developed pre-frontal cortex, and can "maybe" be in a better place to actually think for themselves.

Of course, it's not like 3/4's of the country can think for themselves as it is, so maybe that last one is a wash.

Agree 100 percent...raise the age for voting and I would also say that we need to raise the age for police officers..I'm thinking 28...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm in favor of a democratic epistocracy. No voting age but each individual vote is weighted by the voters knowledge.

I'm sorry, but someone who can't even name the 3 branches of federal government shouldnt have the same say as someone who can. Just my 2 cents.

A2D
edit on 5-11-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Oh Gawd no!

Lets be honest, Teenagers are easily swayed by peer pressure and are notoriously uneducated in Life.

People lack Wisdom, and that is a resource not available by nature in large quantities in many people especially teenagers.

What are you talking about?
Teens have been doing important research on eating tide pods, drinking boiling water, snorting smarties, the cinnamon challenge, and of course my personal favorite the vodka tampon!

Can't wait for them to vote!!

Don't forget snorting condoms.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Should be a prerequisite to voting to be able to make change for a dollar.

I wish that were funny, but it is so true it's not funny.
That's why fast food and a lot of grocery stores went to an automated change system.

I was in line for some fast food the total was $9.10. I gave the kid $10.10, well that just threw her off completely.
She gave me back a dollar in quarters and get this, my original dime back!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Voting age should be raised to 35, maybe even higher.
Life experience is important.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
no.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yea I want guys that are butt funneling vodka on the weekends voting..
or more GTA or COD players

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join