It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long would your pet wait before eating you if it was starving?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter
Yep, she chooses me to run to when the chips are down lol
I reckon a few people in my street think she is their cat as well.
She's funny though, I live on a hilltop/cliff in the center of town and she follows me down when I go shopping. I even put on a local facebook page "If you see this cat she is not a stray in town" because people think they get lost, no cats get lost, they know exactly what they are doing.
'Mine' certainly does, and she chooses me as her main residence, I don't 'keep' her if you know what I mean, she's just my furry mate.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Ummm...well...at the very least...until dinner...

Especially if I fell on her dinner dish...she’d be like...steak...ribs...chops...Rocky Mountain oysters...

And to hell with the table manners...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Too hypothetical

Bored to tears ....huh?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
PMSL!!!

I had to google Rocky Mountain oysters! Yes, I can see how your dog would think haha!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Too hypothetical

Bored to tears ....huh?
Oh lighten up mate, it was a light hearted question in an off-topic forum ffs.
I'm not bored, I'm killing time before going to watch my son play rugby and enjoying a few pints.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

as long as it has his instincts, it would eat you. for us as human beings its more complex but i did happen. see the survivors of the airplane crash in the andes (1972). some of them eat their dead mates, some can't. fascinating story tough.
edit on 3-11-2018 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Ummm...can I tag along...I mean...I could give two effs for the rugby...

However...pints is a sport I just might be able to excell at...

Besides...I’ve always wanted to practice quaffing...I hear it’s a good way to finish a round...

Not only that...hoisting pints sounds like a good workout...

I could practice my...piss off...should be good for a laugh...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo
I've read that story, and also had a conversation with mates that if they were ever in that position they could eat me to stay alive if I had died. We all agreed. Horrible thought I know, but good when friends reach agreement over stuff like that.
...my cat would eat me while I was still warm

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yes, they only get lost if someone takes them with them and they loose track of their way. Many think because a cat is looking nice and is drawn to humans, it must be a dumb housecat who can´t find it´s way home.

I fell for this, too, once upon a time. A great example how you can do "harm" by trying to "help".

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

No idea what it's called, but I remember watching a great film based on that,

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...can I tag along
Haha yes mate!
Good exercise lifting glasses, and the local ale is only £2 a pint at the clubhouse bar.
Don't fall asleep drunk anywhere though, there is a rugby club cat and she is a killer...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Haha yes!
I often wonder who else feeds my cat when she disappears for a couple of days. I know she's good at catching rats etc but for sure she is blagging other humans as well while out.
She has no collar, tried it once and she went mental, had ripped it off within half an hour, I'd never do that to her again.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

we assumed too, so our little boy is names lizzy.... lol
one thing about bearded dragons that isn't so cool though...
you kind of need electricity, for their special lighting and to keep them warm.
no good when you live in an area there even the slightest wind seems to have the power to knock your power off for the day.
you end up playing hot rock for the day for the thing just trying to keep him warm.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
i dont own other meat eaters it keeps the balance of power ... they all know dinner is a one way trip if there invited

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Colars can be death traps to them. My neighbor had a dog on a chain and it jumped down a wall that is only 1m high and hanged itself while doing it.

This is why you don´t chain up dogs and why you don´t give free roaming cat´s a colar.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
Lizzy, love it!
Lot more work with dragons compared to cats. Mine just comes and goes, ten years or so never had fleas or worms, never been to the vet, I've fixed her injuries like rat bites...even trying to get her in a pet carry box would be impossible without welding gloves on lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Gosh that is an awful story!
My Molly is free roaming with no collar, probably how she blags food off other houses, people may think she is stray lol.
Right, off to rugby now, catch up later with tales of killer cats or whatever.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is crazy, but when I replied earlier the cat was laying next to me, I went out the back for a smoke and she followed me outside and bang, she caught this poor little sod, this is the second one I've managed to save from her, 4-2 to the cat so-far, 😥

She gets to keep the tail, that's *snipped* now, but I'll take the rest of it to the fields at the back with my daughter in a wee bit 👍

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Like people animal's, dog's and cat's have emotion's and will sometime's pine away to there death refusing to eat or even drink until they die themselves.
Like people it depend's upon the individual and how much they loved there master or friend if you prefer.
There are many tale's of Dog's dying after either there owner or another dog they have lived with there whole life passed away and sometime's there is nothing the vet can do, there is no physical illness it is simply emotional distress.
Some dog's will also stay by there owner even if that mean's lying on there owners grave day and night such as the famous Greyfriars Bobby.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.dailymail.co.uk...

It all depend's on the individual and how strong there bond is to there owner/friend.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Pets range from many sizes, but it one falls ill and is helpless, I'm sure a dog or cat will help themselves.
The fact is we really don't know what will happen at that time in the circle of life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join