It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unable to login on new desktop.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I’ve had a login that hasn’t been a part of another social account. Just recently bought a new PC. Are you all serious that I can not login using my normal account? I now have to use google, Facebook, or LinkedIn to login?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

And aparently I can’t upload a jpeg anymore because it’s not considered an image file.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

That one I can help with.

Just change the type to .jpg It will work.

P

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

For most of our login details, if your previous login was local to your old PC, how do you imagine the details of your login could get to the new PC? You would have to copy the profile from one PC to the other. All these 'online' logins using social networks to authenticate your identity are the way to transition your details between two physically separate locations.

Are you talking about a site login to ATS? I would have thought that there must be a way to login.

I can also appreciate the site owners need to ensure that people don't just create another logon each time they get banned. Social profiles are an easy way of preventing this.

edit on 4/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I’m still logged in on IOS. But when I try to login with edge or Firefox , I get just a white rectangle that scrolls left and right with no info.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Your password works anywhere, it isn't dependent on browsers or hardware.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Just re-installed my laptop this week (Win7...yeah I know, "you should switch to Win10"...no thanks) and had no problem with my fresh login in to ATS.

I never use Facebook or Linkedin, maybe you should change something in the preferences of your brower about loggin in and using social media profiles.

Peace

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
If you are talking about logging in to ATS, I log in with username and password, on several different devices and browsers with no problems.

I’m still logged in on IOS. But when I try to login with edge or Firefox , I get just a white rectangle that scrolls left and right with no info.

Could you get a screen-grab of that? If you can and it's a .jpeg file follow pheonix358's advice and change the extension to "jpg".

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You have to have a Microsoft account to use your PC with Windows 10. They own it, not you.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
You have to have a Microsoft account to use your PC with Windows 10.

That's not true, my computer has Windows 10 and I use a local account.

All Windows 10 computers I have installed use local accounts.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
I can also appreciate the site owners need to ensure that people don't just create another logon each time they get banned. Social profiles are an easy way of preventing this.
No they are not, it's a two minute job to create a throwaway gmail account for accessing ATS. The old email actually took longer time to set up.
I made a separate gmail account to join, no way was I giving ATS my real name and social media details.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I’ve had a login that hasn’t been a part of another social account. Just recently bought a new PC. Are you all serious that I can not login using my normal account? I now have to use google, Facebook, or LinkedIn to login?

nope...I've never had issue, don't use any social media...and over years new PC's, phones, tablets, laptops etc...

also, no reason to ever log in and out.

once you log in...bookmark whatever page you want...and it will always be open....

PS yes...jpegs are still uploadable..I just added one to mine

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Thanks for the clarification. I am not an avid MS OS installer. The Windows 10 OSs I have installed on my personal systems have prompted me for MS account credentials or to setup an MS account. Next install I do, I will check in to a local credential install.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
a reply to: ArMaP

Thanks for the clarification. I am not an avid MS OS installer. The Windows 10 OSs I have installed on my personal systems have prompted me for MS account credentials or to setup an MS account. Next install I do, I will check in to a local credential install.

The option to use a local account is usually hidden at the bottom in a small font light text option, some builds require to enter MS account credentials before giving you the option, in this case just enter and press enter.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: chr0naut
No they are not, it's a two minute job to create a throwaway gmail account for accessing ATS. The old email actually took longer time to set up.
I made a separate gmail account to join, no way was I giving ATS my real name and social media details.

True, but we have had people that get banned and create new logins over and over again. At least they have to be a little discouraged from doing so in a perpetual loop.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Lol, do you think I've only been on ATS since 20/12/2017? I've been here years, just behave myself these days as CornishCeltGuy. Gmail accounts take minutes to create and dynamic IP addresses mean that ATS can do nothing to stop banned members from coming back. They like to think they have some ability to do so but in reality they don't.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Not true... The alien myst beings let us know who everybody is, but if you're cool we don't ban you again.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer
Haha fair one! I behave these days so it's all good.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I’m still unable to login using a fresh install of Windows 10.

All I get is a central scroll bar that does nothing.

Further, for a conspiracy based website... why limit a current login to be so controversial?
edit on 11/10/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I can totally reply under my username and password under a iOS. How ever this is unaffectove otherwise

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join