It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Single Exposure to the American Flag Shifts Support Toward Republicanism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Nope born and raised in Florida.

Yeah? Me too. They still made kids do the Pledge every morning when I was a kid, throughout the 90's.

You are extremely incorrect in your blanket statement. You MIGHT be more apt to say your school district did away with it, but mine certainly did not.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Here is my statement again...

I am going to be 46 in a few weeks and that was thrown out in the area I grew up in when I was still in elementary school...

No where did I say the entire state or the region but the area I grew up in, so fill me in on my blanket statement please?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Hey...it worked like a charm on my sister-in-law just now!

Everyone..send this link www.abovetopsecret.com... to everyone you know and ask them to send it to everyone they know.

InfoLurker, you're a genius! Thank-you sir.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The flag is the symbol of our nation.

So appreciating the flag might be "nationalism" and as well all are aware, pride in ones country is racist and Nazi according to the insane left.

There's a difference between nationalism and patriotism.

It's kind of like that saying, thin line between insanity and genius. Well, same thing here.

Patriotism is loving your country and being proud of your country. Nationalism is taking that pride to fundamentalism. Violent belief that your country or your race or your people are the best, no matter what.

I would wager that almost every ethnic cleansing, in every country in the world, started with a healthy dose of nationalism.

edit on 3-11-2018 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

So appreciating the flag might be "nationalism" and as well all are aware, pride in ones country is racist and Nazi according to the insane left.

It's kind of like that saying, thin line between insanity and genius. Well, same thing here.

Patriotism is loving your country and being proud of your country. Nationalism is taking that pride to fundamentalism. Violent belief that your country or your race or your people are the best, no matter what.

I would wager that almost every ethnic cleansing, in every country in the world, started with a healthy dose of nationalism.

You've just proved my point.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Your point was that nationalism is fundamentalism? Nationalism is extremism?

Glad to have helped.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Glad to have helped.

Nope. That the left would try to make nationalism a dirty thing to believe in.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Sorry. I was referring to the "smell". You know, of "$hite".

You were saying?
edit on 4-11-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

To a Patriotic American , The United States Flag Represents FREEDOM . For those who would be Inclined to be Enslaved , it Represents what their Masters Tell them to HATE .

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Glad to have helped.

Nope. That the left would try to make nationalism a dirty thing to believe in.

Perhaps this is a discussion of semantics?

Could you define what you mean by Nationalism?

There are strong historical indications that Nationalism has a dark side that led to WWI and WWII?
It also led to the founding of our own Nation, so it has two faces, no?

“Liberals” see aspects of the Negative face of Nationalism being expressed via xenophobia and white cultural, religious and racial supremacy, blind devotion to the government and leadership, etc. The shadow aspect of Nationalism is lurking and lashing out amidst the bright face of patriotic feeling, cultural and national pride, and the desire for a strong nation with prosperity and freedom...

I embrace the bright and eschew the dark, so I do not call myself a Nationalist, as it is such a loaded term.

I call myself an American whose politics are just left of center and whose values consist in trying to make my nature into my own “better angel” and act accordingly.

However, if one only looks at the smiling bright face, and chooses not to see the dark, then I can understand how calling oneself a Nationalist would represent all those shining things and not the other.

edit on 4-11-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
a reply to: djz3ro

Sorry. I was referring to the "smell". You know, of "$hite".

You were saying?

Au contraire, it's coming from the topic at hand.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

[

This is off topic but by your logic the Scottish National Party ar a violent party who believe Scottish people are the best (ironically a notion shared around the world but not so much in Scotland)

You can't label everything Nationalist as Viokent

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join