It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan going backwards.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This Christian lady who was fitted up for blasphemy has had her conviction overturned after Eight lovely years in Jail. Her lawyer has had to flee Pakistan because of the backward protests from some who think this Lady should be executed. She is due release next week but it has now been stipulated she cannot leave the country . She has even been offered asylum in a few countries. I would try to escape if possible. This type of backward action is what causes some terrorism IMHO.

The lawyer representing a Christian woman acquitted of blasphemy after eight years on death row has fled Pakistan in fear for his life. Saif Mulook told news agency AFP he had to leave so he could continue to represent Asia Bibi, whose conviction was overturned by judges on Wednesday. Officials have since agreed to bar Ms Bibi from leaving Pakistan in order to end violent protests over the ruling. Campaigners blasted the deal as akin to signing her "death warrant". Asia Bibi was convicted in 2010 of insulting the Prophet Muhammad during a row with neighbours, and many are calling for the reinstatement of the death penalty following her acquittal. Mr Mulook told the BBC earlier this week she would need to move to a Western country for her own safety. A number of attempts have previously been made on her life. Several countries have offered her asylum.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I figure she should be evac'd.....secretly....her and her loved ones and her excellent outlook....her complainers said mohamed forbids her young azz....for..putting a cup into the water bucket......and she went off telling em about this fugging Mohamed sob dumb sob

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ah, the joys of Islam.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Not sure Pakistan has gone forwards since the days of Empire , the fact they are a Nuclear armed country concerns me more than any of the so called rogue nations.

Officials have since agreed to bar Ms Bibi from leaving Pakistan in order to end violent protests over the ruling.

Probably because protesters have called for their deaths too , if the mob find and kill her then end of problem.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah I'm more than a bit concerned that a nuclear capable country is basically being run into the ground by a group of barbarians.

That's not to say they were much better before this, but I had no idea just how much Islam was a huge driving force in Pakistan now. Could we see s regime change in the next 5 years maybe?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Let's clean our own backyard before declaring backwardness in other nations.
As for nukes, statistically, they're not the ones the world needs to worry about

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
I figure she should be evac'd.....secretly....her and her loved ones and her excellent outlook....her complainers said mohamed forbids her young azz....for..putting a cup into the water bucket......and she went off telling em about this fugging Mohamed sob dumb sob

A medieval health and safety rule that becomes a religious rule. By putting a cup in a water bucket she potentially contaminates the water bucket. Then she flips off about Mohammed to the elders for providing advice. I could see why they get annoyed.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Post removed by ATS staff

edit on 5/11/18 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

holy schnikes...they just sentenced her to death by mob. Not to mention that the judges are going to need protection for the rest of their lives...apparently some of her family has already left Pakistan...But damn that's harsh to sentence her to stay.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hmmm, third world problems 😕

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

A medieval health and safety rule that becomes a religious rule. By putting a cup in a water bucket she potentially contaminates the water bucket. Then she flips off about Mohammed to the elders for providing advice. I could see why they get annoyed.

Are you seriously defending the accusers in this case? Seriously?
I understand that in a country with certain rules you have to behave accordingly. But to get killed just because you say "Mohammed and his short dick liked to # children" goes too far.
edit on 3-11-2018 by Peeple because: O

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
As for nukes, statistically, they're not the ones the world needs to worry about

Do you ever comment on topic ?
Is this about nukes or a lady Christian in Pakistan convicted for blasphemy ?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Do you ever comment on topic ?
Is this about nukes or a lady Christian in Pakistan convicted for blasphemy ?

Nukes were brought up because Pakistan is supposedly going backwards from an objective standpoint from one incident. Going backwards to me is more like killing because of faith and race, look no further than a week ago. Mass murders on religious grounds, mass murder on racial grounds ; not in Pakistan.

As for nukes worries because they are "going backwards", let's fear the war mongers and actual nuke dropper instead.

So no, religious rifts and schisms aren't what going backwards entails, maybe stagnant, but not backwards.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I know it is a generalization but they say a picture paints 1000 words, well these words look like they are filled with hate because someones sky fairy was denounced

Religion in my house is seen as stupid, regardless of which story book you reading from

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Pakistan is doing it wrong.

There you go. FIXED the title.

These arrogant misleading pakis is doing something that goes against Islam.

edit on 3-11-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

She might want to assault a guard and stay in jail where its safer.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
And these dribbling foaming at the mouth men are the types we let into the UK
Nice
I've decided...religion and politics are mental illnesses

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Pakistan is doing it wrong.

There you go. FIXED the title.

These arrogant misleading pakis is doing something that goes against Islam.

Are you having a joke Joker ?
" Pakis " Is a derogatory term.
Islam seems the problem to me. A backwards religion in Pakistan because those hardliners seem supported by most men and count the marching women in the Video have one hand ready.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I believe it's time for the bright Trumphammed star to shine and start acting
edit on 3-11-2018 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It's easy for Pakistan to go backwards as they have been backwards for many years already so they haven't had far to go to begin with. Like many Muslim countries, there are endemic and barbaric practices still in control of their "culture". Ignorance and lack of education by choice, women treated as chattel, children indoctrinated in religious schools rather than educational schools are putting them back into a place that resembles the middle ages.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join