It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Claims Violence is caused by the press, can you back him up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Two days ago, Trump was asked this question just before boarding Marine One for a five-day campaign tour:

Mr. President, a new poll found that half of Americans say that you're encouraging political violence with the way you speak.

Trump did not let the reporter finish the question and instead followed up with this:

No, no. You know what? You're creating violence by your questions, you know.

The reporter quickly cut in and said

Me?

Trump continued his response and answered the reporter's question:

You are creating -- you. And also, a lot of the reporters are creating violence by not writing the truth. The fake news is creating violence.
And you know what? The people that support Trump and the people that support us, which is a lot of people -- most people, many people -- those people know when a story is true, and they know when a story is false. And I'll tell you what, if the media would write correctly, and write accurately, and write fairly, you would have a lot less violence in the country.

LINK

So if the President is telling the truth here, surely the Trumpets of ATS can dig up tons of these fake news stories and especially questions that Trump claims are rampant and the cause of all the violence in the country.
edit on 4-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: word missed

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Need a Georgio meme

The left is violent

but they're really violent

+50 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sorry, we're not here to prove or disprove your garbage thread, your mind and perspective are already set 😏

However, fake news is damaging to the country and leftist such as yourself eat it up, post on forums and demand why, from skewed poll results. Meanwhile, we laugh and shake our heads.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

I knew it, he's in league with the prince of flies.
I for one don't know how many time's I have used the press in the form of a rolled up newspaper to beat up on a fly but a lot.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Trump Claims Violence is caused by the press, can you back him up?

I can back up Trump to the extent that Trump has consistently blamed the fake news media specifically, not the entire fourth estate itself...

So if the President is telling the truth here, surely the Trumpets of ATS can dig up tons of these fake news stories...

I just pointed out one; I.e., the fake news reports that Trump is blaming all media, when Trump is only blaming fake news.

Easy peasy. And I'm not even a Trump supporter!

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If the media was un-biased, they'd report on the President's successes.

This past Friday was an excellent Jobs/Wages/Growth report that set more records for U.S. prosperity.

90% of the media didn't mention it, and has not mentioned these superb numbers.

The media doesn't give a crap about the people of this country.

Therefore, the media is the ENEMY of the people in this country, and subject to/deserving of, being treated as such.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Sorry, we're not here to prove or disprove your garbage thread, your mind and perspective are already set 😏

However, fake news is damaging to the country and leftist such as yourself eat it up, post on forums and demand why, from skewed poll results. Meanwhile, we laugh and shake our heads.

Well, if it's so rampant then give me a few examples because the only fake news I can find comes out of Trump's mouth.

Funny thing is, my politics are conservative, not left.

link   
I see your view and it's a muddy stream we're wading across
If this world is a fallen world like I wish to put forth, we need more vision.

That means Trump is right bc he is complaining about false news, so he is fighting lies. Small ones or big ones....he is crying out publically to discern such as you see it being broadcast. He cannot get a foothold in an avalanche of media distorted rap.

The paradigm keeps changing so with that one has to instantly see the spin....and pick the side broadcasting the discrepancy.......the other side is under the spell of the liar and accuser......that started the fallen murder and lying. No truth was found in him ....and we're gonna snuff the punk. Now that you know the outcome of the liar snickering crouched behind the media .....you know to pick his lies apart...testing them and seeing the big picture.
edit on 4-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

When we come face to face with Jesus, we all get a final chance to say yes or no......

There are some who will say ....
I stood on a ridge and shunned religion,
Thinkin the world was mine...
edit on 4-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

link   
DP
edit on 4-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: DP

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Be honest. You are not asking for proof. You really want to deny something you perfectly know is true. The press is with the left, the left is extremist. You like the left.

edit on 4-11-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
We are addicted to news. We want it whenever we want it, sometimes 24/7. The news media has filled the void and gives us that 24/7 fix 365 days a year. Any moment you want you can get news. The quality of it can not be guaranteed though, and anything can be used, nothing is sacred. And indeed shock news has a devoted audience. The news people who gather news have to fill air time 24/7, their job depends on it, indeed their mortgage and car payment, wardrobe, groceries, children, and day to day expenses count on a salary.

If there's no actual news, it's game to report fictional news, just make it up, and there's an art to that, but not so undoable so-as to not seem plausible with bits and crumbs of actual events.

Walter Cronkite used to do the News at 6:00 on all the major networks. It lasted 15 minutes, then a half hour, facts were given and so it was. It was not a slew of opinions or agendas, it was the news as it was happening. and when finished he ended with ...... "And that's the way it is"

brandingforresults.com...

These days it is sorely lacking. Fence sitting spineless talking heads at best. President Trump is hip to the way it works, indeed He is most of the news, and He knows what is fiction or spin.... "And that's the way it is".

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
"Funny thing is, my politics are conservative, not left."

Nobody in ATS believes that.
edit on 4-11-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is actually a universal truth, there are very few truly independent and unbiased news sources in the world and of course even those that set out to be just that end up being biased in one way or another.
Usually though the press is owned by big interests, they are only interested in two thing's, controlling your opinion and selling you there brand.
Those big interests usually boil down to just a few individual's whom have ties to a cabal of individuals whom are internationalists and are trying to impose a world government based in the corporate sector, they have one single goal to make there corporation's and by that themselves more powerful than any government.

Now you would think Trump would be one of them but if he is then they must be having some kind of internal civil war since he instead seem's to be a bit of a wild card - that or he represents' the previous elite whom do not like the direction the current elite were taking the world and have decided to act against them.

The real problem is that if you think nation's have proxy wars, these people do as well and can and will pitch nation's against one another to further there interests.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I thought violence was caused by violent people.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If the media was un-biased, they'd report on the President's successes.

This past Friday was an excellent Jobs/Wages/Growth report that set more records for U.S. prosperity.

90% of the media didn't mention it, and has not mentioned these superb numbers.

The media doesn't give a crap about the people of this country.

Therefore, the media is the ENEMY of the people in this country, and subject to/deserving of, being treated as such.

This is BS and you know it. I probably watch more news than 90% of the people here since it is part of my job. I can tell you that all of the networks cover the good and the bad. The problem is that Trump doesn't want anyone to report the bad.

A leader who doesn't want bad press is a wannabe dictator.

Here are some links to the liberal media reporting the things you said they didn't.

Wages surge as US adds a robust 250,000 jobs in October

Job market bounces back in final pre-election report

250000 jobs added in the US in October and wages rise

+3 more 
link   

Not that you will listen but anyone who doesn't clearly see the "Crusade" the MSM is on is completely blind or lying to themselves (or everyone else).

www.orlandosentinel.com...

Liberal media unrelenting in their bias against President Trump

The liberal media perpetuate political bias so forcefully and unrelentingly, it’s gone from subtle background noise to the entirety of their narrative. Is it any wonder Americans have record-high distrust for the mainstream media?

As conservatives have argued for decades, the overwhelming majority of journalists are liberal. Less than 10 percent of journalists are registered Republicans. Of course, there’s nothing inherently wrong with editorializing liberal or conservative viewpoints — open debate is a social good — unless you portray yourself as an objective reporter of the news and not on the opinion pages.

Politically vocal journalists have increasingly become overtly biased faux-journalists shredding their own credibility. This was best articulated in last December’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight” segment featuring Liz Spayd, the New York Times’ public editor, who acknowledged many of her colleagues “go over the line” covering Trump.

Editorial bias is even more overt. A recent glance at the New York Times’ opinion page found an editorial smearing Trump as “foolish” and an op-ed column calling him “hateful.” Another accused the president of “betray(ing) historic U.S. values.”

At the same time, the liberal media not-so-subtly frames stories to reinforce their “#HateTrump” narrative.

Our largest newspapers and most-watched cable networks cannot credibly extol their essential function while simultaneously abandoning it for rabid anti-Trumpism — and then complain when Americans stop trusting the media.

Mainstream media errors in the Trump era: Your catalogue of the media's bias-fueled failure-fest in 2017

But, here you go: Here is about 100 (From 2017)

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Beltway media needs to take a deep breath. Fake Trump stories hurt you.

www.usatoday.com... 9001/

edit on 4-11-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Actually that is totally true as well.

To censor the press is the same thing as USING propaganda because it would whitewash any such leader to look far better than they actually are.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The thing with Trump is he makes a lot of grandiose claims which can't be proven true but they also can't easily be proven false. While you're stuck trying to figure out how to prove him wrong, he's already claiming victory and he takes a victory lap with his supporters. He loves to win.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Democrat leaders are also triggering violence this election cycle. Check out this statement from Senator Joe Manchin over the weekend.

Manchin: ‘It Took Every Bit of My Discipline Not to Beat the Living Crap Out’ of my Republican Opponent!
Source: freebeacon.com...

Combine his statement with the recent ones from Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, Maxine Waters, and other Democrat leaders, and you have "green light" for those who are inclined to incite violence.
edit on 11/4/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
No problem BJ here’s 11 of them. Keep in mind that every lie insights violence .

Trump fake news awards.

edit on 4-11-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join