It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Persistent Contrails' / 'Chemtrails' Gone?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: mrthumpy

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I pointed them out to a family member that laughed them off as "normal contrails". I went through about 40 years of photo's from mid 60's to 2000, many thousands of outdoor photos with the sky and not one "contrail" like that until about 2003-4 and the were prevelant in TV shows and movies as well as they were suddenly everywhere. None of the old TV/movies had them either.

Odd that you didn't find any photos. Luckily for you others have been able to find lots of old photos etc showing that the trails are nothing new.

www.metabunk.org...

So if this is such an easy topic to debunk, why did ATS create a forum specifically for it? Next question would be, if the topic has been 100% debunked — why haven’t they removed this forum?

Debunking the topic is very easy but getting through people's firmly held beliefs isn't. They simply reject the debunk

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: KKLOCO

They actually are. They're testing biofuels that will have cleaner emissions, and the new engines release fewer pollutants than ever before. The problem is that the most efficient altitude for them to operate at happens to be right where contrail conditions are. They've gone a long way with reducing emissions and are getting better with every new engine developed.

The problem is that even hydrogen fuelled engines that emit only water will still create contrails

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mrthumpy

Yep. There are ways to prevent them, but they're either too costly in the long run, or still classified and for military use only.
edit on 11/5/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There's a forum for it because of how popular chemtrail threads were for awhile. With a lot of people you'll never be able to prove they're not real, no matter how much evidence you have.

A good question would be: has the FAA ever addressed the fact that most the long range commercial craft litter / pollute our skies with this crap?

Why would the FAA be bothered? It's just frozen water and nearly all of it was in the atmosphere already.

The IPCC are concerned however

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Go and look right before you get your next cold-front.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Thanks for posting the link to his YouTube channel. This was the first video of persistent contrails that I saw on his channel.

m.youtube.com...

In the video, it shows a plane flying with no contrails. Then like a switch, all the sudden they are on. Can someone explain this? I’ve seen many videos like this one: no contrails then all the sudden — mega contrails.

Nothing remarkable about a contrail "switching" on or off like that. The same goes for on/off or gaps in contrails. Ask yourself why there are gaps in clouds and in particular cirrus clouds? This simple ignorance of chemtrailers is why some aircrew make spoof videos. See following still hosted by the Flight Engineer that filmed it. Remember it isn't just aircraft engines that can form contrails but also the upper wing surfaces. Sometimes you can get a combination of the both of them and chemtrail believers freak out claiming "aerosol wing sprayers".

See following aerodynamic contrail spoof video. Listen to the audio.

See the other videos in the series.

You Tube Channel

See following on broken and contrails with gaps

Link

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I pointed them out to a family member that laughed them off as "normal contrails". I went through about 40 years of photo's from mid 60's to 2000, many thousands of outdoor photos with the sky and not one "contrail" like that until about 2003-4 and the were prevelant in TV shows and movies as well as they were suddenly everywhere. None of the old TV/movies had them either.

I live below a heavy flight path from most of NYC, PHL to the west coast and haven't seen them in a couple years.

Absolute non-sense. I was watching airliners producing persistent contrails over Scotland way back in the 1970s. This claim of yours is complete non-sense. Explain why railway enthusiasts were capturing persistent contrails in their images going back from the late 1960s on wards?

The main page link has already been posted to you in reply but see the specific railway enthusiast info from page 12.

Metabunk Link - Railway info

Rail Pics website

Yes plenty of old TV/Movies had contrails in them. Yet again this is a regular chemtrail believer mantra. When they are shown old images and videos their claim is that they have been photoshopped in such is their desperation.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

Thanks for posting the link to his YouTube channel. This was the first video of persistent contrails that I saw on his channel.

m.youtube.com...

In the video, it shows a plane flying with no contrails. Then like a switch, all the sudden they are on. Can someone explain this? I’ve seen many videos like this one: no contrails then all the sudden — mega contrails.

Nothing remarkable about a contrail "switching" on or off like that. The same goes for on/off or gaps in contrails. Ask yourself why there are gaps in clouds and in particular cirrus clouds? This simple ignorance of chemtrailers is why some aircrew make spoof videos. See following still hosted by the Flight Engineer that filmed it. Remember it isn't just aircraft engines that can form contrails but also the upper wing surfaces. Sometimes you can get a combination of the both of them and chemtrail believers freak out claiming "aerosol wing sprayers".

See following aerodynamic contrail spoof video. Listen to the audio.

See the other videos in the series.

You Tube Channel

See following on broken and contrails with gaps

Link

So the guy speaking in the video is obviously uneducated. I guess I am too. Help me here please.

By the visible display of the fumes turning on and off — are you saying that the air temperature changed drastically, and repeatedly, to cause the persistent contrail to appear heavily and disappear — numerous times?

It’s very apparent that there was no elevation changes between the two aircraft in that vid. The guy did’t adjust the focus of the camera once. So rule that out.

BTW, how close were those aircraft to one another? Dude must have had an insane zoom on his camera.
edit on 5-11-2018 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Combination of air-pressure/temperature and moisture content. The same reason you don't always have solid cloud coverage, you just have a cloud here and one over there, and one there...
edit on 5-11-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

They're military tankers flying together in loose formation. They fly close together waiting for whatever is coming to get fuel. In this case something that needs a lot of fuel.

As for the contrails, yes, that's exactly what's happening. The conditions are going between good for trails and not good for them.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

So the guy speaking in the video is obviously uneducated. I guess I am too. Help me here please.

By the visible display of the fumes turning on and off — are you saying that the air temperature changed drastically, and repeatedly, to cause the persistent contrail to appear heavily and disappear — numerous times?

It’s very apparent that there was no elevation changes between the two aircraft in that vid. The guy did’t adjust the focus of the camera once. So rule that out.

BTW, how close were those aircraft to one another? Dude must have had an insane zoom on his camera.

As explained it is a spoof video. The USAF aircrew filming and talking are poking fun at chemtrail believers. As explained by other posters the USAF KC-10 Extender is simply flying through differing pockets of atmosphere. Remember what I said about gaps in clouds? If the conditions are not conducive for contrail formation then they won't form. That is why you see start/stop contrails in all their forms.

As others have posted the aircraft in the video is a USAF KC-10 air refuelling tanker. Watch the other videos on that channel and see how close they get to each other. You will also see how dramatic aerodynamic contrails can be if the conditions are correct.

McDonnell Douglas KC-10 Wiki link

There is nothing remarkable about the closeness of the aircraft in the video. They have to get much closer when they air refuel and transfer fuel. Again watch the other videos on that channel and see the process while they aerodynamic contrails stream off the wing surfaces.

On the subject of closeness this is another thing that chemtrail believers can't understand. You will see this constantly in chemtrailer videos that "airliners shouldn't be that close", etc. There is nothing remarkable about airliners flying head on, under, over each other. They are vertically separated and for the at least the past two decades can be vertically separated by 1,000 feet. It looks dramatic from the ground and even more dramatic from perspective of passengers and aircrew. Technology is used to keep such airliners separated in order to maximise the already busy upper air routes.

See following video filmed by an airline pilot. As already stated there is nothing remarkable about airliners flying that close. Note that one aircraft is producing full engine contrails and the other aircraft below is producing aerodynamic contrails. As the aircraft flies through various pockets of atmosphere the contrails vary. It is an excellent video to demonstrate that even a difference of 1,000 feet or even a few thousand feet can have an impact.

Some chemtrail believers can't seem to get their heads around aerodynamic contrails or how varying pockets of atmosphere can have an effect. See following video where the guy in Australia thinks that he has caught an "aerosol sprayer". The aircraft is simply generating an aerodynamic contrail as it flies through a conducive pocket of atmosphere.

If you research chemtrails you will also see that aerodynamic contrails are not understood by even the so-called leaders of the Chemtrail community. See following narrated by Dane Wigington of Geoengineering Watch. Wigington even uses the spoof USAF video in his presentations such is his ignorance.

The following is an example of this so-called "evidence" put forward by the most prominent leader of the chemtrail community, Dane Wigington.

"Irrefutable Film Footage Of Climate Engineering Aerosol Spraying ( GeoengineeringWatch.org )"

"Climate Engineering Spray Dispersion Caught On Film ( Dane Wigington GeoengineeringWatch.org )"

The airliners are simply producing aerodynamic contrails but because Wigington doesn't understand or want to the videos are used as fear mongering and spread widely in the Chemtrail Community.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I believe it’s fuel related. Thanks you.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It can't see persistent contrails in france at the moment. And we are getting record temperatures..

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

it's nice how much effort you took with that post. Just wanted to throw some Kudos at you.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools I’m from Vancouver Island in Canada. We see chemtrails almost every day still. We are very close to American border. There are less than there were this summer but then.. they only do it on beautiful clear days don’t they?? Chemtrails have not ended. Maybe just slowed down in your area. I hope it stops some day. Poisons falling on us all the time.
💀💀💀

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

If you look at old newsreel footage, you will see that the only real changes in trails is that planes now fly higher than they used to. The trails from wwii bombers are they same as modern jets.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: tommyjo

it's nice how much effort you took with that post. Just wanted to throw some Kudos at you.

Thanks! Sorry about the very late reply!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

nothing since they do not and never have existed.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I started to see them reemerge in my area in November. I was getting ready to leave the country for a month and a half and I told my dad to brace for a another respiratory infection. Of course he got one. But they stopped around here for probably a solid year. I think its tactile and targeted. There is likely method to the madness.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join