It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do People living in the USA ILLEGALLY Actually VOTE in U.S. Elections?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
November 3, 2018

Leading up to this Tuesday's mid-term elections, there has been a lot of "chatter" regarding the effect that people in this country illegally, have on society.

One thing people keep saying, is that illegal aliens DO VOTE, and they VOTE DEMOCRAT. To give credence to that theory, a correlation has been made between where Illegal Aliens live, and where most Democrat votes are cast in this country.

A Visual to Illustrate: twitter.com...

How are people who are NOT CITIZENS of the United States able to vote? Here in Illinois, you have to register to vote. Do people living in this country illegally, willingly expose themselves to that scrutiny/process, just to vote in USA elections?

Sidebar: It looks like crime is more prevalent in those areas too.

-CareWeMust

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Welp, I see that this thread is in the correct forum. Skunkworks.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I lived and worked in Mexico for a few years. I have their equivalent to our green card.

Voting was filled with corruption until Mexico began to issue voter ID cards. These are not like our voter registration cards. Mexican voter ID cards are issued only to Mexican citizens. They look like our drivers license cards complete with hologram. It is the only acceptable id for everything such as buying airline tickets, cashing checks, rental agreements and also voting. Mexico issues drivers licenses but other than driving it’s not acceptable proof of identity for anything. If you are not a Mexican citizen you must present your passport to prove identity.

Funny how Mexico is so strict in this regards.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well yeah. Why do you think the leftists and liberals were outraged at the idea of people being required to show IDs in order to vote? Why do you think their argument against it was that it was "racist"?
Many states don't require any ID to vote, so a lot of illegal voting takes place from illegal immigrants. To put that another way, ELECTION MEDDLING BY FOREIGN NATIONALS.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Twas intentional.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
November 3, 2018

Leading up to this Tuesday's mid-term elections, there has been a lot of "chatter" regarding the effect that people in this country illegally, have on society.

One thing people keep saying, is that illegal aliens DO VOTE, and they VOTE DEMOCRAT. To give credence to that theory, a correlation has been made between where Illegal Aliens live, and where most Democrat votes are cast in this country.

A Visual to Illustrate: twitter.com...

How are people who are NOT CITIZENS of the United States able to vote? Here in Illinois, you have to register to vote. Do people living in this country illegally, willingly expose themselves to that scrutiny/process, just to vote in USA elections?

Sidebar: It looks like crime is more prevalent in those areas too.

-CareWeMust

That correlation doesn’t prove what you are saying, at all. Correlation isn’t causation. More likely it’s because democrat majority places vote for more social services and sanctuary city type policies.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Do you have a supporting thought as to why this is fake? So the rest of us not as enlightened ones can catch up to your level of Uber understanding.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Trump should send ICE to the polls

With a big patty wagon

Use our tax dollars for to reduce our tax burden by getting the criminals out of this country

www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Trump should send ICE to the polls

With a big patty wagon

Use our tax dollars for to reduce our tax burden by getting the criminals out of this country

www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

The Netherlands operates exactly the same way. If I have an appointment with the council, the only ID that is accepted is my British passport. To vote in national elections you must be a Dutch citizen and register beforehand. All Dutch citizens must carry a valid ID at all times too. Their country, their rules. I like it here so I comply. Voting doesn't interest me so I'm good with it.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There have been small scale audits that have led to arrests of illegal aliens illegally voting so the short answer is yes.In most cases it involves absentee ballots and stolen identities. The bigger question is what is the true extent of it. That question can't be answered until larger scale audits are conducted.

There was a push for it after the Presidential election but it lost momentum. It seemed to lose momentum when the preliminary audits investigating known irregularities started uncovering more human errors and voter fraud. At that point political will power to stop the auditing dug in.

edit on 3-11-2018 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
No ID required to vote in the UK. If I knew a mate wasn't going to vote I could just pretend to be him at his local polling place giving his name and address.
The system here is well open to abuse.
...crazy the Dutch have to carry ID, we don't in Britain, can even refuse to give your name to the cops if they have no reason to arrest you. I always refuse, just because I can.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I think the EU mandated the ID carrying. It's a 90 euro fine if you cannot produce when legally obliged to do so by law-enforcement. I can't afford a 90 euro fine.

ETA Go Brexit!
edit on 3/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I think the EU mandated the ID carrying. It's a 90 euro fine if you cannot produce when legally obliged to do so by law-enforcement. I can't afford a 90 euro fine.

don't know what constitutes 'legally obliged' to show ID but I hate the thought of having to have papers everywhere I go. sounds all gestapo.

I do support strict voter ID policies.
I've heard all sorts of stories about precincts in which Obama got more votes than there were registered voters. something wrong with that picture.

I appreciate idealism but non-citizens should NOT be allowed to vote in a given country.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So to summarize....

illegals = democrat voter = criminals = higher crime in those areas

I see what you did there.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

In certain cities just walking through a certain inner-city area can qualify. Being caught doing something illegal too, simple things like peeing in the street, riding a bike at night with no lights, etc. The minimum fine is 90 euros/dollar/pounds. I don't make the rules.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Why would people who are here illegally risk being deported just to vote?

Serious question. In my time working landscaping, farming etc I worked with what has to be in the hundreds of illegal immigrants and none of them would mess up their money by taking a chance that they might get sent back.

They aren’t here to leach off the welfare system, they’re here to work and send money back to their families. The majority aren’t going to risk their families ability to eat just to vote for somebody in America.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

ETA Go Brexit!

Lmao, I understand that, 90 quid is 90 quid!

UK is well different. Most recent interaction with cops:

Cop: Can I take your details?
Me: No.
Cop: Why not?
Me: Because I don't have to give you that information.
Cop: Why are you being obstructive?
Me: Because I can legally. Arrest me for suspicion of a crime and I'll tell you, otherwise walk away.

Britain really is the land of the free, you couldn't get away with that in the pretend land of the free.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I have one word for you. Coffeeshop.

(I realise this post may be removed.)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Lol, it's like Amsterdam in my parts as de facto law these days, nobody cares anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join