It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Claims Violence is caused by the press, can you back him up?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It is not our burden to do your research for you. We do not owe you anything. Go look yourself. You're already starting to show that you're triggered. You're just not a very good liar, friend. You might want to quit while you think you're ahead. I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just letting you know that you cannot possibly win this. You're really obvious and you're playing right out of the one play social justice playbook; it is totally obvious.
edit on 4-11-2018 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The OP is being intellectually dishonest.

Fake news.

en.wikipedia.org...

Fake news is a type of yellow journalism or propaganda that consists of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional print and broadcast news media or online social media.[1][2] The term is also at times used to cast doubt upon legitimate news from an opposing political standpoint, a tactic known as the lying press.[3][4] The false information is then often reverberated as misinformation in social media, but occasionally finds its way to the mainstream media as well.[5] Fake news is written and published with the intent to mislead in order to damage an agency, entity, or person, and/or gain financially or politically,[6][7][8] often using sensationalist, dishonest, or outright fabricated headlines to increase readership, online sharing, and Internet click revenue. In the latter case, it is similar to sensational online "clickbait" headlines and relies on advertising revenue generated from this activity, regardless of the veracity of the published stories.[6] Intentionally misleading and deceptive fake news differs from obvious satire or parody, which is intended to amuse rather than mislead its audience.

Just "Googling" "fake news brings up a myriad of examples from a multitude of sources.

Fake news has existed since Gutenberg invented the press, "yellow journalism" is what it used to be called.

Now if the OP is too lazy or too slow to use Google and is relying on the members of ATS to provide examples, that is one thing.

But to deny it's existence is indicative of a far more reaching mental condition.

Seek help, would be my advice.

I do not deny it's existence. What I deny is that the main stream media is in any way FAKE NEWS. However, that is exactly what Trump indicated when the reporter asked "Me?" and Trump responded

You are creating -- you. And also, a lot of the reporters are creating violence by not writing the truth. The fake news is creating violence.
And you know what? The people that support Trump and the people that support us, which is a lot of people -- most people, many people -- those people know when a story is true, and they know when a story is false. And I'll tell you what, if the media would write correctly, and write accurately, and write fairly, you would have a lot less violence in the country.

So Trump is accusing the legitimate press of being 'FAKE NEWS', unless somehow some extreme reporter gained press credentials to be that close to the President.

Triggered much?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: notsure1

Why is Fox any different? Because Trump says so?

There's plenty of news sources out there that don't spew lies, but all news agencies report fallacies, it's just part of what news is, and majority of them are from opinion pieces of are taken severely out of context.

Its different because it did not run "Trump insults female reporter"

State sponsored. Every country has one.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

You are isolating one instance for the whole news world?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
no, violence isn’t caused by the press. But their base has routinely marched, protested and rioted for the past three years.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Fake news.

en.wikipedia.org...

Fake news is a type of yellow journalism or propaganda that consists of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional print and broadcast news media or online social media.[1][2] The term is also at times used to cast doubt upon legitimate news from an opposing political standpoint, a tactic known as the lying press.[3][4] The false information is then often reverberated as misinformation in social media, but occasionally finds its way to the mainstream media as well.[5] Fake news is written and published with the intent to mislead in order to damage an agency, entity, or person, and/or gain financially or politically,[6][7][8] often using sensationalist, dishonest, or outright fabricated headlines to increase readership, online sharing, and Internet click revenue. In the latter case, it is similar to sensational online "clickbait" headlines and relies on advertising revenue generated from this activity, regardless of the veracity of the published stories.[6] Intentionally misleading and deceptive fake news differs from obvious satire or parody, which is intended to amuse rather than mislead its audience.

Just "Googling" "fake news brings up a myriad of examples from a multitude of sources.

Fake news has existed since Gutenberg invented the press, "yellow journalism" is what it used to be called.

Now if the OP is too lazy or too slow to use Google and is relying on the members of ATS to provide examples, that is one thing.

But to deny it's existence is indicative of a far more reaching mental condition.

I do not deny it's existence. What I deny is that the main stream media is in any way FAKE NEWS. However, that is exactly what Trump indicated when the reporter asked "Me?" and Trump responded

You are creating -- you. And also, a lot of the reporters are creating violence by not writing the truth. The fake news is creating violence.
And you know what? The people that support Trump and the people that support us, which is a lot of people -- most people, many people -- those people know when a story is true, and they know when a story is false. And I'll tell you what, if the media would write correctly, and write accurately, and write fairly, you would have a lot less violence in the country.

So Trump is accusing the legitimate press of being 'FAKE NEWS', unless somehow some extreme reporter gained press credentials to be that close to the President.

I feel so embarrassed for you. How can anyone be this slow.

notsure calling me slow, wow is my face red.

If I am slow why don't you spell it out for me, how am I wrong?

This is your MO muddle boy, you never post anything too extensive. You keep it to short one-liners because that's apparently all you can process at one time. Now, prove me wrong. Logically explain your position.

From false accusations to straw man argument and now ad hominem attacks. You're following the sjw playbook to the letter.

We see right through you.

We're just waiting for you to start calling us Nazis.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Yet another reason the leftists can't meme. You can't take memes about your party that are hilariously based in truth and then try to use them back. They fall flat and the unoriginality is immediate fail.

It's the PeeWee Herman defense, "I know you are but what am I?" Just don't get behind me in a move theatre, freak, and we'll be okay though.

edit on 4-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So a member here is verbally attacked, responds in kind, you copy/paste the replies out of context to make your point.

So essentially you are a perfect example of what this thread is talking about.

Fake News... LOL.

As an aside, does anyone know if there is a "stalker alert" button on ATS?

Because that is some creepy behavior right there.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

T-man is spot on in this one again

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Yet another reason the leftists can't meme. You can't take memes about your party that are hilariously based in truth and then try to use them back. They fall flat and the unoriginality is immediate fail.

It's the PeeWee Herman defense, "I know you are but what am I?" Just don't get behind me in a move theatre, freak, and we'll be okay though.

This is because sjws always project. They also always lie and they also always Double Down.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Damn Ante. You were just waiting for the opportunity to finally press ctrl+v, weren't you?

You get an A for effort and a shiny ribbon!

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It's so obviously an ego thing for him.

Not worth much attention.

Real shame. I used to think differently about that one.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Remember in 2017 the fake news media mischaracterized a free speech rally as a white supremacist rally in Boston, and as a result, thousands of people descended upon the Commons to protest them, all while throwing urine and spitting on the people and police. Turns out it actually was a free speech rally.
edit on 4-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So a member here is verbally attacked, responds in kind, you copy/paste the replies out of context to make your point.

So essentially you are a perfect example of what this thread is talking about.

Fake News... LOL.

As an aside, does anyone know if there is a "stalker alert" button on ATS?

Because that is some creepy behavior right there.

Especially when it's in support of an OP who collects a paycheck for this garbage. True colors being shown.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

While it's true it does have the feel of a flaccid Media Matters effort, you'd think they'd hire someone brighter. Then again, if you have no platform to debate it doesn't matter who writes it, it's still going to stink.

edit on 4-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

It's so obviously an ego thing for him.

Not worth much attention.

Real shame. I used to think differently about that one.

The last time I talked to him on a thread, I asked him a question about his OP. His reply made me decide to take some time off of here, it was removed as ill-mannered, ATS members were telling him he should apologize to me and then the thread was closed down for staff review.

So I personally think that he has no real right to bitch about what people that don't share his ideology say.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I do believe Ante has identified here in the past as a she. Not that it matters but reading her words in that sense is very interesting in a chilling "Fatal Attraction" kind of way. I have free-range bunnies that I'm fond of.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I remember that thread. I'm sorry that happened to you.

You can't let it get under your skin though. Some people just consistently get off on putting other people down any chance they get. I think that probably has more to do with how they feel about themselves than anything else.

In the end, you can only govern your own behavior- as it should be. No one is perfect. We've all had our moments. But I also think it's important to always leave open for the possibility of common ground.

I've lived in some places where being an American was not a good thing. In fact, down right hostile. But because I always made the effort to show genuine interest in the language, the food, the culture, I always came away with mostly positive experiences.

In the end, we are all more alike than different.

I might be foolishly optimistic about most people, but I'd have it no other way.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Fake news.

en.wikipedia.org...

But Trump doesnt use "Fake News" in its original definition, to him it means negative news which isnt the same as yellow journalism.

Trump Tweet

The Fake News is working overtime. Just reported that, despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else, 91% of the Network News about me is negative (Fake). Why do we work so hard in working with the media when it is corrupt? Take away credentials?

-Donald J. Trump
edit on 4-11-2018 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Violence is caused by the fake news media - prove to me it isn't.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join