It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed With Assault Rifles, Black Panthers March For Stacey Abrams

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

What are they doing?

Just standing there looks to me. They aren't brandishing them in any threatening manner.

Free exercise of their 2nd amendment right, and their first amendment rights under the Constitution.

What are they doing wrong?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think the problem is they are black with a gun.

So scary.

Either we all get to bare arms, or nobody does, you dont get to pick and choose, silly of those who claim to be for freedoms

Leave my weed and my goddamn guns alone!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kyosuke

If most of the Georgians are like the ones I know...

She's just cost herself the mansion. Saying stupid stuff like that anywhere is political suicide, or the next best thing to it...but in the south? Really?

Stupid just doesn't do it justice.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

i was not being serious - but it would make for some hilarious exciuses :

the ballot was too far away , too small , too close together

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Thought this was pretty funny...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki
Imagine if it were a group of white men, brandishing assault weapons and screaming "White Power" or some such tripe.

Who has to imagine?

Trump supporters show up for rallies armed all the time.

Funny how idiots views on the 2nd Amendment change dependent on skin tone.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Slinki
Imagine if it were a group of white men, brandishing assault weapons and screaming "White Power" or some such tripe.

Who has to imagine?

Trump supporters show up for rallies armed all the time.

Compare the facial expression of each....

Seems the Trump supporters are a lot happier and not as grim faced. I wonder why that is? If I were to approach either of these groups, I would likely feel less threatened by the group smiling than frowning, regardless of skin color.

However, s I stated before in this thread, as long as in either case they are following local firearms and voting laws, what's the issue?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Lumenari

That still doesn't answer my question.

In any case, where does she state she wants to ban assault rifles?

staceyabrams.com...

Here's is her position.

www.theatlantavoice.com...

“When you were a state lawmaker in 2016, you co-sponsored a bill that would have allowed Georgia state authorities to take away so-called assault weapons from current gun owners,” Tapper began. “Most similar bans would grandfather in existing weapons of that sort, semiautomatic rifles that are called assault weapons.

So, is that your current position, that law-abiding gun owners in Georgia should have to give up those weapons, if authorities deem it necessary?” “AR-15s are not necessary on our streets,” Abrams continued, as she continued to express her support for banning semi-automatic weapons. “Well, just to be clear, you were one of six co-sponsors of this bill,

House Bill 731, introduced January 11, 2016, not that long ago,” Tapper responded. “Your co-sponsor told reporters the law — quote — ‘would require gun owners of these particular models to turn their guns in.'” “And, again, my point is this: the legislation introduced was the beginning of a conversation,” Abrams said, as she continued to state her reason behind introducing the bill.

“I am absolutely certain that, were we to pass this in Georgia, we would have a conversation about grandfathering in, about whether or not people would turn their guns in, whether there would be buybacks. There are a number of approaches to take to accomplish this goal.”

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Ok progressive. Throwing out generalities I see. Theses are not just black men. THEY ARE STOKLEY CHARMICHAELS BLACK PANTHERS. Read before you sling your snide leftist barbs. These are died in the wool MARXISTS. That means for your clouded brain a complete change in our CONSTITUTION if they were to get into power. Sorry not black men these are black terrorists waiting to pounce. Normal back folk do not identify with this group like I do not identify with KKK or Skin heads or Nazi's. But some how I am sure you will pigeon hole me into that group somehow.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I misread the title of the OP.

I thought it said..."Armed with Assault Rifles, Black Panthers march in their Stacey Adams"

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Lumenari

That still doesn't answer my question.

In any case, where does she state she wants to ban assault rifles?

staceyabrams.com...

Here's is her position.

www.theatlantavoice.com...

“When you were a state lawmaker in 2016, you co-sponsored a bill that would have allowed Georgia state authorities to take away so-called assault weapons from current gun owners,” Tapper began. “Most similar bans would grandfather in existing weapons of that sort, semiautomatic rifles that are called assault weapons.

So, is that your current position, that law-abiding gun owners in Georgia should have to give up those weapons, if authorities deem it necessary?” “AR-15s are not necessary on our streets,” Abrams continued, as she continued to express her support for banning semi-automatic weapons. “Well, just to be clear, you were one of six co-sponsors of this bill,

House Bill 731, introduced January 11, 2016, not that long ago,” Tapper responded. “Your co-sponsor told reporters the law — quote — ‘would require gun owners of these particular models to turn their guns in.'” “And, again, my point is this: the legislation introduced was the beginning of a conversation,” Abrams said, as she continued to state her reason behind introducing the bill.

“I am absolutely certain that, were we to pass this in Georgia, we would have a conversation about grandfathering in, about whether or not people would turn their guns in, whether there would be buybacks. There are a number of approaches to take to accomplish this goal.”

Watched the interview and she sounded almost exactly like Pelosi when she said we have to pass the bill to see what's in it....

Abrams skirted the question the whole time. It was a simple yes or no and she just kept skirting it.

Really hoping she gets nowhere close to winning....she would be a disaster for GA, and not because of her stance on guns.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

You can't be serious.

You need me to find armed Trump supporters that have a less friendly expression?

You don't believe that exists?

edit on 6-11-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You can't be serious.

You need me to find armed Trump supporters that have a less friendly expression?

You are the one that posted the 2nd photo, right? I was commenting on your comparison. It's not a reflection of me, but of you. The fact you didn't notice that difference is telling in itself to be honest. In your zeal to show Trump supporters armed, and seemingly threatening, you missed that facial expressions can be an important factor in how someone is perceived. It says to me you don't really care about the issue, but more about whataboutisms and finger pointing like a 4 year old child.

Grow up....life is complex. There are successes and failures. You are not special nor without fault (and neither am I). The key to being grown up is to accept your failures and learn from them. Only a child whines when they lose.....so, stop whining. You'll feel better tomorrow after your loss today.....really.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Every so often a liberal will post a thread like this showing the Black Panthers armed at voting booths or simply demonstrating somewhere. Just to use it as a race card stacked deck.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I ask this in all seriousness... do you ever read anything more than the title?

Most people in this thread support their right to carry their arms openly... the only question is why they would do so in support of someone who has already tried to confiscate firearms. The 2nd Amendment applies to everyone. There's no change in my views because of skin tone.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I liked the way she kept saying the confiscation bill she voted for was "a way to start a conversation." Must be nice when the conversation starts with getting everything you want...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Right because its o.k. for POC to show up armed at polling places to intimidate and discourage white voters.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

That is why I speak of them as the "Despicables".

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

You can't be serious.

You are the one that posted the 2nd photo, right? I was commenting on your comparison. It's not a reflection of me, but of you. The fact you didn't notice that difference is telling in itself to be honest. In your zeal to show Trump supporters armed, and seemingly threatening,

I was not trying to show "Trump Supporters" as "Seemingly Threatening"?

The fact that you might think I was is "not a reflection of me, but of you."

I was just demonstrating that the novelty of this image to Trump Supporters seems to be skin color and political leanings.

Facial expressions and skin color and political opinions are not factors that the 2nd Amendment discriminates for.

edit on 6-11-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join