It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Gun Confiscation: Stacy Abrams CNN Interview

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I assume CNN must think that "gun confiscation bills" are going to get them more votes. In this interview, CNN's Jake Tapper has her open up about how AR15's need to go and that semi-automatics need to be tightly regulated.

Here is comes.... and remember, they are not coming for your guns!

Video at CNN.com link below.

www.cnn.com...

CNN's Jake Tapper questions Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacy Abrams about a gun confiscation bill she supported in 2016.

"Just to be clear, you were one of six co-sponsors of this bill," Tapper said, which would have required owners of particular models of guns to "turn these guns in."

"The legislation introduced was the beginning of a conversation," Abrams replied, saying "there are a number of approaches" to approaching the issue of gun confiscation, including "buybacks," and "getting dangerous weapons off the streets."

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
CNN is on the ballot?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
CNN is on the ballot?

freebeacon.com...

"When you were a state lawmaker in 2016, you co-sponsored a bill that would have allowed Georgia state authorities to take away so-called assault weapons from current gun owners. Most similar bans would grandfather in existing weapons of that sort. Semi-automatic rifles that are called assault weapons. So is that your current position, that law-abiding gun owners in Georgia should have to give up those weapons, if authorities deem it necessary?" Tapper asked.

"In the state of Georgia, you introduce legislation to start conversations," Abrams said. "I am happy to work with the legislature to figure out how we make an assault weapons ban work. But what I fundamentally believe is that we have to have common sense gun safety legislation."

"Your cosponsor told reporters that the law, quote, would require gun owners of these particular models to turn their guns in," Tapper said.

"And again, my point is this. The legislation introduced was the beginning of a conversation. I am absolutely certain that were we to pass this in Georgia, we would have a conversation about grandfathering in, about whether or not people would turn their guns in, whether there would be buybacks," Abrams said. "There are a number of approaches to take to accomplish this goal, but the fundamental responsibility is common sense gun safety legislation in Georgia."

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The citizens of Georgia are too intelligent to elect Stacey Abrams as their governor.

Everyone knows that criminals will still obtain whatever gun they want, in order to commit crimes against innocent people.
edit on 11/4/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The citizens of Georgia are too intelligent to elect Stacey Abrams as their governor.

She also wants to blow-up Stone Mountain, WTF!

edit on 4-11-2018 by LookingAtMars because: add WTF

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It would be quite interesting to those of us in the other 49 States to see what happens when law abiding Georgia residents are directed to turn their legally purchased guns in so that only the criminals have firearms. See Germany, circa 1935 or so for why they want our guns.

As an aside, has anyone noticed that “buy back” gun programs pay about .0001 on the dollar? At least for those of us who purchase quality weaponry that will actually protect us when needed.
edit on 4/11/2018 by Lab4Us because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The citizens of Georgia are too intelligent, yes... not sure about the citizens of Atlanta...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Pretty standard for the democrats.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Turning in guns is not confiscation in Ms Abrams universe.
If I hear "common sense" one more time I think I will puke.
Sure she knows how to hunt and shoot.
She plainly has the outdoors persons physique.
We're not coming to take your guns!
We're going to give you 90 whole days to do it yourself.
Regulation of semi-automatic weapons will only account for around 75% of all firearms.
It won't affect anyone but a few die hard 2A supporters who probably shouldn't have them anyway.
They vote dangerously so I'm sure they're just as irresponsible with guns.
edit on 4-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
It would be quite interesting to those of us in the other 49 States to see what happens when law abiding Georgia residents are directed to turn their legally purchased guns in so that only the criminals have firearms. See Germany, circa 1935 or so for why they want our guns.

As an aside, has anyone noticed that “buy back” gun programs pay about .0001 on the dollar? At least for those of us who purchase quality weaponry that will actually protect us when needed.
im a Georgia Boy myself, and i , for one, will never hand over my firearms. i have family in local law enforcement and they themselves t9ld me they will never enforce such law or abide them themselves. so fear not for Georgia, y'all🇺🇸

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
They think they're going to confiscate guns in Georgia?

Heck, I live in PA and I know for a fact our guns are safe here. But in Georgia?

That'd be the single greatest mistake - possibly ever - made by a State government. Whatever they want though, some sicko politicians may enjoy destabilizing an entire region of the country. Who knows

Just my 2c / personal thoughts on the subject

I heard Georgia was expecting a really bad storm season. Expect a lot of entire gun collections to be lost at sea

edit on 11/4/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MantheDevilsApe

The vast majority of local law enforcement/military are very pro-Constitution and Conservative/Libertarian

I think anti-gun forces (and it would require forces, without a doubt) would find themselves greatly outmatched by the number of pro-Constitution pro-Law and order pro-American 2A patriots who wouldn't permit any confiscation whatsoever under any circumstances.

The Constitution simply doesn't permit confiscation of firearms. "Shall not be infringed" means exactly what it says - anything else is an excuse/rationalization by "safety nanny state hand holding" cowards

edit on 11/4/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
90 days would give considerable lead time to concentrate and fortify positions ahead of an anticipated attack. Like oh a militia removing an unamerican style government from a Governor’s Mansion or something like that. Of course repelling such an invading force would only be successful if you correctly estimated the potential size of that incoming force that wishes to throw you out on your ear.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If actual gun confiscation ever occurred in GA (highly unlikely), the citizens would have plenty of backup from their neighbors in AL, FL, and TN...

It would get ugly quickly.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

They are really pushing an agenda.

To sum it all up, semi auto does not equal assault weapons. Assault weapons do not equal weapons of war. No matter how they attempt to construct the argument, it does not change those facts.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
If actual gun confiscation ever occurred in GA (highly unlikely), the citizens would have plenty of backup from their neighbors in AL, FL, and TN...

It would get ugly quickly.

I give you my assurance we would not need our neighbors...
We have one city and one county where owning firearms is mandatory and law. (not enforced , but still a law on the books)

edit on 11/4/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I know, but we'd at least bring the beer and brats for the after party. We may even bring some Louisiana Citizens along for some gumbo.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
a reply to: Gothmog

I know, but we'd at least bring the beer and brats for the after party. We may even bring some Louisiana Citizens along for some gumbo.

Dang skippy
And double down on the gumbo
Plus , some good old Jazz bands from Bourbon St.
I love me some Jazz and gumbo.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Any law that includes gun banning, gun confiscation would be sent directly to the Supreme Court.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

As someone that lived in Cali for 38ish years before moving.
California has done everything they could think of to confiscate guns.
When that has failed, they go after other things.
like...

Limiting mags on semi automatics to only a few rounds.
Having to use a tool to remove the clip (so it takes far longer)
Having laser etched firing pins. (to follow criminals, only the law enforcement doesn't have to have them) - Think this one failed due to technical limitations

The most recent is... no grip based semiautomatic long guns.
Background checks when you want to buy ammunition.
Trying to get biometric locks put on guns. You already have to have locks on them.
You can't carry ammunition and a gun in the same compartment of a vehicle.
No open carry on long guns...etc

Of course forgetting that there is really no such thing as an assault rife. Only semi and automatic fire.

Thus when Georgia fails at banning. They will start with all the crap Ca is and has been doing for decades.

top topics

join