It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Lawrence Fishburne to star in and Produce Sony Pictures drama "Rendlesham."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This should be quite good in my opinion with Laurence both producing and acting in Sony's 8 part drama "Rendlesham" based on the infamous ufo incident which took place in 1980.

Several people in the village’s small forest including a number of air force servicemen claimed to witness a glowing object in the sky before it flew off into the trees. The sighting was recorded by Lieutenant Colonel Charles Halt in an official report that was made public in 1983 but was subsequently rubbished by other officers, leading to many conspiracy theories.

Written by Doctor Who director and Da Vinci’s Demons writer Joe Ahearne, the series, which will revolve around a family in the area, is played out against the Cold War. It will feature dual timelines, one during the time of the sightings in 1980 and one in 2020, the anniversary of the event. Fishburne plays the lead role of Tyrone, a retired American airman previously stationed at the infamous US air base during the height of the Cold War. Alongside wife Carol and son Brock, Tyrone returns for the first time to visit Carol’s dying father and is forced to face events that have haunted him his whole life. Fishburne will executive produce alongside his Cinema Gypsy Productions and producing partner Helen Sugland. Eve Gutierrez and Jill Green will serve as executive producers alongside Ahearne. SPT will handle distribution internationally.

I will be looking for this series.

source

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to this

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Papa Morpheus returns!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I think you mean Morpheus.

He doesn't go by Lawrence any more. Lol... at least, not in my book

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Oh!!! Lets see how this rolls. Seems he kepted taking them red pills 🤣

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

thanks for reminding me who he is.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
This should be quite good in my opinion with Laurence both producing and acting in Sony's 8 part drama "Rendlesham" based on the infamous ufo incident which took place in 1980.

YAAAAAAS! Thanks for the heads up, data5091. Genuinely looking forward to that. S&F for you, good Sir/ Madam.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

This should be a good one. This is probably the only UFO report I sort of believe.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Very cool.

I'll have to reread all the ATS threads again about this incident.

google
edit on 5-11-2018 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Tyrone?!?! Ha!! Hollyweird liberals continuing the stereotypes! Wife named LaShandra

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

WTF do liberals have to do with this? Thread isn't about politics, it's about a movie

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

GTFOH with your crap
THIS IS NOT POLITICS, you are part of todays current problem

Looking forward to this

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Really tired of the story along with Roswell...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Interesting.

To The Stars Academy has made statements of late that they will be releasing additional information on RFI.

I believe Elizondo is working with Penniston .

I wonder about the timing .

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

GTFOH with your crap

Looking forward to this

I know right??? *no pun intended* lol

Looking forward to seeing LF again...last time I saw him was in Predators...he gained a little weight since playing Morpheus hahahah

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

Right. They call it "cashing in". We're talking about 2 entertainment companies here... for which it's a very bog standard tactic.

GTFOH with your crap

How is this person a problem? In case you forgot, the over-arching "story" of ATS is to deny ignorance. There's plenty to discuss about Hollywood on that front, a lot of which is its politics. And they inject that into our interest/hobby? Rendlesham is not off the hook on that front yet.

And yet you prefer to censor such opinions, sweep them under the rug. Who needs critical thinking on a "deny ignorance" site when you can just roll with subservient hype about some 3rd party product, right?

If you don't want the thread to be critical, analytical or political, maybe you should request having it moved to the "entertainment" forum. Because Aliens & UFOs is open to all kinds of angles, the last of which is censoring people's opinions. #ing idiot.
edit on 5-11-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sounds entertaining, even if it promises to be an incoherent mess in terms of facts. For example, from the blurb:

Several people in the village’s small forest including a number of air force servicemen claimed to witness a glowing object in the sky before it flew off into the trees.

Straight off the bat, this is not something that was ever reported by any witness. Lights (rather than an object) in the sky? Yes. An object/lights which then flew into the trees? No. Doesn't even make sense. And who were these other people in the forest other than USAF personnel? Pixies and elves?

Facts aside, though, it should be a diverting slice of of semi-fictional pap. Can't wait to see who plays Larry Warren!

originally posted by: chrismarco

Really tired of the story along with Roswell...

The Roswell farce was a dead dog 31 years before it became a zombie dead dog.

Rendlesham retains a multitude of questions, though.

edit on 5-11-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Lawrence Fishburne is the man!!

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Papa Morpheus returns!

In a very cool capacity as well.

I also love your festive avatar, choice stuff right there.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Fishburne should have played Colonel Halt!

Imagine the dialogue...

This is your last chance, Penniston! After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed, having seen a lighthouse and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill - you stay in a Wonderland of binary codes and time travelers from the future as I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes, muthaf***er!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join