It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone noticed this about scientists?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
With the exception of a few, scientists openly claim that UFO's do not exist because there is "no physical proof" despite photos, movie clips and testimony.

On the other hand, they believe that the universe is so vast that there must be life outside of our world. Now...How is that any different from what we (ATS) all believe? The only difference is that we HAVE proof. We have pictures and home movies of weird aerial phenomenon. They have nothing but probablity yet they insist they are right and we are wrong at this time.

Does anyone else agree?

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I would say that scientists are looking for measurable, quantifiable evidence. With any kind of photograph or video, there is the possibility for deception. That and no one has been able to produce a crystal-clear image of an extraterrestrial vessel that leaves no doubt as to it's existance.

At least, not one that hasn't been immediately confiscated.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
lol such a good point I'm surprized I never noticed b4 damn goverment brainwashing(hits head) good point though lol

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
From I've been able to determine, scientists are not allowed federal funding or funding will discontinued if they openly admit EBEs are here or participate in scientific investigation on the UFO/EBE subject.

This would include the institution they may be employed by.

Simply, Keep Quiet or lose your funding.

A few years ago the Ameican Federation of Scientists held a news conference saying they were going to begin examining UFO reports provided they contain certain criteria. That was the last I heard of it and any further interest shown toward the UFO problem by AFS.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Your right on your claime, now did you watch the Peter Jennings special?
There was some Scientest claimimng that If someone says they seen a UFO it holds no evidence but lets say I seen (event horizon) stealing candy from the grocery he can be arrested.

Sorry "Event Horizon" for using your name as a refrence but I need to make an example...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
As some UFO researchers point out regarding many scientists, like those of SETI make huge assumptions regarding ET life, which therefore debunks the subject before they even look at it. The first and most glaring assumption is that most scientists claim that there is no possibility of ETs having a way to travel to earth given the large distances in the universe. The second assumption is that signs of intelligent ET life should be able to be picked up with radio signals. Thirdly, many scientists assume that what their governments state as the truth is the truth and that there is no possibility of the subject being covered up.

There are several cases with actual military evidence like radar traces available for the public to look at. Not to mention the documentation that comes with those cases. A couple even include audio recordings of what military personnel were communicating with each other at the time of the events in question. Most such cases were either left out of Project Blue Book or dismissed without reason within its pages. Those that have happened after Project Blue Book was closed such as the 1980 Bentwaters/Rendlesham Forest incident apparently have no merit at all to the scientific community. And then there are the physical trace cases of UFO landings which have many anomalous properties. Thousands of such cases exist. At no point does it recieve proper scrutiny.

I feel that what is really going on is that most scientists do think there is something to the subject. Their careers are at stake should they take up a position of pro-ET visitation publicly. And then there the scientists actually involved in the cover up of the subject who deny everything as well.

There is another issue involved here though. Its apparent that ETs cover up the subject too. Otherwise there would be no doubts as to their existence at this point in time. They cover their tracks just as much as our governments try to clean away any spot they leave behind. Any scientist dealing with what evidence is left behind is surely going to be left wanting.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
From I've been able to determine, scientists are not allowed federal funding or funding will discontinued if they openly admit EBEs are here or participate in scientific investigation on the UFO/EBE subject.
Dallas

Good point.

Originally posted by 2ndSEED
Your right on your claime, now did you watch the Peter Jennings special?
There was some Scientest claimimng that If someone says they seen a UFO it holds no evidence but lets say I seen (event horizon) stealing candy from the grocery he can be arrested.

That’s funny.
Yes I did watch it. That’s where I got that idea from. One scientist said I don’t care who it is... even Jimmy Carter...ya ya ya.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Actually, Dallas, it isn't just the government drying up funding. The National Institute for Discovery Science, a privately funded research institute, has temporarily closed it's doors, due to the lack of need for investigative work. The desire to research extraterrestrial life is never in question, it is the means and methods that create the difficulty.

www.nidsci.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I am wondering who the scientists are that say there is no such things as UFOs or Alien life. If anyone can name a scientist for me I will gladly look them up and check out their background.
There was Philip J. Klass the Engineers the most well know UFO debunker.
In my experience I've seen more scientist saying you can't rule out ET life.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I feel that what is really going on is that most scientists do think there is something to the subject. Their careers are at stake should they take up a position of pro-ET visitation publicly. And then there the scientists actually involved in the cover up of the subject who deny everything as well.

Lets say they dont work in a senstive area (area 51 like) but just your average reseacher who is warned not to particpate. There covering up something that is bigger than any job, research or even humanity. Isnt it just sad that they are forced to go against the grain? Its sad that the (US Government) as people would dangle the carrot like that.

Originally posted by Umbrax
I am wondering who the scientists are that say there is no such things as UFOs or Alien life. If anyone can name a scientist for me I will gladly look them up and check out their background.
There was Philip J. Klass the Engineers the most well know UFO debunker.
In my experience I've seen more scientist saying you can't rule out ET life.

There was a few on the Jenning's program tonight. Dont remember there names, sorry. Even the SETI people flying in the airplane right away jumped to conclusions that they had seen a UFO...though it was only the moon. They quesioned themselves..."Is this happening to us, we are supposed to be the SKEPTICS..."

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
Lets say they dont work in a senstive area (area 51 like) but just your average reseacher who is warned not to particpate. There covering up something that is bigger than any job, research or even humanity. Isnt it just sad that they are forced to go against the grain? Its sad that we (US Government) as people would dangle the carrot like that.

It is quite sad. If you don't care about money, your reputation, or perhaps even your safety, you can become a scientist who is publicly pro-ET visitation. It would be quite hard to live such a life at this time and as Stanton Friedman has pointed out many times, there is no money in the subject if you take it seriously.

Something else too. If scientists did start coming out and admitting they believe UFOs are real and piloted by ETs, the often speculated on public hysteria and perhaps collapse of civilization could very well happen. People of reasonable intelligence can at least imagine such a scenario as being a possibility, which perhaps keep most scientists' mouths shut as much as the problems they would face from the cover up and ridicule side of it. There really doesn't seem to be any viable way to bring out the information. So many unknowns and possibilities, and most are negative.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
There is one other thing though. If scientists did start coming out and admitting they believe UFOs are real and piloted by ETs, the often speculated on public hysteria and perhaps collapse of civilization could very well happen. People of reasonable intelligence can at least imagine such a scenario as being a possibility, which perhaps keep most scientists's mouths shut as much as the problems they would face from the cover up and ridicule side of it. There really doesn't seem to be any viable way to bring out the information. So many unknowns and possibilities, and most are negative.

Thats a good point. I imagine if scientists did admit, come out and speak freely it would change a lot of things. Including human history and Im not sure historians would like that too much.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Even the SETI people flying in the airplane right away jumped to conclusions that they had seen a UFO...though it was only the moon. They quesioned themselves..."Is this happening to us, we are supposed to be the SKEPTICS..."

Yes I seen that I laughed out loud. How can people be interested in space and not know where the moon is? That part of the program didn't tell me anything other than some people can't identify things.
The Moon was a UFO until she Identified it as the Moon.
I've even shown that the Moon can be a UFO. www.abovetopsecret.com...'. Millions of people across the world do not see the moon or any other 'normal' object in the sky and can't Identify it. A UFO is just that a Unidentified flying object. These are not scientist that claim there is no such thing as Alien life they are with SETI.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Scientists KNOW that UFOs exist.

High technology means power and safety... against enemy countries. It is all kept secret in order to achieve technology and get knowledge from aliens. There is a really big conspiracy giong on.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Not having proof of something is not proof that it doesn't exist or didn't happen. We keep trying untill we get proof. What would be "acceptable" proof of something noone has ever seen?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i would like to make the point that there might not be any connection between ufos and aliens. If there is no connection then we actually have no proof that aliens exist except alien footage (the alien interview and the autopsy one) which most of is thought to have been faked.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The thing is that they also believe that no on can travel faster than the speed of light, actually not even close to it. So in order for aliens to be visiting us, it would take the aliens, whom they assume come from very far away because the nearest system is light years away, to travel at speed of light, which wouldn't be possible.

Not all scientists agree to other life on Universe, they believe that it took miracles, coincidences and a whole lot of luck for Earth to create life. So the possiblity of that happening to any other planet is very very low.

And Scientists also tend not to believe in photoshoped alien pictures and actors who pose as aliens.

Even if there is life on other places, the chances of them making contact would be very low, because first it would take them forever to travel here and second we are a tiny speck in Earth's history, so the chance that we get so many alien encounters is astronomical.

Surf

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What constitutes a scientist? I'm a geologist, thats a science, therefore am I a scientist? But just to let you know, I'm an exploration geologist / wellsite supervisor geologist for oil & gas exploration & recovery. There are a few funky things going on. For example if we are moving on to location and discover artifacts we have to call the closest Native American Tribe and inform them so they can study the site and look for burial grounds, & artifacts. This ends up taking years & costs millions so sometimes it isn't reported in the intrest of keeping everybody working. The engineers, geologists, directional drillers, MWD hands, tool pushes, drilling rig crews, camp staff, bit hands, truck drivers, cat operater & lease builders, surveyors, etc, etc. all have bills to pay & mouths to feed. Now what do you think happens when a bigfoot is reported? Biologists, park rangers, whack jobs, and what not get the projects shut down so they can investigate the location. This costs millions as well thus alot of things are not reported anymore. Sorry but we have to feed our families.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

"event horizon"
That’s funny.
Yes I did watch it. That’s where I got that idea from. One scientist said I don’t care who it is... even Jimmy Carter...ya ya ya.

Dont you just scream at the TV ! lol
Its pretty bad when the skeptics resort to "knock and mock"
a "President of the United States" spotless credablity,
(who has since devoted himself to habitat for humanity)
especially when its a matter of public record he himself was denied
access to UFO/ALIEN Info by "BUSH 1" .
info that was to important for him, the PRESIDENT, to have!
whatever happened to COMMANDER IN CHEIF?
No congressional hearings into this Military industrial complex running our country instead of our elected leader?

Alot of people still dont belive UFO's or aliens exist,
They think your crazy or disfunctional in some way! HAH
They even publicly ridiculed jimmy for his UFO sighting and requests afterward!
Its even to the point now that fear of being institutionalized for your oppinions or experiences even if your correct in those belifes....
Ill admit its better towards UFOs now but mention their pilots are other beings and you saw one, and its still the genral public's reaction to say "GET HIM A PHYCHIOTRIST"!
its the DARK AGES all over again......

I think to myself , If they didnt exist then why would thier non existence
be of such a high national security clearence........? !

And Off topic, but for being a nice guy Event horizon ill tell ya:
the cow and ufo sign on my avatar is real ! no sh_t ! lol

I found it on web and contacted the author she said she drove up to it and took pictures, im getting the county info so i can check with sign dept.
she said no photoshop editing was involved and had some additional pictures to prove it. she said she doesnt know if sign itself was edited but cattle mutalations where high in the area she said......lol
crazy world indeed.......but a crazy reality!

I wish their was one of these near me that day ......

[edit on 26-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

One scientist said I don’t care who it is... even Jimmy Carter...ya ya ya.

He wasn't a scientist, not in the true sense of the word. In fact that person is the editor of Skeptic Magazine. He approaches every UFO-related problem with skepticism rather than the scientific method. He forms a conclusion and finds information to verify his conclusion. He does not form multiple hypotheses and test them with levels of confidence. This is a very important distinction.

I am a scientist and I believe that there are objects in our skies which are not identifiable.

MK

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join