It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Governor race is cotton pickin important

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sad I live in a world where this is the first thing I think about when I read the op.

Therefore making we question the entire op and it's author. Kinda tired of the perpetual outrage over anything and everything. This included.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Since I have a cat. You tell me how it generally gets used in this house.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

My black coworkers use the phrase. It's not racist. I was shocked because in MA they taught us it was.

It's just progressives complaining about everything and making it racist.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
What he said doesn't change my vote one bit. BTW I am tired of how everything is called racist now if it comes from someone who is white or light skinned while at the same time someone of color can come right out and say kill all white people and be given a pass.

What is getting my vote this election in Florida is the guy who has served in the military and who is also going to fight for my 2nd amendment rights. So I am for a Republican governor this time.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

eeny meeny chili beany.
ooo ah thumbileeny
achy cotchy
liberachi
out goes Y O U

no one offended.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hillary Clinton on black people: "I know, they all look the same"

not racist

Republican using common phrase: "cotton picking"

RACIST!!!!!11111!!11`

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I grew up in Louisiana and it was said both ways. 'Catch a n..by the toe, if he hollers let him go'. But i heard tiger too. The 70s were a decade where things were changing and racists rhymes such as these were replaced.

Anyone hear 'this little piggy' with the alternate word? Louisiana has come a long way. My Dad was racist when i was growing up but changed his mind after working with black men at his chemical plant. He said they worked harder than the white men and they had his respect.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime
It was 'if he screams pull his tail and send him off to the city jail' back in 70's Britain for me. I can't imagine anyone syaing stuff like that now, we've well moved on as a society. The 70's were bad, folk got beaten up just for being gay, now bigots are the minority.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Bigots may be the minority over there, but we seem to have plenty. Apparently our bigots think their bigotry is excused if they accuse others of bigotry.

Not going to think any more on that... hurts my brain...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Hurts my brain thinking about it as well lol!
Muslims are the new blacks in Britain now, it seems socially acceptable to condemn that religion and people who follow it.
Pakistani Muslims especially because they are the majority of the organised grooming rape gangs targeting white non Muslim girls.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I’m old enough to remember when kids used to say, “eeny, meeny, miney, moe - catch a n**ger by the toe. If he hollers, make him pay, fifty dollars every day.”

Probably a Southern thang. I don’t think too many people say that any more.

And what the hell does that have to do with the OP?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join