It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do I Discuss Politics With Zombies?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Why do we hate Hitler or Stalin, we have never met them and the victor writes the history right?

Today, the word "hate" is very missused.

I despise Hitler, he had an evil mind but I hate Hitler as much as I love Ghandi or any other positive figure. Do you get upriled when you think about Hitler? Him in person? Does it rise your bloodpressure and raises violent thoughts (hate) in you?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I see your point, but there is a difference between history and current events. History has a way of being verified where current events are often more visceral. And now with fact checking sites being proven untrustworthy and biased it is even harder to know what is real.

Add to that the technology that lets people create very realistic sound bites, pictures, and even videos, its hard to know what is real and what isn't. Its funny that when people see something that fits their agenda they are easily convinced of its truth but when its something that goes against their agenda it always comes across as fake news or straight out lies. I think the real issue is that people are losing the ability to reason.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I like to use discussion to ferret out my own thoughts on a matter.

Its become difficult beyond belief to do this as everyone just follows the narrative of their personal choice of media. And I often feel that my input is like casting pearls before swine. Its just not a very fulfilling endeavor.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
We just gonna act like MAGA zombies aren't just as bad, and plentiful?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I simply questioned how can you hate/love someone you have never met be it Trump, Obama, or the Queen of England?

I agree political distinction has little to do a myopic world view.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Why do we hate Hitler or Stalin...

Why do we adore MLK or Ghandi, or Columbus...

When you use "we" I am assuming it is in general? In your examples, strictly speaking for myself, I do not hate those people or adore the others. I could not fairly use those words to describe my thoughts on those individuals. It would not be just.

That was sort of my point. Hate/love/adore are strong words describing strong emotions. They have a lane. Historical figures or modern American politicians are not in that lane. At least in my POV.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Wow...right to Hitler.

***sighs*** Next post I will put my Hitler bait at the beginning. It will save time.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Honestly I think many comment on politics simply as an excuse to purge negative emotions. There seems to be no shortage of negativity or comments of like kind.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Good stuff.

It is painfully difficult to discuss/debate anything here.

If I were conspiratorial, I would say that is by design.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Not a bad point. It has merit.

Maybe life needs a Rant forum, distinct from regular conversation

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Whenever I find myself discussing politics, I get in their faces and scream, then I throw some punches and start kicking people who are video'ing me with their cell phones. Then I put my fingers in my ears and start chanting, "Death to America".

And I do that "lalalalalalalalalalala" thing.

Then I strip naked because for votes.

Then I call everyone who disagrees with me a Nazi-racist.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Is that really him?

Who knows, but that is what he wants us to think that he is. If we get it wrong it's nobody's fault but his own for misrepresenting himself.

Love this

That is who he wants us to think he is. So, no matter who he might be - he's willing to put it aside because his persona is a tool. (Read that however you like
)

I often wonder when I'm reading along here at ATS how many people actually believe what they're saying. It doesn't matter if they think they're just trolling and it's harmless. This is what we're left with - their words and the effect they have on people

In the end it doesn't matter - this is who they really are if they achieve whatever it is they wanted to achieve

edit on 11/4/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I like to use discussion to ferret out my own thoughts on a matter.

Its become difficult beyond belief to do this as everyone just follows the narrative of their personal choice of media. And I often feel that my input is like casting pearls before swine. Its just not a very fulfilling endeavor.

Well if you ever have some thoughts you need "ferret-ed" I'm here. Nonpartisan and cognizant of my own irrelevance. I don't meme and don't follow the script...hence my irrelevance lol. But I'm here for ya!

A2D

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I will try that next time.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

How Do I Discuss Politics With Zombies?

You don't.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

You might want to lose the "zombies" part of that... Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
a reply to: Fallingdown

Well... one stated she votes character, not policies.

Not sure where to go from there.

You could have told her character isn’t enough. Character won’t survive the machine. That’s why Obama seemed like Bush part III. Not that he had any character either but that wasn’t exactly her point.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Not a bad point. It has merit.

Maybe life needs a Rant forum, distinct from regular conversation

Yeah, something like a "mudpit".
I wish someone would create a forum like that!

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Dont know but i bet it involves a lot of grunts and growls. Grrrrrr vote ggghrrjjeeeeeee brains ghhhssss have none.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Do you get upriled when you think about Hitler?

You could think of him as a vaguely talented artist, vegetarian and non-smoking animal lover who adored watching Chaplin and the Marx Brothers in his mountain retreat, and even liked a bit of George Formby on the side.

Shame about the stupid 'tache, incest, narcissism, small-man-syndrome, paranoia, mass murder, dreams of world domination, and starting a World War.

That always tends to upset the apple cart of history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join