It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's own tweet proved to be his downfall in emoluments case and tax releases.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Trump gave up his role as president of the Trump Organization and is working for free. But they’re after him for supposedly profiting off the presidency. This isn’t justice. It’s obstruction.

He DID NOT give up ownership of the company like Presidents before him did to avoid this issue. Trump is not above the law.

Source ?
Which other Presidents did give away ownership of their business ?
I remember Trump signing away to his children . On international TV.
Why ? Did you expect a full divestment to go to you ?
Folks usually have a habit of not giving away control of a business to strangers.
Maybe an alternate reality induced by an extreme CNN addiction ?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: BlackJackal

You know, you could just type "Trump BAd bAD Rrreeee", copy it, paste it in a document then type in a title and control-V your actual content.

It would save us all a lot of time... for instance, that way I don't have to scroll down very far to get a giggle at the replies.

Control-V... all the cool alt-left kids do tt now!

Funny, last I checked you could "Right" click to copy paste without even touching the keyboard. Thought that's why I was seeing so much trash on the forums latelty.

As repetitious as the OP is , to have a pre-copy/pasted document would be more efficient

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

BlackJackal you're a light in a pit of darkness amongst the trump cult of ATS.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
More fuel to the Dem fantasy that they will find some gold nugget buried in the Trump tax returns.
Like his tax returns are the vulnerable spot in his magical protection. If they can just get their hands on them they will be able to break the spell and cast Donald back to the pit of misery.

If there was ANY thing illegal in Donald Trumps tax returns the IRS would have already found it.
OH wait? Did you guys forget that those returns actually get sent in to the Government?
That the Government is going to do everything that it can to get as much tax money from the people as it can?
Did you forget that the IRS will single out high income people and go over their returns because they know that if they find errors or illegal activity that those people will have serious money to pay huge fines?

Did you also forget that Madcow had her Al Capone Vault moment when she showed the leaked returns on MSNBC? Nothing to see there folks its a dead horse.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Trump gave up his role as president of the Trump Organization and is working for free. But they’re after him for supposedly profiting off the presidency. This isn’t justice. It’s obstruction.

He DID NOT give up ownership of the company like Presidents before him did to avoid this issue. Trump is not above the law.

Source ?
Folks usually have a habit of not giving away control of a business to strangers.

I already gave a link, but here is another and a quote this time. Apparantly your memory isn't as good as you thought it was.

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump said on Wednesday he would maintain ownership of his global business empire but hand off control to his two oldest sons while president, an arrangement that watchdogs said would not prevent conflicts of interest in the White House.

LINK
edi t on 6-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Source ?

Oh yeah, I forgot to answer your other question. Which other President got rid of their business. Here you go.

For example, Bill Clinton used blind trusts while he was in office, as did George W. Bush. When Hillary Clinton launched her first presidential run in 2007, she went so far as to liquidating her blind trust to eliminate any investments that might create a problem down the road. Since then, she has kept the proceeds in bank accounts, treasury notes and mutual funds.

LINK

Yet, the peanut farm for which Jimmy was derisively mocked by Washington elites became a serious target for a potential presidential conflict of interest when he assumed office. After spending decades of his life building up the family business that was the backbone of his entry into politics, Carter had to let it go into a blind trust — passing off the business to his mother, Lillian, and brother, Billy.

LINK

Where did you get your education? Where do you get your news? Maybe both are failing you.

edit on 6-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join