It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's own tweet proved to be his downfall in emoluments case and tax releases.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Back to topic, I thought Trump was thoroughly checked when he ran for president. Why is it other peoples business what someone else has on his tax return or bank account?

If he had dirt at this walking cane, it would have been found before he was sworn into the oval office.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
One other question that I intended to ask in the main topic. But how many of you already knew about this case, knew that it was this close to moving forward, etc. I am willing to bet not many because as far as I know it has not appeared on Fox News proper and has only made it's presence known as articles buried on the site away from all but the most determined readers.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Didn't Trump transfer his company over to his kids?
I'm pretty sure he did.

We'll see what happens, but if you think this is going to result in Trump no longer being your President. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

No, it's better to hear important stuff - good or bad.
Some activist judge taking up a looney suit that claims Trump's business renting out a ballroom is somehow a problem, is not interesting. It's pathetic.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Back to topic, I thought Trump was thoroughly checked when he ran for president. Why is it other peoples business what someone else has on his tax return or bank account?

If he had dirt at this walking cane, it would have been found before he was sworn into the oval office.

Technically, it is not anyone else's business. Trump was well within his rights to just say "I don't want to show my tax returns" but since every other candidate since Nixon had shown their tax returns it made people question why he didn't want to release them. The questions deepen even further when Trump said he can't release them because he was under audit (a lie).

So really, Trump made his tax returns interesting by appearing to want to keep them hidden and making up lies to support that.

As for checking him for President, as far as I am aware, all a President gets is an FBI background check to make sure they are not criminals. Going through tax returns to look for crimes is not in the purview of the FBI background check.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Many lawsuits do not make Fox news or any other news regarding politicians. Obama and Hillary have many pending lawsuits against them. Trump has lawsuits against him and will have many more. It comes with the territory.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'm pretty sure he did.

We'll see what happens, but if you think this is going to result in Trump no longer being your President. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

He transferred the operation of the company to his kids but he still receives the financial benefits from the company and is still the owner of the company. Therefore any financial activity conducted by the company can be considered to the financial benefit of Donald Trump.

This is why every other President has put their companies into a blind trust, to avoid this issue specifically.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Many lawsuits do not make Fox news or any other news regarding politicians. Obama and Hillary have many pending lawsuits against them. Trump has lawsuits against him and will have many more. It comes with the territory.

True, but something this big, this close to its end directly concerning the President of the United States, wouldn't you think they should cover it?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

His tax is checked yearly or not?

So really, Trump made his tax returns interesting by appearing to want to keep them hidden and making up lies to support that.

Straight up the Gestapo ally. Oh he want´s privacy and secrets... He must have something to hide! Onlly criminals have secrets.

link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

I'm pretty sure he did.

He transferred the operation of the company to his kids but he still receives the financial benefits from the company and is still the owner of the company. Therefore any financial activity conducted by the company can be considered to the financial benefit of Donald Trump.

This is why every other President has put their companies into a blind trust, to avoid this issue specifically.

Do you have a source that supports your claim?

link   

Technically, it is not anyone else's business. Trump was well within his rights to just say "I don't want to show my tax returns" but since every other candidate since Nixon had shown their tax returns it made people question why he didn't want to release them. The questions deepen even further when Trump said he can't release them because he was under audit (a lie).

As for checking him for President, as far as I am aware, all a President gets is an FBI background check to make sure they are not criminals. Going through tax returns to look for crimes is not in the purview of the FBI background check.

it's a shame Mueller isn't smart enough to check Trump's financials. He could have ended his little game months ago and you would be writing threads about how mean Mike Pence is.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Welcome to the United States of Kindergarden!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'll give you a star and flag, just for your unrelenting pursuit out of the blue right before the midterms.

I'm just curious why everyone wants his Tax Returns so bad? Can we make a fair trade, Trumps' Taxes for Hilary's Emails? lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololol

Anyway, I can't wait for the midterms to be done and over with..... Less of this stuff going back and forth from both sides of the aisle.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

It gets worse after the midterms.

1) Democrats don;t do as well as they wanted - riots
2) Democrats do as well as they wanted - 100's of more investigations into everything from Trump's shoe size to his drawings as a child.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
I'll give you a star and flag, just for your unrelenting pursuit out of the blue right before the midterms.

I'm just curious why everyone wants his Tax Returns so bad? Can we make a fair trade, Trumps' Taxes for Hilary's Emails? lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololol

Anyway, I can't wait for the midterms to be done and over with..... Less of this stuff going back and forth from both sides of the aisle.

To be honest with you, I want Hillary’s emails almost more than I do Trumps taxes. I’m convinced she is hiding some bad stuff.

I just don’t understand the logic that I must be pro Hillary or pro Democrat to point out the flaws in Trump.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure he did.

Do you have a source that supports your claim?

Yes I do

LINK

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Well, since you solely focus on Trump, it certainly makes it appear so. So when are you doing that thread on those HRC mails?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Some activist judge taking up a looney suit that claims Trump's business renting out a ballroom is somehow a problem...

Trump did ask to get sued, so he got sued.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Sounds fair.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

In several ways he was vetted.

The Trump opposition wants to find dirt in past tax returns. (It is tradition many presidents offer their tax returns to the public, but is not required and are still private documents).

That said, those returns are from when he was a private citizen and probably don't have much to do with him being president.

There are however some questions recently about whether or not he is using his position to benefit business interests which he has said he has separated himself from.

I personally don't see how his private tax records prior to being president are relevent other than some people wanting to find dirt.... That said, if there is evidence of him trying to benefit the Trump company through his position, they may bring a case.

I find it doubtful in today's political climate he gets more than a slap on the hand should they find any evidence of that though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join