It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Started doing work experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hi all,
I've started doing work experience for Big Mal's Landscaping on Auckland's North Shore and how it happened is 3 weeks ago I met up with my old classmate from primary school and we were discussing what I wanted to do for a job and I said I'd like to be an Arborist so she talked to her dad who works for Big Mal's and he talked to Mal his boss and she messages me via Facebook Messenger saying that her dad's boss had offered me work experience a couple of days a week and if i liked it there was a paid job for me. So I did my first day on Tuesday this week helping to mow a subdivision in Huapai out West Auckland way and I'm doing two days on Tuesday and Wednesday next week mowing somewhere in Orewa.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Conspiracyskeptic

Welcome to the workforce!!

Iandscaping sounds like a wonderful job. I work a lot in my little garden as a hobby and I could imagine having it as a fulltime job.

Peace

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Give me a 4WD front deck mower. That is not work, that is paid playtime.

If you break it, the Boss fixes it for ya!

How good's that mate!

Go for it. Enjoy.

P

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Conspiracyskeptic
Hi all,
I've started doing work experience for Big Mal's Landscaping on Auckland's North Shore and how it happened is 3 weeks ago I met up with my old classmate from primary school and we were discussing what I wanted to do for a job and I said I'd like to be an Arborist so she talked to her dad who works for Big Mal's and he talked to Mal his boss and she messages me via Facebook Messenger saying that her dad's boss had offered me work experience a couple of days a week and if i liked it there was a paid job for me. So I did my first day on Tuesday this week helping to mow a subdivision in Huapai out West Auckland way and I'm doing two days on Tuesday and Wednesday next week mowing somewhere in Orewa.

*Congratulations* and how lucky are you!!

My grandaughter is in her third year of training to be a paramedic, it is

costing her in university fees which leaves her (ending up with debt) she

is currently working 12 hour shifts unpaid for actually doing the work

while being shadowed.

**Good Luck** to you

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Dang I wish I could have got kids to do my yard for free and call it"Work experiance",why didn't I think of this

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
The good and hard work will satisfy you, I promise. It´s a good job, you´re out in the elements, fresh air, the smell of trees and sap.

It´s a job I respect very much because it´s not only all of the above but also dangerous. It´s not an ABC-scheme thing where you do repetive jobs but have to use all your experience and knowledge.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Nice one, respect!

My eldest has just done two weeks as a trainee aircraft mechanic, he learned some valuable experience!

Me? I just got shipped off to the Army for a fortnight, lol

Have fun and stay safe, s&f

edit on 4/11/2018 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
On my first day Mal the boss showed up and handed me a cardboard box filled with personal protective equipment and welcomed me to the crew and I was using the string trimmers most of the day and the trimmer I was using was a Japanese-made Maruyama one and the mower that I got to try was one of those Zero-Turn ones with a diesel engine and it was pretty easy to operate.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Congratulations! You will be getting great experience and being out in nature. How very wonderful for you!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Tuesday and Wednesday were hectic because Mal put me with Craig in the workshop and I'd started cutting some hollow steel tube when Craig got a call from Kingston saying they couldn't start the ride on mower.

So we headed to Barrett Road where Ian and Kingston were mowing and started digging through the electric system and found the original battery had died.

So we put the battery from Ian's truck in the mower so they could get mowing while we got a new battery from an auto electrician so that took nearly 5 hours from 8:00 AM to 12:50 PM. Wednesday's jobs were loading up the tip truck with scrap steel and taking it to the scrapyard then picking up a spare cylinder of argon welding gas and a new tire.

Then about 11:00 I went with Joe and Alex to put up banners on some temporary fencing at a development site a few minutes away.

top topics

join