It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defector From North Korea Claims Pakistan Supplied the North with Materials for The Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This one is big time. Pakistan has denied all claims of support to any country seeking Weapons of Mass Destruction, but nonetheless it seems as if others have something conflicting to say. Such as one, Hwang Yang-jop who was secretary of the central committee of the ruling Korean Workers Party. Not only did he hold that position but he was head of Nuclear development in this poverty stricken land. He claims that Pakistan has provided the North Korean government with a one year contract to enriched uranium which was supposedly signed in 1997. This man had defected in the same year, but for some unknown reason is only speaking of these things now. Why??? I don't know. Can we believe him??? You got me. Can we believe anything we hear these days??? Here is the link to that story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Opinions please..................

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
well pervez mussharef came to power in 1999 i believe so hopefully he doesn;t support N. Korea, but you never know maybe india supplies S. Korea with weapons

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
if south korea is getting weapons from india, then i wouldn't be suprised one bit, however, the south has enough support from the US, so i don't think they'd take an Indian assault rifle over an m-16, unless it was cheaper of course.

if pakistan is supplying uranium to the north, then we have a little bit more to worry about. if we get angry with them about it, we'll get, 'conspiracy by india to disrupt whatever peace there is' and shouts of traitor for pakistani aid in the war on terror. it's not a good lookin situation.

join