It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Citizens save more lives in Seattle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Two armed Citizens (one armed with a firearm, the other had Mace) took down a DV stabbing suspect in Seattle.

"I saw a girl on the ground laying on someone's lap, people rushing over," he told Q13 News. "My focus was going outside."

Brown, who has a concealed carry permit, chased after suspect David Lee Morris as he fled the area.

"I saw the knife in his right hand, so I ran after him. I kept getting him to try and put down the knife," he told Q13 News. "We kept walking backwards and backwards and backwards."

In a video shot by a witness, Brown can be seen confronting Morris. Brown said he never wanted to shoot somebody, but to just keep Morris from getting away.

And like a real hero, Brown (the 1st guy who made contact with the attacker) had the following to say:

"The point was to hold his focus," he said. "There were people everywhere, and he's focused on me. He's not running after other people. He's focused on me."

Brown and the other bystander (who is unnamed, I believe) acted quickly and likely saved lives. A subject who had just fatally stabbed his GirlFriend or Wife was fleeing the scene of the stabbing with his knife still in hand. It is impossible to tell who else would've been injured or killed by his actions, but IMO it is clear he intended to engage with other bystanders or first responders when they arrived

The real surprise is that Seattle hasn't found some way to charge these two heros with a crime. Can't have armed Citizens actually taking down bad guys.

SOURCE: www.foxnews.com...

No surprise here. Even at the lowest estimates armed citizens save far more lives than are taken through gun violence.

High end estimates (approx 2 million) make the gun banners look even more stupid than they already do.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Citizens can and do make a difference.

Non-lethally. So can, and do, the police.

This was as good an outcome as could be asked for.

Nah. The best outcome would have been one less scumbag roaming around preying on innocent people.

This douche will be out in no time victimizing people again.

I'd rather see him shot. No cost to the taxpayer feeding and housing him. No more future victims.

Put him in the ground like a rabid dog. All future problems solved with one pull of the trigger.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Yeah. Juries and stuff suck.

String 'em up!

edit on 11/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Contradicting yourself in back to back posts.
No.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Anyone notice that it was pepper spray that was used to subdue the killer?

It takes 30 seconds for pepper spray to take full effect and likely if he had not been held at gun point he would have stabbed the sprayer.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Yeah. Tazers seem to have helped.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Anyone notice that it was pepper spray that was used to subdue the killer?

Yes, I noticed the guy with a gun did a better job than many police officers and kept the perp alive. Willing, but not wanting, to use his weapon. Exactly what should be the mindset of an armed citizen.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Contradicting yourself in back to back posts.
No.

You can't warp reality by declaring something false, I'm afraid.

I said everyone who carries a gun does not have good judgement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join