It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero point energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
i was wondering about zero point energy. i could not find any posts about it here. other then one artical about Zero point energy modules that some company is making they clain to have a prototype that is the size of a diskman and can produce 1kw of energy and never run out.

was wondering if zero point energy is a realy thing or is it just something made up. and if its realy why isnt it researched more for pratical use.

apc

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
There are limited practical uses with present technology. There is presently no known way to create a chain reaction of zero point energy. So at this point, it's atom by atom. If anyone ever did discover a way to create a reaction... most likely the first concept to emerge would be a bomb. A bomb capable of blowing a sizable chunk of the planet well into orbit.

> The energy released by the implosion of a single hydrogen atom (zero point energy) has been related to 100 times that of fusing the same atom.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by apc]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
There are many posts here about zero point energy. As for the device you are talking about, its a prototype called Excalibur by the company ET (Evolved Technology). Here is a link to their site: www.evolvedtechnology.com... . Although they claim it works, I will be skeptical until I see some blueprints, but since the company is not releasing them (for obvious reasons), I doubt I'll know anytime soon. I hope this helped.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
if they do really work that company would make billions on them people could power their houses and electric heaters and never have to pay any more electric bills or heating fuel bills. they could power cars on them and never have to refill or recharge them. but i dont think the oil companies would like that.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
True they would make a lot of money, but they wouldn't be the only ones since there hundreds of patents for free-energy systems. The only problem stopping free-energy systems are fossil fuels. they would go out of business causing tens of millions of people to lose their job. So its currently a good idea but not applicable at this current time.

apc

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If anything ever hit the global market that could actually replace a significant portion of oil usage... say bye bye to the USA and our oildollar based economy.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wonder what is better zero point energy or anti matter?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
ZPE. I believe I heard somewhere that a single tablespoon would be able to boil all the worlds oceans in a fraction of a second. Not too sure how valid, but interesting nontheless. I believe we are hundreds if not thousands of years away from developing a workable ZPE generator.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
I wonder what is better zero point energy or anti matter?

Well, the answer is very simply zero point energy. WHY??? because antimatter needs matter to get in touch with to produce large amounts of energy. However ZPE systems do not need ANY fuel whatsoever, there by the amount of energy that a ZPE system can generate is INFINITE. Simply put large amounts of energy < then infinite energy. LOL

apc

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Zero Point Energy sythesis does in fact consume a resource to produce energy (lets not forget Einstein's flawed, yet still practical E=mc^2). Hydrogen for example. A device would take the hydrogen atom, collapse its zero point field, the atom implodes, releasing zero point energy. This is the extent of our 'ZPE' abilities to date. We can implode a single atom in a beaker, and it makes a bubble. One atom, makes a bubble. Think about how much energy that is. True if we could ever harness this energy no person on the planet would ever have to worry about energy needs for the rest of history; however the technology to create and utilize this energy in a usable form is a long ways off.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Do some atoms give more energy than others?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nick Cook, Hunt for zero point.

Read this book, and then come back and talk baout it, and what it makes you think.

Zero point energy is the way forward for mankind, andwill keep us in power for the rest of humanitys days....
Its is clean, it is safe, and it is extremely powerful, and yes, if they made a weapon, well it would be truely a destroyer of worlds...

well, read the book, and enjoy a whole new out look on the US goverment, its secrecy, and its down righ lying balls attitude to the rest of humanity.

three words spring to mind. Operation Paper Clip.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Is there an experiment which proves the existence of this Zero point energy?

As far as I understand it, ZPE refers directly to quantum vacuum fluctuation, which is only supported by a few stupid experiments involving lasers and silvered glass.

The Casimir effect is meant to give credit to ZPE, but it's only defined as being an attractive force. If indeed there's only an attractive force available then it's about of much use for engineering as the force of gravity.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The Casimir effect is believed to be the ZPF pushing the two plates together, not an attractive force as such. When the distance between the plates is close there is no room for the generation of larger virtual particles, only smaller ones, making an overpressure from the outside that pushes the plates together.

Some theorize that the force of gravity is actually a big Casimir effect of sorts.. A mass would inhibit the vacuum fluctuations within it to some degree, meaning that there would be an overpressure coming from space toward masses. Larger masses, more overpressure.

Feel free to rip this apart, I'm not a physicist.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by electric
Is there an experiment which proves the existence of this Zero point energy?

As far as I understand it, ZPE refers directly to quantum vacuum fluctuation, which is only supported by a few stupid experiments involving lasers and silvered glass.

The Casimir effect is meant to give credit to ZPE, but it's only defined as being an attractive force. If indeed there's only an attractive force available then it's about of much use for engineering as the force of gravity.

Actually there is an experiment that is relevant here....

You take two sheets of metal and hold them close together in a vacuum chamber...

The results are surprising.... the Metal plates actually draw themselves together....

This proves negative energy....

how we can apply this knowledge to create a power source is yet unknown but I have to say that there are many many many ways to generate power....

However... what ever way you slice it Energy cannot be created, only transmitted, thus the so called Zero Point Energy uses something that we yet understand.

Some say that Zero Point Energy could explain the Big band and we should be very careful about experimenting with this aspect of nature as we may inexplicably cause the next Big bang right here on Earth....

Neon.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi
There are many posts here about zero point energy. As for the device you are talking about, its a prototype called Excalibur by the company ET (Evolved Technology). Here is a link to their site: www.evolvedtechnology.com... . Although they claim it works, I will be skeptical until I see some blueprints, but since the company is not releasing them (for obvious reasons), I doubt I'll know anytime soon. I hope this helped.

I looked at this site and it does not mention zero point energy anywhere. They claim it is Newton technology.

NewtonTM is an unconventional alternative energy technology that can be implemented immediately at a very low cost to consumers. NewtonTM is a mechanical motor that uses a proprietary system to produce torque which can then be attached to a generator to produce electrical power.

This sounds more like a free energy device similar to an Adams motor, or Howard Johnson motor with a generator. I also am skeptical, because technology like this would probably be implemented on a large scale first before consumer products came out. Beware, there have been many free energy scams over the last century.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I thought that ZPE was just something from Stargate: Atlantis?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Okay, Here's the skinny on Zero-Point Energy: it has very few people taking serious scientific method to it, and in fact only one is considered to have even scratched the surface of it by credible physicists today. That man is Dr. Hal Puthoff.

The energy itself is theoretical, what would be left if all the universe hit absolute zero, and the idea is to come up with a way to mine this energy. This would probablyneed to be done in outer space to have the low temperatures, lack of gravity, and enough space to work with that the energy could be mined (probably many many many miles).

Currently the two most likely methods of mining this energy would be through an oscillating spheroid, or Casimir force platesm, as they show the most promise. Though currently the oscillating spheroid shows the most promise, neither one of these methods produces more energy than it uses.

Dr. Puthoff himself, though having often worked within the Pseudosciences in the past, is, again, one of the only men the "Real Physicists" take seriously on the subject of Zero-Point Energy, the only one to give scientifically reproducable results, and on the side, investigates and debunks the claims of others to have machines that use ZPE.

That's it. Unless you're a physicist, there's really not much more to know for now.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This appears to be the same kind of fascination that occupied people in the 1950's with hover cars, moon bases, and other such beyond sci-fi thinking. In the only way I can see it ever happening is beyond my time, that is, unless you can find the way our galaxy spins on its axis, I'd suggest you continue to look at the stars and hunt for that universal measurement.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
I thought that ZPE was just something from Stargate: Atlantis?

You are thinking of ZPM, and most of what is in Sci-Fi is in the theoretical stages in Real Life, so don't count it out just because it appears in Fiction.

top topics

join