It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johnny Walker Ad: This Land Is Our Land Anthem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
As a Trump supporter I thought it was great, But the libs say I'm offended so they can be happy.

Now do you see the issues we have.

Happy Monday!!

And yes I like it and like Red

I find it sad that this was reduced to politics in the first place. I thought it was a great ad too.

Wow! We agree on something!!!

Johnny Walker - bringing us all together...
edit on 5-11-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Keep walking = caravan?
My land=Aztlan?
Do they have press 2 for English throughout Central America?
Has everyone forgotten Veracruz, Mexico City and Chapultapec?
Guadalupe-Hidalgo and a little war in 1843?
The $20 million we paid for your land?

Exactly my thoughts, in a sense. I thought about the caravan and the invasion of America, as if this is their land.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Keep walking = caravan?
My land=Aztlan?
Do they have press 2 for English throughout Central America?
Has everyone forgotten Veracruz, Mexico City and Chapultapec?
Guadalupe-Hidalgo and a little war in 1843?
The $20 million we paid for your land?

Exactly my thoughts, in a sense. I thought about the caravan and the invasion of America, as if this is their land.

1. There is no "invasion" of America. The caravan, according to US Military estimates, will dwindle down to 20% of the total original amount of asylum seekers (around 1400 souls). These are not 'Soldiers' marching to "invade." These are people coming legally to the US border to request asylum, as is our law.

2. These people did not originate from Mexico. They are coming from places like Honduras in Central America. They are not "invading" to "take back their land." This is not a military operation.

3. Why are they traveling in a "caravan" with thousands of other people if it isn't an "invasion?" Because there is a sense of safety in numbers. The smugglers are left out of the loop (they cost a lot of money and can require things of the people they are smuggling that are illegal or terrible). Women and children feel safer - there is protection against rape and other violent crimes against travelers in a group.

4. Why are they coming in the first place? Well, they are fleeing a terrible, violent situation in their home countries. It is simple and very human. These are asylum seekers, refugees from unstable and violent nation states to the South. How those nation states became unstable and violent is a whole topic in and of itself...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

There is no "invasion" of America. The caravan, according to US Military estimates, will dwindle down to 20% of the total original amount of asylum seekers (around 1400 souls). These are not 'Soldiers' marching to "invade." These are people coming legally to the US border to request asylum, as is our law.

Then why are they carrying the Honduras flag?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Woody Guthrie's "This Land is Your Land" is actually a sarcastic critique of the corporate and private takeover of America to the exclusion of average working people. Not a happy-go-lucky dance number celebrating America.

So corporate advertisers get it wrong... again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join