It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Claims Violence is caused by the press, can you back him up?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The OP is being intellectually dishonest.

Fake news.

en.wikipedia.org...

Fake news is a type of yellow journalism or propaganda that consists of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional print and broadcast news media or online social media.[1][2] The term is also at times used to cast doubt upon legitimate news from an opposing political standpoint, a tactic known as the lying press.[3][4] The false information is then often reverberated as misinformation in social media, but occasionally finds its way to the mainstream media as well.[5] Fake news is written and published with the intent to mislead in order to damage an agency, entity, or person, and/or gain financially or politically,[6][7][8] often using sensationalist, dishonest, or outright fabricated headlines to increase readership, online sharing, and Internet click revenue. In the latter case, it is similar to sensational online "clickbait" headlines and relies on advertising revenue generated from this activity, regardless of the veracity of the published stories.[6] Intentionally misleading and deceptive fake news differs from obvious satire or parody, which is intended to amuse rather than mislead its audience.

Just "Googling" "fake news brings up a myriad of examples from a multitude of sources.

Fake news has existed since Gutenberg invented the press, "yellow journalism" is what it used to be called.

Now if the OP is too lazy or too slow to use Google and is relying on the members of ATS to provide examples, that is one thing.

But to deny it's existence is indicative of a far more reaching mental condition.

Seek help, would be my advice.

I do not deny it's existence. What I deny is that the main stream media is in any way FAKE NEWS. However, that is exactly what Trump indicated when the reporter asked "Me?" and Trump responded

You are creating -- you. And also, a lot of the reporters are creating violence by not writing the truth. The fake news is creating violence.
And you know what? The people that support Trump and the people that support us, which is a lot of people -- most people, many people -- those people know when a story is true, and they know when a story is false. And I'll tell you what, if the media would write correctly, and write accurately, and write fairly, you would have a lot less violence in the country.

So Trump is accusing the legitimate press of being 'FAKE NEWS', unless somehow some extreme reporter gained press credentials to be that close to the President.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I will give you an analogy

50 people are all trapped in a room. They through an electoral vote for a guy to lead them. Although about half of them a little less felt it was unfair. Several of those people started to use every bit of negative energy to make their group hate him more. Every piece of information, decision, the statement is twisted by the few who want to solidify their base is twisted in a way it hurts them so they grow angry at the leader.

It's not rocket science those with low mental energy are being manipulated by a group that wants to maintain their corrupt government to enrich themselves. That group seeks out people who have mental issues on both sides.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
On a slightly different tack, half-truths from the news media are just as bad as false news reports. The most recent has to do with the sending of the military to the border. The MSM has consistently used the term "armed troops" and implied that they will be on the ground intercepting the illegal immigrants attempting to cross the border. That would be a clear violation of the Posse Comitatis Act, and they know that.

But that is a half truth, since they fail to report the duties of these "armed troops" are limited to logistical and aerial support (using FLIR for detection, locating, and relaying these locations to CBP for intercept), setup of temporary holding facilities for detainment, creating barriers to entry (concertina wire, cement barriers, etc...) and other Corp of Engineer works.

I have repeatedly had to correct and fill in the ignorant masses on these facts. Those that didn't hear it from the MSM, but were instead led astray that the POTUS was sending armed troops to the border to shoot them on site.

That, my friend, is an example of the media fomenting dissent and raising the rhetoric to dangerous levels for no other reason than biased political dogma.

edit on 11/4/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: notsure1

www.snopes.com...

Lol Snopes. Are you trying to prove fake news or real news?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

The OP is being intellectually dishonest.

Fake news.

en.wikipedia.org...

Fake news is a type of yellow journalism or propaganda that consists of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional print and broadcast news media or online social media.[1][2] The term is also at times used to cast doubt upon legitimate news from an opposing political standpoint, a tactic known as the lying press.[3][4] The false information is then often reverberated as misinformation in social media, but occasionally finds its way to the mainstream media as well.[5] Fake news is written and published with the intent to mislead in order to damage an agency, entity, or person, and/or gain financially or politically,[6][7][8] often using sensationalist, dishonest, or outright fabricated headlines to increase readership, online sharing, and Internet click revenue. In the latter case, it is similar to sensational online "clickbait" headlines and relies on advertising revenue generated from this activity, regardless of the veracity of the published stories.[6] Intentionally misleading and deceptive fake news differs from obvious satire or parody, which is intended to amuse rather than mislead its audience.

Just "Googling" "fake news brings up a myriad of examples from a multitude of sources.

Fake news has existed since Gutenberg invented the press, "yellow journalism" is what it used to be called.

Now if the OP is too lazy or too slow to use Google and is relying on the members of ATS to provide examples, that is one thing.

But to deny it's existence is indicative of a far more reaching mental condition.

Seek help, would be my advice.

I do not deny it's existence. What I deny is that the main stream media is in any way FAKE NEWS. However, that is exactly what Trump indicated when the reporter asked "Me?" and Trump responded

You are creating -- you. And also, a lot of the reporters are creating violence by not writing the truth. The fake news is creating violence.
And you know what? The people that support Trump and the people that support us, which is a lot of people -- most people, many people -- those people know when a story is true, and they know when a story is false. And I'll tell you what, if the media would write correctly, and write accurately, and write fairly, you would have a lot less violence in the country.

So Trump is accusing the legitimate press of being 'FAKE NEWS', unless somehow some extreme reporter gained press credentials to be that close to the President.

I feel so embarrassed for you. How can anyone be this slow.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

So you have created a strawman where you are demanding proof that all media is fake news.

Yeah.

Get some help, brah.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

How can anyone be this slow.

Excessive alcohol consupmtion is my excuse.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's called propaganda.
Fake news is literally just journalists reporting well, fake news. What Trump is doing is using propaganda with the guise of fake news to dumb it down for his voter base, he's using his political power to promote one, or two news sources to mislead certain groups of people against another political group.
In a way, yes he's kind of telling the truth, some of the news from the MSM is fake, but it's mostly kept to opinion pieces. Otherwise it's pretty accurate.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

It has a video attached with trump speaking words, from his rallies calling for violence. What more do you want? Trump himself to sit down in front of you and recite it for you?

I'm not here to hold your hand and spoon feed you information. Instead of out right denying a news source, maybe do a little investigation of your own and you can find facts yourself. I presented to you hard evidence of what you were denying. Take it as it is.
edit on 4-11-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It's called propaganda.
Fake news is literally just journalists reporting well, fake news. What Trump is doing is using propaganda with the guise of fake news to dumb it down for his voter base, he's using his political power to promote one, or two news sources to mislead certain groups of people against another political group.
In a way, yes he's kind of telling the truth, some of the news from the MSM is fake, but it's mostly kept to opinion pieces. Otherwise it's pretty accurate.

Propaganda, yellow journalism, fake news. . . are all the same thing.

For the OP to deny it's existence is. . . well, it's retarded.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It's called propaganda.

Oh horse shi..

When he told that ABC reporter she never thinks every single pundit ran with Trump insults female reporter.

That is as fake as it gets trying to stir up hate and division.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

It has a video attached with trump speaking words, from his rallies calling for violence. What more do you want? Trump himself to sit down in front of you and recite it for you?

I'm not here to hold your hand and spoon feed you information. Instead of out right denying a news source, maybe do a little investigation of your own and you can find facts yourself. I presented to you hard evidence of what you were denying. Take it as it is.

I got something you can hold.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: Boadicea

Then by all means, provide some examples of this Fake News.

Hmmmm... Which word did you not understand?

...the fake news reports that Trump is blaming all media, when Trump is only blaming fake news. 

LET ME SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU!!!!

P R O V I D E E X A M P L E S O F F A K E N E W S

Russian cillusion.

HEY!!! It's good to see you again. I swear your user name fits you so well. You are always so muddled, it fits you so well.

So, you created what 4 responses and 3 of them were Facebook meme trash and this one is Russia Collusion. Neither one of us know for sure if Trump colluded with Russia. However, there are tons of incidents that tend to point that direction. For example, what about the changing story about the Russia tower meeting. You know, the one that didn't happen, but then it did happen but it was about adoptions. Then, yeah it wasn't about adoptions it was about getting dirt on Hillary, but that's ok.

LINK

Oh and what about the email that stated:

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump

LINK

Yeah, no one should ever think that maybe Trump was working with the Russians, should they?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It's called propaganda.

Oh horse shi..

When he told that ABC reporter she never thinks every single pundit ran with Trump insults female reporter.

That is as fake as it gets trying to stir up hate and division.

Good example of a half-truth as I mentioned above. What the MSM failed to do was to report the full story that when the questions of trade deals were over the POTUS returned to HER FIRST to allow her to ask her question.

Half-truth, used to foment dissent against the POTUS.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

So you have created a strawman where you are demanding proof that all media is fake news.

Yeah.

Get some help, brah.

The reporter directly asked if he was referring to her, he said yes. She is part of the main stream media. What else do you want?

Also, if he is fighting such a virtuous fight against fake news then why is he telling so many lies himself?

In the month of October, Trump said 1,104 things that were totally or partially untrue -- more than double his next most prodigious month (September), according to the tireless cataloging by The Washington Post's Fact Checker blog.

LINK

Get your head out of the sand.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Heres a link showing ***632*** Acts of Media-Approved Violence and Harassment Against Trump & his Supporters.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Nice example. There are many more

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
"The media claims Violence is caused by Trump, can you back them up?"

.... I have a better idea; why dont we stop this downward spiral of finger pointing that causes more and more partisan animosity that in turn causes violence on the party of the less stable members of our tribes.

Who's causing the violence of late? We all are and it's time we grow up. We sound like my young children trying to argue about who hit who first ... they dont seem to realize that they both get in trouble for hitting and they get doubly punished for arguing about who hit who first.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

No they shouldn't

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join