It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's own tweet proved to be his downfall in emoluments case and tax releases.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

So a judge who thinks he is guilty before seeing evidence. Sounds like the typical liberal activist judge.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

They used a tweet as evidence, much like the anti-Trump press. Yet Nowhere in it does Trump suggest he has time for “suites”. Trumps schedule, his work load—the facts in real life—would suggest otherwise. The judge doesn’t use the facts as his evidence.

This ruling, the activist court, is a travesty of justice.
edit on 5-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You can't mouth off and goad people on Twitter and it not eventually catch up to you.

That said, it seems like the judge is being petty--he should well know that Trump's "daring" could have easily been stated as, "Brennen won't sue me because it will bring all of his dirt out in court."

It was not indicative of Trump having unlimited time to deal with lawsuits.

In fact, this makes me think that the judge is either more dense than a judge should be, or is an activist judge with an axe to grind with Trump. Unfortunately, I have to hope for the former, because I hold no patience for activist judges.

Trump does need to get a handle on his narcissistic bravado that he vomits through Twitter, though. I've been saying that since his campaign.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
If it´s not required, it should not be demanded. I get the idea of it, why this looks curious. On the other hand, as an example, just because the pre-owner of an apple plantage gave those apples away on good will, doesn´t mean the next owner is bound to that.

Hope I made it understandable.

There are however some questions recently about whether or not he is using his position to benefit business interests which he has said he has separated himself from.

Then it should be investigated, fair and without bias. No question. However I find it extremly hypocritical of some to overlook their own parties presidents faults and curious "coincidences". Regardless what political side or spectrum one dwells, a well balanced critical view should be maintained.

Donald Trump is a populist that should learn to control his fingers/mouth more better. But he´s keeping those "populist" promises he made to his voters, where he can. The voters relied on his word and they see their trust was repaid by the actions he did since taking office.

This is why I believe he will win the midterms. If he does, it´s certainly not undeserved.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: dothedew

It gets worse after the midterms.

1) Democrats don;t do as well as they wanted - riots
2) Democrats do as well as they wanted - 100's of more investigations into everything from Trump's shoe size to his drawings as a child.

Bravo!

I cannot believe someone from the UK actually has a better insight than the US dems have

Democrats cannot win, this is a check mate for them regardless of tomorrow's outcome. If they don't do well its a lose with some riots that can be dealt with. If the do well its a standstill of the entire US for the next 2 years minimum. Nothing will be done... Doesn't matter if we are Rep, Dem, Independent, black, white, green, brown, jewish, Christian...whatever, if dems gets majority we will be all royally f...d...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Well, since you solely focus on Trump, it certainly makes it appear so. So when are you doing that thread on those HRC mails?

Sadly, I wasn’t active here during the time that the emails were a valid topic. What is the point now? There are not any new movement on the email front. There is not an active investigation and by all reports the emails are not recoverable.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
That´s correct. However the impression you make differs from what you say about yourself. Just saying.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Emoluments--especially selectively used as political fodder by an activist judge selectively choosing unsettled interpretations--sounds like an eventual job for the Supreme Court. Probably time for that to happen anyways.

“The Department of Justice disagrees with and is disappointed by this ruling,” said spokeswoman Kelly Laco. “This case, which should have been dismissed, presents important questions that warrant immediate appellate review.”

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

I think that it's time that congress pass new bills spelling out what can and cannot be done while in power.

The evidence as it stands is circumstantial, and there is no shortage of seeing people in power doing things that at least makes the other side question the motives, and end results.

For instance, there was no shortage of Clinton Fondation donations while HRC was in a government capacity. In fact, HuffPo uses the recent negative traction with Saudi Arabia to frame their case of Royalty using Trump hotels as trying to get influence.

Well, Saudi Arabia has always been a bad actor, and we know that they gave the Clinton Foundation millions while she was in the government.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Donald Trump is a populist that should learn to control his fingers/mouth more better. But he´s keeping those "populist" promises he made to his voters, where he can. The voters relied on his word and they see their trust was repaid by the actions he did since taking office.

This is why I believe he will win the midterms. If he does, it´s certainly not undeserved.

I think the Republicans will keep the senate, and have a good chance at holding the house.

The Democrats haven't done an intraspective look at to why they lost 2016, which was they didn't explain their platform more than demonize Trump's.

We see them using the same technique of running, which is, "we're not Trump, vote for us". We'll see how that works, I don't think it will be beneficial.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I see it as a good thing too. This should open the doors, eventually, to all kinds of investigations that are in need of some sunlight.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Trump gave up his role as president of the Trump Organization and is working for free. But they’re after him for supposedly profiting off the presidency. This isn’t justice. It’s obstruction.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

I see it as a good thing too. This should open the doors, eventually, to all kinds of investigations that are in need of some sunlight.

Problem is we have to start somewhere, more importantly some one.

But I think that it all has to be clearly addressed and rewritten so that no side can complain when their candidate is in the cross hairs for it.

To go after Trump and not Clinton for this would just show bias.

I think it's time they clarify what is kosher, and what is not, then going forward anyone who doesn't play ball pays the price.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The Democrats haven't done an intraspective look at to why they lost 2016, which was they didn't explain their platform more than demonize Trump's.
We see them using the same technique of running, which is, "we're not Trump, vote for us". We'll see how that works, I don't think it will be beneficial.

As long as they are adamant on having the election robbed from them, they won´t help themselfes by keeping up that ilusion, I agree.

That can´t be good. They are burrying their heads in the sand. They went with identity politics in the hopes they can influence enough, but those are not the voters you want, if you think in long terms.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Trump gave up his role as president of the Trump Organization and is working for free. But they’re after him for supposedly profiting off the presidency. This isn’t justice. It’s obstruction.

A couple of hotel rooms isn't going to make or break his company, I agree.

They should have substantial evidence before spending tax payer dollars on this, and for the sake of justice.

I think that it is shadier that the Clinton's got about 10x more wealth after leaving high public offices before they got into them.

I don't say that to use whataboutisms to defend any particular side/group/person, just using it to paint the picture if we are going off of what things appear to be, we need to do it with everyone.

More importantly, congress needs to spell out what can be done, and what cannot.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

As long as they are adamant on having the election robbed from them, they won´t help themselfes by keeping up that ilusion, I agree.

That can´t be good. They are burrying their heads in the sand. They went with identity politics in the hopes they can influence enough, but those are not the voters you want, if you think in long terms.

I haven't heard much word on who they plan to run in 2020, or what their platform will be.

I doubt much will change there.

My guess is that they'll take someone who can speak well and has a decent image and bank on the win because it's not Trump.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Why doesn't trump release his tax returns?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It doesnt matter a judge cant legally force the release of a tax return. The only people besides the president that can have them released is the Congress’s Joint Committee on Taxation signing off to allow it to be released. Judges can ask for him to release him but he doesn't have to comply. Corporate tax returns are even harder to get because it involves a release from a board of directors unlikely that that would happen. The only way to get access to another's tax return if it directly involves you such as a joint return or during a divorce because even filing separately its still considered joint assets.

So to some it up no tax returns will be released, they can only be requested and since the president doesn't have to worry about the court he won't comply

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

So a judge who thinks he is guilty before seeing evidence. Sounds like the typical liberal activist judge.

Can’t wait to scream “Activist judge!” next time I’m in court and watch the case against me fade away.

I think you guys are on to something.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
Well, you´re leaving out the possibility that what you are screaming is true.

If you enter the courtroom and the judge screams "guilty", I bet the first thing your lawyer would do is file a complaint of bias (or how it´s called) and it would benefit you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join