It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats to be crushed on Tuesday

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm glad Democrats didn't win the Senate. That would have been a disaster. Senate is where the big decisions for our country are made. The White House and Supreme Court too. Dems will be frustrated by not getting anything done in the House for 2 years.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Lol, another rwnj prediction that never materialized. Go figure. a reply to: MRinder

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Wow you would make a terrible clairvoyant.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Leave him alone. My "predictions" AKA guesses were a dozen times less accurate.

Didn't we learn from 2016? Prognosticators never prosper, or something along those lines.

Besides, this was anything but a "blue wave.' The minority party nearly always captures all of congress in the midterm following a unified government (just one of many reasons this country is so broken and gridlocked, frankly). You actually lost seats in the Senate and State governments, and managed to capture a very slight House majority. But look at the win margins, many races were decided by

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: soundguy

Leave him alone. My "predictions" AKA guesses were a dozen times less accurate.

That's because you were equally drunk with right wing ideology.

My Predictions were near spot on down to the governors and I was relentlessly attacked by the RWNJ Mob around here as delusional.

Dems will gain somewhere between 25 and 40 house seats.

The Senate will stay the status quo or the GOP might gain +1 seat, which is still the status quo.
THAT with 26 Dem Senate Seats up for re-election and only 9 GOP Seats at risk.

Governors:
Currently: 16 Democrats | 33 Republicans | 1 Independent

36 Gubernatorial Races in 2018

Predicted outcome:
24 Democrat 26 GOP

The Dems will flip at least 8 Governors from GOP.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-11-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Expect nothing from Congress for 2+ years except for each side blaming the other. A congressional pay raise may be an exception.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Whatever lie you have to tell yourself I suppose. I wasn’t the one making the prognostications. a reply to: JBurns

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: MRinder

I too believe they are going to suffer a devastating loss that their party (in its current form) will never recover from.

Tell me more...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Been at work today, have the Democrats been crushed as predicted and thus that dam bloody wall we heard about for so long, is that now going to be built on the broken Democrat party?

@realdonaldtrump
"If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level. Two can play that game!"

Maybe the money is just going to be wasted instead, with tweets like these at least its a transparent government, promising to waste taxpayers money on fruitless investigations.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Been at work today, have the Democrats been crushed as predicted and thus that dam bloody wall we heard about for so long, is that now going to be built on the broken Democrat party?

@realdonaldtrump
"If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level. Two can play that game!"

Maybe the money is just going to be wasted instead, with tweets like these at least its a transparent government, promising to waste taxpayers money on fruitless investigations.

In his press conference today Trump literally said if the Congress investigates anything about him or his cabinet (AKA Congressional Oversight) that he will refuse to pass/sign any bills from the House no matter what they are.

Amazing that he doesn't even pretend to put country first. It's all about him.

Really it sounded like a scared person making threats. Don't investigate anything OR ELSE.
edit on 7-11-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I'm glad Democrats didn't win the Senate. That would have been a disaster.

Give it two years when the tables are reversed and a historic number of GOP Senate Seats will be up for re-election as opposed the very small number this year.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hey, did you notice my stock market prediction for today?

Yeah, I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with the election....LOL....

I was pretty happy to be right on the Senate prediction. Saddened to be wrong on the House one, but glad that it's actually a pretty slim majority, despite the press' depiction of it. Even still, it won't amount to much.

Amazingly, I'm reading the CNN editorials, and many of their personalities actually think this slim majority in the House is a "blue wave".... LOL. Wow, this disconnect from reality is just...well, disconcerting, to tell the truth.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Wow, this disconnect from reality is just...well, disconcerting, to tell the truth.

I'm confused, how is expecting a Big Red Wave not equal parts a 'disconnect from reality' given what actually occurred, and how come none of the folks in this thread who were convinced of the Big Red Wave have owned up to said 'disconnect from reality'?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Give it two years when the tables are reversed and a historic number of GOP Senate Seats will be up for re-election as opposed the very small number this year.

Unless Trump continues the success of the first two years, into new ones.

And, if the House concentrates on investigations over legislation, you can bet there will be a reckoning in 2020.

You also have to consider that the Dems will likely be stupid enough to run Pelosi or Warren as a frontrunner candidate, basically sealing their doom.

The 2020 Senate race table has yet to be set.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I'm confused, how is expecting a Big Red Wave not equal parts a 'disconnect from reality' given what actually occurred, and how come none of the folks in this thread who were convinced of the Big Red Wave have owned up to said 'disconnect from reality'?

I expected a Red Wave. I got a Red Tide. I said as much earlier today. I owned up to the reality. The expectation was BEFORE the election.

These pundits are saying a Blue Wave ACTUALLY OCCURRED and AFTER the election, when all they did was win majority in the House by a few seats (and LOST seats in the Senate, and LOST key Governor races).

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just goes to show that polls aren't right and we don't really know what's going to happen. Also shows that sometimes the people we're listening to, on radio, TV and printed articles don't really know. My favorite line from this thread is...

Looking forward to the flood of liberal tears.

Not because I like people to be upset but how wrong we sometimes are and how tied up to the results we get.

At the end of the day, it's just politics and the pendulum swings liberal and conservative. It always does and always has.

Here in Nevada, I'm getting a lot of "...Let's call ourselves "eastern california" or I hope you're happy with your votes, because we're about to become just like california with all of it's problems.

But ...I've lived her off and on for over 20 years and we've had democrats and republicans in office and we still haven't become like California. Just like Obama didn't ruin the country, just like Trump isn't ruining the country. There are things I get upset with but as long as I vote, sign petitions, work in my community, at my kids schools and do everything I can, then it's out of my hands.

Take a deep breath peeps. It's all good. This was NOT the most important election of your lifetimes. They say that ever election and have for the last several hundred years. It's just not true. We'll be okay.

Like to think I was right, inwardly, I thought democrats would take the house, here I predicted that the senate would remain the same. Pretty close. Had no thought on the governerships. I don't think it really matters if a governor is a democrat or a republican, if they suck vote them out. One measure didn't go the way I wanted here, but I wasn't 100% sure on the ramifications anyways, so I'm okay with it.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Hey, did you notice my stock market prediction for today?

Yeah, I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with the election....LOL....

I was pretty happy to be right on the Senate prediction. Saddened to be wrong on the House one, but glad that it's actually a pretty slim majority, despite the press' depiction of it. Even still, it won't amount to much.

Amazingly, I'm reading the CNN editorials, and many of their personalities actually think this slim majority in the House is a "blue wave".... LOL. Wow, this disconnect from reality is just...well, disconcerting, to tell the truth.

House win was historically below average for democrats.
If 26-39 republicans had not decided to retire over the past year...republicans would still hold the house.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
double
edit on 7-11-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

What legislation could Democratic House pass that a Republican Senate would also pass? What major, impactful legislation can you think of?

You don't honestly believe that Democrats took yesterdays victory as a need to move farther to the right/center? Anything Republicans want won't get passed in the House and anything Democrats want won't get passed in the Senate.

The next two years are going to be a lot like the two years leading up to 2016, endless House investigations. Instead of Hillary though, it'll be Trump and everyone around him being investigated. If you think that's a losing strategy then let me remind you that Hillary Clinton is not the president today.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

She also wasn't the sitting POTUS while being investigated, she also wasn't POTUS with record low unemployment, a robust economy, better trade deals, etc.

There seems to be this belief that all Congress votes according to party line. They don't. That's why the slim majority isn't nearly as meaningful here. Some Republicans won't vote with their party. Some Democrats won't either. It's the end tally of those numbers, on a given issue, that actually MATTERS here.

So yes, I do think that the Republicans and the Democrats have the ability to push bills up through the House with some bipartisan supporters. The difference, is that the Republicans have the ability to then pass them in the Senate.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join