It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Claims Violence is caused by the press, can you back him up?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

"Funny thing is, my politics are conservative, not left."

Nobody in ATS believes that.

It's ok, I don't need you to believe me.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: BlackJackal

Trump Claims Violence is caused by the press, can you back him up?

I can back up Trump to the extent that Trump has consistently blamed the fake news media specifically, not the entire fourth estate itself...

So if the President is telling the truth here, surely the Trumpets of ATS can dig up tons of these fake news stories...

I just pointed out one; I.e., the fake news reports that Trump is blaming all media, when Trump is only blaming fake news.

Easy peasy. And I'm not even a Trump supporter!

Then by all means, provide some examples of this Fake News.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
I see your view and it's a muddy stream we're wading across
If this world is a fallen world like I wish to put forth, we need more vision.

That means Trump is right bc he is complaining about false news, so he is fighting lies. Small ones or big ones....he is crying out publically to discern such as you see it being broadcast. He cannot get a foothold in an avalanche of media distorted rap.

The paradigm keeps changing so with that one has to instantly see the spin....and pick the side broadcasting the discrepancy.......the other side is under the spell of the liar and accuser......that started the fallen murder and lying. No truth was found in him ....and we're gonna snuff the punk. Now that you know the outcome of the liar snickering crouched behind the media .....you know to pick his lies apart...testing them and seeing the big picture.

Hmmmm...... So let me get this straight. You are saying that Trump is fighting false news, he is fighting lies?

Then why does he constantly lie?

Just two days ago, he lied 83 times in one day...... Trump himself is the biggest contributor to Fake News in the country.

Trump is averaging -- AVERAGING -- 30 false or misleading claims a day in the last seven weeks. And, per the Fact Checker, he often of late soars far above that average. As one example: On October 22, when he traveled to Houston to hold a rally for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R), Trump, said 83 untrue things in a single day. 83!

Yep, he is fighting lies all right. My God you are deluded.

LINK

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

People will listen, and read what they want to hear.
It's the same as people will find what they want when they google something. You want to find quote from Trump on google, you'll find them, but you'll also fish through the ones you want to see and the ones you don't want to see.

Trumps war on the media is classic political mumbo jumbo, and people are gobbling it up. Remember, he literally WORKED with the networks that own the media, they paid his salary one upon a time. He knows the game.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Hmmmm... Which word did you not understand?

...the fake news reports that Trump is blaming all media, when Trump is only blaming fake news. 

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Another reeeee fest.

I hope everyone who'll be hitting it hard the next few days will find some time after the election to reflect and pull themselves back to reality.
edit on 4-11-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Not that you will listen but anyone who doesn't clearly see the "Crusade" the MSM is on is completely blind or lying to themselves (or everyone else).

www.orlandosentinel.com...

Liberal media unrelenting in their bias against President Trump

The liberal media perpetuate political bias so forcefully and unrelentingly, it’s gone from subtle background noise to the entirety of their narrative. Is it any wonder Americans have record-high distrust for the mainstream media?

As conservatives have argued for decades, the overwhelming majority of journalists are liberal. Less than 10 percent of journalists are registered Republicans. Of course, there’s nothing inherently wrong with editorializing liberal or conservative viewpoints — open debate is a social good — unless you portray yourself as an objective reporter of the news and not on the opinion pages.

Politically vocal journalists have increasingly become overtly biased faux-journalists shredding their own credibility. This was best articulated in last December’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight” segment featuring Liz Spayd, the New York Times’ public editor, who acknowledged many of her colleagues “go over the line” covering Trump.

Editorial bias is even more overt. A recent glance at the New York Times’ opinion page found an editorial smearing Trump as “foolish” and an op-ed column calling him “hateful.” Another accused the president of “betray(ing) historic U.S. values.”

At the same time, the liberal media not-so-subtly frames stories to reinforce their “#HateTrump” narrative.

Our largest newspapers and most-watched cable networks cannot credibly extol their essential function while simultaneously abandoning it for rabid anti-Trumpism — and then complain when Americans stop trusting the media.

Mainstream media errors in the Trump era: Your catalogue of the media's bias-fueled failure-fest in 2017

But, here you go: Here is about 100 (From 2017)

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Beltway media needs to take a deep breath. Fake Trump stories hurt you.

www.usatoday.com... 9001/

So your argument is that political spin is responsible for the political violence in the country? Political spin which has been commonplace in this country since at least as far back as the 1950's is the cause of the violence we see now?

So something that has existed for 70 years is now causing unbridled violence. Really? Also, just as Trump likes to tout, Fox News has far more viewers than the liberal media so does that mean the problem is Fox?

Also, I would really like for you to give me an example of these Fake Trump Stories.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

...the fake news reports that Trump is blaming all media, when Trump is only blaming fake news. 

LET ME SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU!!!!

P R O V I D E E X A M P L E S O F F A K E N E W S

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I can tell you that watching any news channel wants to make punch them in the face. So, yeah, I guess he's right.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hey look another idiotic thread .

You guys call his base a cult and say his followers will do anything to defend him . And he has a YUGE following.

If Trump were calling for violence from his base like the left has been doing we would allready be in a civil war.

The left is lucky hell we are all lucky that Trump is so level headed.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

How about Trump insults Female reporter?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Russian cillusion.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Rescuing 3 black kids from chinese prison is all about his ego

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Christine Blassey Ford
edit on 4-11-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The OP is being intellectually dishonest.

Fake news.

en.wikipedia.org...

Fake news is a type of yellow journalism or propaganda that consists of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional print and broadcast news media or online social media.[1][2] The term is also at times used to cast doubt upon legitimate news from an opposing political standpoint, a tactic known as the lying press.[3][4] The false information is then often reverberated as misinformation in social media, but occasionally finds its way to the mainstream media as well.[5] Fake news is written and published with the intent to mislead in order to damage an agency, entity, or person, and/or gain financially or politically,[6][7][8] often using sensationalist, dishonest, or outright fabricated headlines to increase readership, online sharing, and Internet click revenue. In the latter case, it is similar to sensational online "clickbait" headlines and relies on advertising revenue generated from this activity, regardless of the veracity of the published stories.[6] Intentionally misleading and deceptive fake news differs from obvious satire or parody, which is intended to amuse rather than mislead its audience.

Just "Googling" "fake news brings up a myriad of examples from a multitude of sources.

Fake news has existed since Gutenberg invented the press, "yellow journalism" is what it used to be called.

Now if the OP is too lazy or too slow to use Google and is relying on the members of ATS to provide examples, that is one thing.

But to deny it's existence is indicative of a far more reaching mental condition.

Seek help, would be my advice.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

How about "immigrants are animals" ...fake enough?
edit on 4-11-2018 by Flatcoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Be honest. You are not asking for proof. You really want to deny something you perfectly know is true. The press is with the left, the left is extremist. You like the left.

Look, surely if fake news from the main stream media is as bad as Trump says it is, it should be damn easy for you to quickly provide 3 or 4 links to it.

I promise you, if you can provide me those links and show how they are 'FAKE' I will acknowledge that Trump has a point. I am only after the truth. That is what everyone should be about, but unfortunately some people here are blindly following a president who knowingly lies all the damn time.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Okay. I shall S P E L L I T O U T F O R Y O U:

When Trump specifically calls out the specific media sources reporting fake news specifically and those media outlets FALSELY report that Trump is calling out ALL news media, that is FAKE NEWS.

edit on 4-11-2018 by Boadicea because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Trump has a 1% chance of winning the presidency. LMAO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join