It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cerns true goal

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

That's not a bet that's a given. LoL

Humans love to advance new and better ways of killing and controlling one another, been that way throughout recorded history.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Of course one can walk away from knowledge.

Yes,

but you said to walk away from it and leave it as unknown.

Knowledge means to know.

You cannot walk away from knowledge and leave it as unknown because it already known.

You can walk away from knowledge, its displayed in ATS daily, however you cannot leave it as unknown when its already known.

When someone realized the consequences of learning how to split an atom, that was the time to think about it and perhaps close shop and go down the pub for a drink and game of darts instead.

But that knowledge doesn't become unknown does it?

Its still knowledge we know but have walked away from and chosen to use other means.

Though it would be nice if science or anyone else for that matter just stopped occasionally and said to themselves; "Should we really do this?"

Stopping and talking to one self is something a human can do.

Science not so much.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

That's not a bet that's a given. LoL

Humans love to advance new and better ways of killing and controlling one another, been that way throughout recorded history.

Heh, heh, and probably before.

I'll buy you a beer for good luck that your right. It is a wager I would like to loose.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yes, perhaps they should but it is not going to happen, what with human nature being what it is.

I give an example - Garlic Beer. Yes, it is a thing. Yes, we can make it. But should we? Absolutely not. Trust me on this.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I take your point on knowledge. One can not unknow something.

Perhaps I should have said: As soon as we realise where something can go.

Like when driving our car on a saturday night and realising that our shortcut off the freeway will take us through that really bad part of town.

Sometimes it is not too late to turn around.

edit on 6-11-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Garlic beer? That is just wrong

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Here it is. Can't understand all the good reviews. What is wrong with these people?

The Garlic Farm (Black) Garlic Beer

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Perhaps I should have said: As soon as we realise where something can go. Like when driving our car on a saturday night and realising that our shortcut off the freeway will take us through that really bad part of town. Sometimes it is not too late to turn around.

I get what you are trying to say but it seems you are failing to think of a few things and simplifying it.

the main word you should focus on is "can"

Your shortcut 'can' get you in trouble or it 'can' save you time.

everything has probability,

The risks involved are determined by the urgency.

So for example, if you have to get home on Saturday night because your kids are being murdered by the baby sitter then taking that risk may not be as much of an issue to you. It wont even be a risk, taking the long way ion this case is the risk.

the outcome will favor what you have your mind set on, what your goal is because everything you are doing is directed to that goal.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Prototype for a transporter.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

(smile) Geez your really trying to pin me down with reason here InhaleExhale.So just in fun, I'll take inspiration from your user name and suggest that science should learn to just stop and inhale and exhale, inhale and exhale, then think about what it is doing.

Yes, it does come down to calculated risk.

However if, as Athlonsavage suggests and this is a case of replicating the technology of the ancients, we should wonder why that civilisation no longer exists.

If that civilisation came to grief, one should understand why.

If there "Lam" of the "Crow's" infamous invocation is involved with CERN, that should ring alarm bells.

But logically your right, everything we do is calculated risk followed with consequences. For every action there is an equal reaction.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

That garlic beer is brewed on an island away from normal people is probably a good thing.

Garlic Beer - the perfect beverage for serving guests you don't actually like."

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

However if, as Athlonsavage suggests and this is a case of replicating the technology of the ancients,

No indication, whatsoever, that it is.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

So at lattitude 0 Velocity = 2*Pi*6371000* 7.489 * [Cos0/(1-Cos (90-0))] = 299792458 *[1] =299792458

1-Cos (90-Y)

That expression is Frequency A divided by Frequency B
E =MC^2
take a cursory guess the equation to solve will need to look something like this

squarerootM1*Radius2/squarerootM2 *Radius 1 = f1/f2* CosY*CosZ*FreqB*FreqC/FreqA*FredD

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage
Stop.
Just stop.

You are bad at math.
edit on 11/7/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

However if, as Athlonsavage suggests and this is a case of replicating the technology of the ancients,

No indication, whatsoever, that it is.

You know Phage, there isn't actually any laws against reserecting old knowledge. Civil or "spiritual".

There is probably only one rule for this world: Big penalties for introducing new knowledge from outside. That applies to the "Crow's Lam" for instance. That is the only rule I know off.

Not even karma applies except if your Hindu or Buddhist and then by choice.

My understanding is that it really is as Hassan bin Sabbah observed "Nothing is Forbidden, everything is allowed."

So it is okay to rebuild Shiva's original weaponry if anyone wants to, it has been done before. Not saying CERN is doing that by the way.

Really it is just a case of the thread looking in CERN's closet for skeletons.

edit on 7-11-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: enlarged

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Really it is just a case of the thread looking in CERN's closet for skeletons.
While using numerology (badly done) and math (done worse, if possible) to do so. Perfect.

But it is is Skunk Works. So I will acquiesce.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

While using numerology (badly done) and math (done worse, if possible) to do so. Perfect.

Cough cough splutter choke!

Phage! How can you say that after sending me to that link a page or two ago?

That link went to a website with strange arcane and mysterious looking sigils and symbols. They mixed in letters with numbers. Looked like magic to me. Yep magicks!

You COULD have warned me!

I was lucky and did not actually need the garlic necklace and wooden stakes.

And supposedly an innocent mathematics formula? I know what arithmetic looks like Phage.

Edit below

But it is is Skunk Works. So I will acquiesce

Very noble of you Phage. You actually are a fun guy to have around sometimes.

edit on 7-11-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: added edit

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
2^0.5 and
makes for creating a interesting number sequence.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

(smile) Geez your really trying to pin me down with reason here InhaleExhale.

When the logic you show in the way you talk about science what is one supposed to do.

Yes I can ignore it or address it.

I choose the later.

Maybe you do it on purpose because now for the 3rd time just with interacting with me you talk about science as being a conscious entity

So just in fun, I'll take inspiration from your user name and suggest that science should learn to just stop and inhale and exhale, inhale and exhale, then think about what it is doing.

science should learn and stop and think?

?

However if, as Athlonsavage suggests and this is a case of replicating the technology of the ancients, we should wonder why that civilisation no longer exists.

What makes their suggestion any more valid that that gas I pass after eating baked beans?

Seriously?

What makes their suggestion even come close explaining what a particle accelerator is to say its doing what they claim?

I can do the same and suggest that the scientists at CERN are attempting resurrect unicorns,

some scientists are afraid that smashing the particles together will create fairy dust which is used by trolls that can gather the dust via inter-dimensional teleportation troll tech. to create and open portals to our dimension in which they can travel through and invade.

In this post there is about as much evidence as athlonsavage supplies.

or to really match their evidence do I need to link to my little pony YouTube videos as proof of my delusions?

I can get if a person has a leg to stand on and can show an understanding of the science involved and show using the science how what they claim is really going on.

Posting numerous youtube videos shows one thing, conspiracy theorists call society sheeple and asleep, programmed by the MSM.

Reading ATS and other sites alike and I see that many, many conspiracy theorists and so called alternative thinkers are stuck in same box they say society is in.

clueless that its just different packing.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Science as a conscious entity?

Well I just us the term science as many people do, including scientists themselves. As a collective, exclusive/inclusive way of thinking. Such as the term; the scientific mind for instance.

edit on 7-11-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join