It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Evidence of Ramps for Pyramid Construction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
www.iflscience.com...

Just north of modern-day Luxor, an important clue has been stumbled upon. For the first time, archeologists have discovered evidence of a sloped ramp with two sets of steps and numerous postholes on either side that was clearly used to help hoist blocks from a quarry via a sled. With the help of manpower and ropes, the wooden posts were used to leverage the sled uphill.

As per an announcement by Egypt’s Ministry of Antiquities on Wednesday, it is simple yet clear evidence of a "unique system" to move and pull blocks. Ramps seem like an obvious answer to the question, and archeologists have long theorized that they were heavily relied on during the pyramid’s construction, but this is the first time that researchers have actually discovered physical evidence of their use.

As previous studies have shown, it’s likely that the ancient Egyptians used large sleds and ropes to pull the pyramid’s 2.5-ton building blocks and statues across the desert. It’s then likely that they poured a small amount of water across the sand to significantly reduces the sliding friction, a neat little trick that allowed the Egyptians to cut the number of workers needed by half.

amazing how those ancients could do stuff.
lots of Bible scholars suggest the Hebrews did a lot of work; don't know if the time lines up.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ramps would require more material to build than the amount of limestone blocks that
are in the construction of the pyramid. There is significant amounts of granite inside the pyramid that would require more
lifting force than limestone blocks would require.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I bet they had help from above top build those

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Wouldn't this find explain how they moved rocks out of the quarry. I'm missing the leap to building the pyramids.

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I hear the Egyptians are ticked off about the findings, basically saying the Pyramids are a hill of rubble capped with stones. I guess they liked the idea that the pyramids were some magnificent hollowed out buildings with secret passages. Plays better with the tourists. Although at least one pyramid does contain a few passages and rooms.

Fits my theory, though

blogs.nature.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-11-2018 by I8THATAPPLEFRITTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You are talking about the latest announcement that a scientist discovered that there was 4 times as much quarried for the pyramids as required. But no sign of leftover debris. Scientist came to the conclusion of how the pyramids were built. Ramps were interior with debris used as fill. With stones set in from backside.

Apparently the findings burst a few bubbles, Pretty much puts to rest that the Pyramids were ever meant or used as Tombs.

King and Queens Tombs. in the pyramids Hilarious.

www.youtube.com...

Terrible Map of tunnels and rooms

Carved out Fresh water holding wells

Garrison headquarters, bunkhouse, storage room

edit on 4-11-2018 by I8THATAPPLEFRITTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
edit on 4-11-2018 by I8THATAPPLEFRITTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ramps, yeah, well, duh...

new topics

top topics

join