It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG the political ads this year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just seeing constant commercials here..and they are fairly low IQ commercials pandering to the lowest denominator. Rarely even discussing issues, just using hit keywords reported over and over and over again. Largely using out of context quotes repeated over and over too.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
So glad I don't watch local TV OR cable anymore (nothing worth watching anyway) I stick to the non-political sections of the local news stations' websites, and use the hell out of uBlock Origin (better ad blocker than AdBlock)

I don't stick around the radio stations long enough to determine if they're playing political ads or not during ad breaks, I channel surf til I hit tunes elsewhere. That's been my radio usage MOS since I was a teenager, works well, lol.

I am getting damn tired of both the Republican and Democratic postal junk mail, though. I'm neither, I don't give a flying eff what you're peddling, none of it is going to ever make me vote for YOU. Take me off the damn mailing list already.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

We have a senate race here in Indiana.
Both of them are running nasty smear campaigns.
Make we want puke.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Some people may not be aware that Trump tends to tell many lies during his never ending campaigning. I suppose that technically it's not an ads, just plain old lying.

No.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Former President Obama has a lot of nerve, declaring that President Trump is "hurting our military"!

twitter.com...

OBAMA didn't grant our sons and daughters in uniform a single pay raise during his hellish Presidency.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Former President Obama has a lot of nerve, declaring that President Trump is "hurting our military"!

twitter.com...

OBAMA didn't grant our sons and daughters in uniform a single pay raise during his hellish Presidency.

As a Canadian , I used to think Obama was cool, if not a little arrogant. Over time, with more information about him, from sources that know, I have come to see him for the pathetic lying politician he really is.

He’s no dummy, but instead of owning up to his disastrous mistakes, he pretends they were all great policies for Americans. He knows better than to defend his stupid healthcare, but his pride won’t let him stop.

He’s a joke who talks out of both sides of his mouth( with those pauses in between for emphasis 😆).
Far more dangerous to America than Trump could ever hope to be.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I saw a totally creepy big-brother-is-watching-you ad today. Basically it said that you need to go out and vote. "Your vote is private! Nobody will know who you voted for. However, whether or not you voted is a matter of public record. After the election, everyone will know whether or not you voted."

Sal

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I normally tune them out, but decided to listen to a few political ads here in the Chicago market yesterday.

The vast majority of content was nothing but what the other guy/gal has done wrong. No ideas...no promises.

Most of them were Democrats attacking Democrats.

It's hard to believe that people donate their money to Democrat political campaigns.

No Chicago area Republican entrants are taken seriously enough to dedicate time to. Dems ignore them.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

In the Cincinnati area, they are just as bad.

I used this election cycle, now that my son is in high school, to point out how terrible politics is. I challenged him to show me one ad that only focuses on the good that a candidate has done, and there were absolutely none.

It's pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join