It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heitkamp endorses state Dems' false claim that ND's hunters could lose licenses if they vote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

So some Democrat puts an ad on Facebook that claims if a voter votes, they might lose their hunting license.

The ad came from the North Dakota State Democrat Party apparently.

Then the U.S. Senator from ND Heidi Heitkamp seems to get all confused about the realities !!

Heidi is way behind in the polls too and she wonders why 😆

Watch the darling in the video and see if you would vote for her !! 😆

Heitkamp endorses state Dems' false claim that ND's hunters could lose licenses if they vote

In the latest gaffe in her bid for re-election, U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D., endorsed false claims made in a Facebook ad paid for by her state's Democratic Party that say the state’s hunters could lose their hunting licenses in nearby states if they vote Tuesday.

Heitkamp, who’s trailing Republican challenger Kevin Cramer on average by 11 points, hasn't backpedaled from the endorsement, telling reporters that it is “really important that people understand the consequences of voting.”

She also said the ad is true. “Voting means you are a resident, it means you pay taxes here, it means that if you want a residential hunting license in Minnesota, it means you’re not going to get that, if you vote here,” Heitkamp said.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, it's a secret ballot...how does this even work??

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The fact that a person voted isn't secret, just who they voted for.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It’s stuff like this that is exactly why every single Democrat across the country needs to get out on Tuesday November 13th and vote early and vote often... this nonsense needs to end... 😜👍

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
well there goes 10,000 votes for her.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I’m confused, because it does make sense in a way.
If you place a vote in North Dakota, but actually live in Minnesota, somehow Minnesota will be notified you are now a North Dakota resident because you voted there.
So now you file for your hunting license in Minnesota and it shows you are from North Dakota based on your voting.

And now I’ve gone cross eyed. Give me a drink.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Another victim of TDS. Something really needs to be done about this. The CDC should be militarized to deal with this.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
I’m confused, because it does make sense in a way.
If you place a vote in North Dakota, but actually live in Minnesota, somehow Minnesota will be notified you are now a North Dakota resident because you voted there.
So now you file for your hunting license in Minnesota and it shows you are from North Dakota based on your voting.

And now I’ve gone cross eyed. Give me a drink.

Yet somehow I managed to follow your reasoning
Sleep deprivation I guess

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

So now we have actual voter suppression. By Democrats. Discouraging people from voting by lying.

Nearly every state in the U.S. offers out-of-state residents a hunting license. North Dakota residents can obtain nonresident hunting licenses in other states regardless of whether they vote. All states that border North Dakota offer such a license for nonresidents.

www.usnews.com...

A spokesman for the North Dakota Game and Fish Department said it was not involved in the ad and didn't back the message.

“I don’t know what they’re talking about,” Robert Timian, the chief game warden, told Fox News.

He said he wasn’t aware of any similar ads in the past.

North Dakota Secretary of State Al Jaeger also told political blogger Rob Port he’s never heard such a claim before.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So I am sure FB has pulled the ads? Can anyone confirm?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I wonder if she has realized yet that the only people listening to her are her supporters?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What's the issue? It's a stupid and misleading ad. But, of course you won't get a residential license in Minnesota if you are a resident (and voter) in North Dakota. It has ZERO to do with non-resident hunting licenses which is what everyone who lives in North Dakota and wants to hunt in Minnesota gets...

?

Heidi said you won't get a resident license - or you'd lose a resident license, which is just obvious. Nothing to do with non-resident licenses.

Also, for the record, I was going to vote for Cramer pre-Kavanaugh. Now I've already voted for Heitkamp.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
Now I've already voted for Heitkamp.

⚔🤦⚔

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

It's a misleading ad intended to prevent people from voting. That's the problem.

How did Kavanaugh figure into your decision?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

If you vote on Tuesday, you will be punished by democrats.

(thought I'd shorten your OP a bit.)

edit on 3-11-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

He stated himself his credibility was ruined for life. That's not a person I wanted on the court. Heitkamp voted against and all I've seen from Cramer here is Trump-droning, it's as if he doesn't have a brain of his own. /shrug

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

He stated himself his credibility was ruined for life. That's not a person I wanted on the court. Heitkamp voted against and all I've seen from Cramer here is Trump-droning, it's as if he doesn't have a brain of his own. /shrug

So someone made up false accusations and could not provide any evidence at all and you will only vote for someone who goes along with that?

It was 4 boys that assaulted her.
It was 2 boys and 4 people at the party.
It was 4 boys and a couple of girls at the party.
It was 2 boys that assaulted her and there were 2 other boys and her friend at the party with them.

So can you please tell me which those statements was the one you believed?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

So someone made up false accusations and could not provide any evidence at all and you will only vote for someone who goes along with that?

It was 2 boys that assaulted her and there were 2 other boys and her friend at the party with them.

I didn't believe a word from anyone in that hearing. It was a sh!tshow.

Kavanaugh didn't deserve the treatment he got. But he also showed a temperament that should not exist on the Supreme Court.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Kavanaugh didn't deserve the treatment he got. But he also showed a temperament that should not exist on the Supreme Court.

He showed the exact temperament I want to exist. Someone who will vehemently defend something under assault. He had every right to be angry.

Or should men not have emotions? I don't want a robot making decisions, I want a person who loves this country.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

He showed the exact temperament I want to exist. Someone who will vehemently defend something under assault. He had every right to be angry.

Or should men not have emotions? I don't want a robot making decisions, I want a person who loves this country.

Yes, he can have and express his emotions all he wants. He has every right to all of them.

His emotionality showed clearly, however, his partisanship (the democrat conspiracy against the President business he spoke of) and his inability to maintain composure under pressure. A better option existed, surely.

Anyway, he's in and it doesn't matter now...and this thread is about resident/non-resident hunting licenses and some Dem ad in ND.

So....probably enough about a done deal...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join