It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats to be crushed on Tuesday

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Nope. Republicans had their chance and proved once again how utterly inept, ignornant, corrupt and useless they are in the last 2 yrs. Say goodbye and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. good riddance.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I suppose you have some kind of link for this (even if it is just somebody’s blog)?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: MRinder

Nope. Republicans had their chance and proved once again how utterly inept, ignornant, corrupt and useless they are in the last 2 yrs. Say goodbye and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. good riddance.

Hell-O

higher taxes😆

higher unemployment😆

job cuts like crazy😆

illegal immigrant waves😆

higher poverty😆

"vote for us and vote away your rights !"

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
"take MS13 to the polls today !!"

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose

originally posted by: mamabeth
I do hope the democrats get crushed by a red wave tuesday.I just
wonder how they will punish the country for their loss?

"blood in the streets," and a lack of civility

So in other words, what they have been doing for the last 2 years? The big question, if the Republicans keep the House and Senate, how many Star Bucks windows will ANTFIA smash?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I just googled "election results" Google has a nice tool letting you see the outcomes of the races that have been officially decided.

www.google.com... ..gws-wiz.LN_zsXOTjZ8

It's official the Republicans have won the senate. The tool presently shows they've won 50 seats (and Vice president Pence gets to cast the vote in the event of a tie.)

The dems have 38. A third party has 1. 11 are still undecided as of right now.

The House of Representatives is only about 2 thirds decided. The Republicans are ahead by 9, but the Dems have been catching up over the last hour.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The House has been called for the Democrats.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

...LOL looks like they managed to win the one part of government they can do the least with. We will see little in the way of new laws passed, thanks to the Senate rejecting anything born from Pelosi's diseased political womb, and Trump can easily veto anything that does slip through. Meanwhile, when Ginsberg kicks the bucket in the next 6 months to a year, followed by the coordinated retirement of Thomas, the House has zero say in the matter and the GOP Senate will easily confirm 2 more qualified and sensible SCOTUS justices. Hello Justice Coney-Barrett and Justice Kethledge.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Justice Cruz

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Only if he'd lost tonight.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
I'm sure this post will age well in 24 hours.

lol

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

...and, who, pray, hasn't been? Last two years? Try the last damned century plus.

How in the Hell, does anyone think that this is some recent phenomena? I mean, seriously.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: shooterbrody

Only if he'd lost tonight.

Abbot won
He would get to appoint Cruz successor

Win win

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
The House has been called for the Democrats.

I'm curious who has called it? I'm looking at the google tool and at present 80% of the existing seats have been declared, with 19% remaining (which comes to 86 seats left.) The Republicans are 9 seats ahead with 179 seats decided in their favor, and the dems have 170 seats.

Possible some media outlets are trying to reinforce the dems?

... on the other hand California probably accounts for a lot of those seats not yet declared, and that is pretty red state.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Eight minutes after your post and my Google results show 185 Democrats to 173 Republicans.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Doh! I had that backwards. Dems were leading by 10.

Yeah... they probably won.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Nanci Pelosi's speach was interesting. She said a lot of things that are usually GOP slogans.

I wonder if the dems are finally figuring it out. The people want certain things, and they will vote for whoever offers it to them.

www.cnbc.com...

to quote Darwin: "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change"

Perhaps the dems have a future yet.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: xuenchen

...LOL looks like they managed to win the one part of government they can do the least with. We will see little in the way of new laws passed, thanks to the Senate rejecting anything born from Pelosi's diseased political womb, and Trump can easily veto anything that does slip through. Meanwhile, when Ginsberg kicks the bucket in the next 6 months to a year, followed by the coordinated retirement of Thomas, the House has zero say in the matter and the GOP Senate will easily confirm 2 more qualified and sensible SCOTUS justices. Hello Justice Coney-Barrett and Justice Kethledge.

Whatever helps you rationalise the huge loss buddy.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I suppose you have some kind of link for this (even if it is just somebody’s blog)?

Of Hillary saying they all look alike? Have you been living under a rock? Seriously? You don't know about this?

Better than that, here's the video....

edit on 7-11-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Whatever helps you rationalise the huge loss buddy.

Huge loss? From what vantage point?

The GOP increased their hold in the Senate, including ousting a Dem Senator who has been in office since the 70's.

The GOP won several highly contested (and close) governor races in key states.

The GOP has succeeded in ensuring a conservative SCOTUS for the foreseeable future (and now has an easier time confirming the next Justice, which is likely within the remainder of the term).

All the DEMs have done is win a marginal victory in the House (a slim majority of 4 seats at last count), with many of the victors being neophyte Congressmen and women, with nearly zero influence in the existing power structure.

Granted, it wasn't the "crushing" stated in the OP, or our expected "Red Wave" (more of a "Red Tide")....but the "Blue Wave" ended up more as a "Blue Ripple"..... Hardly a "huge loss".....
edit on 7-11-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join