It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Single Exposure to the American Flag Shifts Support Toward Republicanism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Western civilisation bad
All other civilisations good

That’s the low-iq we’re dealing with

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm curious where does that still happen?

I am going to be 46 in a few weeks and that was thrown out in the area I grew up in when I was still in elementary school...
Ummm, the hell???

My daughter currently stands for the pledge of alliegience everyday on Kinder 😌 and damn proud of it.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Thankfully kids are forced to stand and pledge allegiance to it when they're young and impressionable and don't know any better. That's not brainwashing or indoctrination, it's patriotism!
Not a bad thing and helps reinforce our nations nationalism. This is acceptable and necessary for our nation, its our bed, our brother, our way of life. Nationalism is here to stay.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Thankfully kids are forced to stand and pledge allegiance to it when they're young and impressionable and don't know any better. That's not brainwashing or indoctrination, it's patriotism!

Well, aren't you Mister Glass-Half-Empty?!? As usual...

I've never been more excited to see Old Glory than I am right now!

What a great time to be alive!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Don't you have a mom to go all triggered on and abuse?

I'm with Irish: We've done some things wrong, still doing some of them, but we do many things right. God Bless America.
edit on 3-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Kids are also forced to walk across a pedestrian crossing when crossing the road, this does not mean that the lollipop lady is a nazi.

They are also forced by their parents to ride the bus or walk to school, this does not mean that the parents are nazis.

They are also forced to have food at nominated times, this does not mean the cafeteria ladies are soup nazis.

They are also forced to do homework or suffer great consequences, this does not mean that the school teachers are nazis.

Were you dropped on your head as a kid or something?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
For some reason the Democrats seem to have drifted away from anything patriotic.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: infolurker

The premise is that exposure to the image of the US flag can shock the commie right out of some people temporarily and the treatment can last up to 8 months!

:

Given that you guys fly your flag everywhere, yards, roofs, windows,, schools, government buildings, military buildings, libraries and then there's bumper stickers, caps, shirts, patches, jumpers etc. Surely every American sees an American flag multiple times in an 8 month period,, wouldn't that make everyone Republican all the time?

I smell $hite....

I suggest you check your shoes, Hoss. It ain't coming from over here.

How so?

You guys see the American flag, even subconsciously, in most cases several times a day (depending on several factors, including location) now those that don't see it daily are sure to see it at least once every couple of months,, correct?

If the premise laid out in the OP were true that would mean everyobe wouple vote Republican, you guys would literally clear the board, no?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
And the internet tough guy mob shows up to shout me down. Typical.

edit on 11/3/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Don't you have some liberals to get triggered over and to bash? Mr. Internet tough guy.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Who said anything about Nazi's other than you? Sounds like you've been ingesting too much media rhetoric and propaganda, it's affected your thought process so that you see the words nazi and racist where they aren't present.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Also, great examples of how our current society has destroyed the family dynamic. The state raises our kids for us, yay.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So appreciating the flag might be "nationalism" and as well all are aware, pride in ones country is racist and Nazi according to the insane left.

Really? You do know that all Muslims are terrorist too right?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: DBCowboy

So appreciating the flag might be "nationalism" and as well all are aware, pride in ones country is racist and Nazi according to the insane left.

Really? You do know that all Muslims are terrorist too right?

Nice try. Will give you a sugar cube for the attempt.

Can't really erase the hysterics being bellowed from the leftist machine prior to the election.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
For some reason the Democrats seem to have drifted away from anything patriotic.

They have been for a while.

Just Bing "banning US flag" and the stories and articles will frighten you.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Nah, bros, an image of the flag doesn't make me feel any less Libertarian today than I felt yesterday.

Sorry, but what it shows is not some majickal party switcheroo can be had, but rather, those more susceptible to stealthy brainwashing imagery tactics can fall prey to them when the trigger image is shown.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

And the internet tough guy mob shows up to shout me down. Typical.

I'm still curious where is it mandated? They removed it from where I grew up 37byears or so ago, and then removed the moment of silence when I was in high school.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You must live in another country then because when I was in school you were sent to detention for not standing and pledging allegiance.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Nope born and raised in Florida.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join