It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do People living in the USA ILLEGALLY Actually VOTE in U.S. Elections?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There are more illegals living in CA then the whole population in many states, and people suggest they would not be political, would not want to support getting people in favor of them into office?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
I think the EU mandated the ID carrying.

I don't think so, as the opposite happened in Portugal, we had to have our ID with us all the time, now that they changed the ID cards for the new (electronic) version we are not required to have it with us all the time.

Just for a comparison, in Portugal only registered people can vote, and you need to show some ID or have two witnesses confirming you are who you pretend to be.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
You have to carry ID as well?
That's #ed up man, in the UK we don't have to carry ID, on foot or driving.
I love refusing to give my name to cops because I don't have to.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Driving you don't? Driving is a privilege that requires a license. I understand walking etc, the old show me your papers thingg, but driving is a different thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Driving you don't? Driving is a privilege that requires a license. I understand walking etc, the old show me your papers thingg, but driving is a different thing.

Nope driving you don't have to carry your licence in the UK, you get 7 days to produce it at a police station if they even ask. They already know you are legal from the police licence plate computer record.
I've never had to produce my licence, they just accepted my story. Britain is the land of the free not the US lol.
edit on 3-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: clarity

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I've never had to produce my licence, they just accepted my story. Britain is the land of the free not the US lol.

Well you still do by law whether they ask or not or if you take up to 7 days to physically show it. You don't need to show any ID in the US too, so I'm not sure how UK is freer...lol

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well you still do by law whether they ask or not or if you take up to 7 days to physically show it. You don't need to show any ID in the US too, so I'm not sure how UK is freer...lol

I can refuse to give a cop my name if I'm walking in the street, you can't lol.
Land of the free my arse lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You have to carry ID as well?

No, read what I wrote.

We had to carry ID (a reminiscence from the fascist regime that lasted for 48 years, when people even had to present a reason for being in a district that was not the one on record), now we do not have to carry ID all the time.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here's an article which states that 39 million social security numbers were stolen by illegal immigrants. They probably don't have a hard time voting. Also, the 2nd link shows that many dead people are voting Democrat as well. This is just one of multiple articles online regarding dead voters in multiple areas. Basically, most Americans are for things like God given natural rights (privacy/property rights), as well as, free market capitalism & the constitution, including due-process, 2nd amendment, electoral college, etc.. The Democrat politicians know that the majority of Americans support these things, so they have to get illegal & dead voters to vote for them in order to retain power. This is why they want open borders.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

townhall.com...
edit on 3-11-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
How are people who are NOT CITIZENS of the United States able to vote? Here in Illinois, you have to register to vote. Do people living in this country illegally, willingly expose themselves to that scrutiny/process, just to vote in USA elections?

I can answer your questions, carewemust.

When Congress enacted the Help America Vote Act (HAVA), in 2002, they included the following provisions to *cough* safeguard the votes of eligible voters, requiring the states to register certain applicants under "special" circumstances (bolded):

(B) Safeguards to ensure that eligible voters are not removed in error from the official list of eligible voters.

(5) VERIFICATION OF VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION.—

(A) REQUIRING PROVISION OF CERTAIN INFORMATION BY APPLICANTS.—

(i) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in clause (ii), notwithstanding any other provision of law, an application for voter registration for an election for Federal office may not be accepted or processed by a State unless the application includes:

(I) in the case of an applicant who has been issued a current and valid driver’s license, the applicant’s driver’s license number; or

(II) in the case of any other applicant (other than an applicant to whom clause (ii) applies), the last 4 digits of the applicant’s social security number.

(ii) SPECIAL RULE FOR APPLICANTS WITHOUT DRIVER’S LICENSE OR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER.—If an applicant for voter registration for an election for Federal office has not been issued a current and valid driver’s license or a social security number, the State shall assign the applicant a number which will serve to identify the applicant for voter registration purposes. To the extent that the State has a computerized list in effect under this subsection and the list assigns unique identifying numbers to registrants, the number assigned under this clause shall be the unique identifying number assigned under the list.

(iii) DETERMINATION OF VALIDITY OF NUMBERS PROVIDED.—The State shall determine whether the information provided by an individual is sufficient to meet the requirements of this subparagraph, in accordance with State law.

But I have yet to find any state, in the handful of states I've researched, that has any system in place to verify the eligibility of applicants that don't provide a Driver's License Number or Social Security Number when applying to register to vote.

When those numbers ARE provided, the vast majority of states participate in the HAVV (Help America Vote Verification) system to cross-check them with what's on record at the SSA and also with each state's Driver's License/State-Issued ID database.

But, otherwise, it would take mail returned by the Post Office to throw up any red flags and that would only apply to applicants who don't provide a legitimate mailing address.

How it can work to allow someone ineligible to vote can be demonstrated using California's laws, regulations, policies:

In California, if you do not provide either a SS# or DL#/ID# on your application to register to vote, you are issued a Voter Identification Number (pursuant to the HAVA), and mailed a Voter Notification Card...

...AND then you can use that Voter Notification Card as ID at the polls when you go vote.

All without ever providing any identification that can be verified. All you need is a valid mailing address.

So, there is no scrutiny/process.

See what Congress did there? And it was all for our own good, they say. They definitely won't use the gigantic loophole they created to cheat because they are ethical.

edit on 11/3/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Land of the free my arse lol.

I do not need to give a cop my name or any information. I do not need to have any ID on me in the least.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That applies to the verification of the registration, but for people like me, that do not live in the US and do not know the process, what kind of information is given in a registration application?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Here is a federal voter registration application for Federal elections: Link

As far as what I was pointing out in my comment, the relevant part is Item (6) on the application.

Under Item (6) you'll see this:

ID Number - (See item 6 in the instructions for your state)

When you go to the instructions and find your state, you will see that under Item 6., if you do not provide a SS# or DL#, a voter notification number will be assigned to you by the state.

Here is Item 6. under Alabama's Instructions, for example:

6. ID Number. If you have one, you must provide your Alabama driver's license number or Alabama nondriver identi cation card number. If you do not have an Alabama driver's license or nondriver identi cation card, you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. If you have not been issued any of these numbers you must write the word "NONE" and a unique identifier will be provided for you.

ETA: And pursuant to the HAVA, you cannot be denied registration for not providing a SS# and DL#/ID#.
edit on 11/3/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Here is a federal voter registration application for Federal elections: Link

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

As far as what I was pointing out in my comment, the relevant part is Item (6) on the application.

No need to repeat it, I got it the first time, I just wanted to know what other information is included on that computerised list they make with the people that didn't show a valid ID.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

November 3, 2018

Leading up to this Tuesday's mid-term elections, there has been a lot of "chatter" regarding the effect that people in this country illegally, have on society.

One thing people keep saying, is that illegal aliens DO VOTE, and they VOTE DEMOCRAT. To give credence to that theory, a correlation has been made between where Illegal Aliens live, and where most Democrat votes are cast in this country.

A Visual to Illustrate: twitter.com...

How are people who are NOT CITIZENS of the United States able to vote? Here in Illinois, you have to register to vote. Do people living in this country illegally, willingly expose themselves to that scrutiny/process, just to vote in USA elections?

Sidebar: It looks like crime is more prevalent in those areas too.

-CareWeMust

That correlation doesn’t prove what you are saying, at all. Correlation isn’t causation. More likely it’s because democrat majority places vote for more social services and sanctuary city type policies.

Thanks for the feedback and logic. So it's just an urban legend that illegal aliens vote in U.S. elections?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Nope driving you don't have to carry your licence in the UK, you get 7 days to produce it at a police station if they even ask. They already know you are legal from the police licence plate computer record.
Right like not being able to exercise free speech there.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

November 3, 2018

Leading up to this Tuesday's mid-term elections, there has been a lot of "chatter" regarding the effect that people in this country illegally, have on society.

One thing people keep saying, is that illegal aliens DO VOTE, and they VOTE DEMOCRAT. To give credence to that theory, a correlation has been made between where Illegal Aliens live, and where most Democrat votes are cast in this country.

-CareWeMust

That correlation doesn’t prove what you are saying, at all. Correlation isn’t causation. More likely it’s because democrat majority places vote for more social services and sanctuary city type policies.

Thanks for the feedback and logic. So it's just an urban legend that illegal aliens vote in U.S. elections?
I don’t know either way to be honest. I’m not sure what the evidence is, although I haven’t really looked into it.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

November 3, 2018

-CareWeMust

I don’t know either way to be honest. I’m not sure what the evidence is, although I haven’t really looked into it.

Interestingly, I came across this article tonight, explaining how the University of Wisconsin is printing and disbursing voter ID cards for NON-U.S. Citizens.

Source: twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's a tweet, not an article.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I suspect it is entirely possible for illegals to vote.
Especially if they have a driver's license.

When you move in my state, and either change your address at the Sec. of State, or the USPS, they send the change to the voter rolls.
Seems plausible you could get entered to vote at that point, with no question as to your legal status or citizenship.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join