It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I Awake??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Why did I wake up at 2am this morning???

Oh yeah, that's right, the F#'d with the time again!

You see, I'm a lot like my animals, I have this body cycle where I just naturally do things at certain times. Some researchers have fancy words for it like "circadian rhythms" and the like, but my animals know it as..."I'm hungry, and this is when I eat, and this is when the big guy in the Carhartt's comes out on the tractor to feed us the good stuff!" So I work on their schedule, but they don't understand when some knucklehead just decides to change the schedule for half the free world. Now I get to spend the next month training them their schedule's changed, and they don't get it, and they protest it. The sun still comes up at the same time as far as they're concerned, and the sun still sets at the same time, but NOOOOooooo! No, now the tractor doesn't come out until later each day, and then later the tractor comes out an hour earlier, before we're ready to eat and still off in some distant pasture.

I wish they would stop screwing around with the time! I'm sure it served some point eons ago, but it serves NONE now, certainly not in the 24x7 world we all live in now.

So, for the 1,000,043rd time on ATS (probably)...

STOP SCREWING WITH THE TIME, DAMMIT! It's really disruptive!
edit on 11/4/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What would happen if you just threw your clocks away.

Do things when it is right for you and the animals and forget the clock.

That is how your great great great ... grandpappy did it.

P

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I'm awake because I was out with strippers all night.

One even brought me home with her. It was a good night.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Well, that's a good suggestion, BUT the problem is, I have to work just like everyone else, so I can't just live in my own world. I have to live in everyone else's world too.

I wish I could do as you suggest, and I very certainly would, if not for that little detail.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Did she have a nice house????

Was there like a rack to hang your hat on, and a garage to park the, uhhhh, Ferrari in?

Was the back porch nice?

How about the upstairs?

How was the plumbing?

Hopefully the oven didn't have anything in it, right?

edit on 11/4/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
That was the same argument my daughter gave me when she came home at the crack of dawn and now my whole day is messed up.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Did you give your daughter the whole "And what time do you call this, young lady?" routine?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

So she came home an hour early then, right?

("early" being a relative term here).

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I guess the real question is if you're now getting up at 2AM instead of 3AM due to daylight savings, why the hell were you getting up at 3AM to begin with? Go back to bed.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

No, she came come home "based on what her body told her was the right time." About 4am-3am based on the adjusted time. Not acceptable.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Kind of. I was calm and measured outside but very disappointed. Lots of excuses the most being she "didn't know what time it was because she was mesmerized by the fire dancers;" whatever that means. I plan on gtting more info when she wakes up.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

She's definitely hiding "something." I'm glad I don't have children. I'd be paranoid and restless.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I know, and I agree.

I was just being a smart aleck.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
They don’t do time changes in Saskatchewan for this exact reason.
The whole province is farm land like the whole thing, trees are rare.
If you look far enough into the distance you can see the back of your own head the legend goes.

edit on 4-11-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I guess the real question is if you're now getting up at 2AM instead of 3AM due to daylight savings, why the hell were you getting up at 3AM to begin with? Go back to bed.

Makin' the donuts, man...makin' the donuts!

Actually, I get up for the cows. Thank Gawd it's not donuts, because then I'd BE a cow!

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's...

That's just......

AWESOME!!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I’m told the reason why we keep doing the daylight savings time is so kids don’t have to walk to school in pitch dark, or wait in the pitch dark for the school bus. To that I say, school starts too damn early anyway! Start it an hour later, and boom, problem solved.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Then everyone would be showing up late to work...and be complaining about that instead!

And the whole thing is bogus anyway because the kids wind up walking in the dark in a month anyway, so why do it at all?

And what about coming home? It's dark then too.

Hey, I've got an idea; let's protest the Sun, or the Earth's orbit...or both! That should keep some folks occupied for a while.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

the Sun is Ray-cist.

(I'll show myself out)
edit on 4-11-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join