It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cerns true goal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
a reply to: Gothmog

Magnets,. Really , really big magnets
You need to research and enlighten yourself

Magnets, hmmm . . . .

So we have a trillion watts to produce a fraction of a milliwatt output.

Hmmm . . .

So the missing watts are invvested in magnets.

To move a particle.

(evil grin) this is sounding like the US military's missing trillions of dollars . . . .

So the missing trillions of watts are creating magnetic fields through electromagnets.

That is quite a spectacular magnetic field. No wonder they hurried it underground.

So let's invert the experiment and look not at the little subatomic particle, but at the electromagnetic field that is created.. it would be a toroid a few miles across?

A giant torroidal coil . . . .

Hmmm . . .

The magnets are there for control and acceleration of particles
But , by jove , I think you have it now (I hope)
Just think , you wasted exponentially more energy typing in one of your futile posts than the LHC produces in one run
That puts it in perspective.

edit on 11/3/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight You do not seem to be aware of the single electron theory. I don't understand this theory, but it is sort of a inside joke. There is really only one electron loose at any given time. The loose electron just moves around real fast from one negative valance to another.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

hahaha - I'm willing to take the chance of seeing you again and taking a risk with your mandarins.

Who knows what they're really upto with accelerators.

Yeah portals or even FTL

wiki

Faster-than-light (also superluminal or FTL) communication and travel are the conjectural propagation of information or matter faster than the speed of light. The special theory of relativity implies that only particles with zero rest mass may travel at the speed of light

heres an interesting snip

Darkness Is Faster Than the Speed of Light

curiosity.com...

Nothing's faster than the speed of light. Except the speed of dark. That might sound like the tagline of a grim and gritty movie that's trying way too hard, but it also happens to be true.....

This is a little hard to wrap your head around, but shadows can move faster than the speed of light, even though nothing can move faster than the speed of light. In a second, we'll explain how exactly that's possible without breaking the most fundamental law of physics. But first, this thought experiment might make things clearer.

Imagine you have a light that's powerful enough to reach the planet Jupiter. Imagine also that it casts that beam in a cone that's broad enough to cover the entire diameter of the planet. When you pass your finger over the lens, the shadow will cross the entire diameter of the planet — a distance of 86,881 miles (139,821 kilometers).

The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second (299,338 kilometers per second). So if it takes you less than half a second to move your hand that distance, then that shadow will have "broken" the speed of light.

hmmmm

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Fun aside, CERN is a conCERN. (Sorry couldn't resist)

I have a book called Brighter then a thousand suns. It is an old book written to tell the story of the atomic bombs.

I remember a passage that spoke of conjecture amongst the scientists working on the Manhattan Project; would the detonation set fire to the atmosphere.

They went ahead anyway and exploded the thing.

I have heard it stated that it was a military decision and out of the scientist's hands. I call BS on that by reasoning of Oppenheimer's glee in reproducing Shiva's power.

“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds”

At CERN we have a statue of Shiva.

Do we have a similar arrogance for the quest for knowledge?

That is a problem. The arrogance of science.

Secondly, all the explanations are focused on the minuscule output of the flap of a mosquitoe's wing Never have I heard anything about the forces brought into play to keep that particle on track to collide with another particle.

What effect exactly does that huge magnetic toroid have on the earth's field? What does that torroidal field create?

Explanation please science!

And also, please let us common folk in on those little details like possibly setting the atmosphere alight as a scientific unknown.

edit on 3-11-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Maybe we can catch up some time, I'll buy the coffee next time.

The arrogance of science, they say "Can we do this?" when it should be "Should we do this?"

It is science's own fault that they are distrusted.

edit on 3-11-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: enlarged

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It is one thing to focus on a minuscule particle, it is another thing to look at the forces in play to move that particle with such precision.

How are those surrounding forces harmless exactly?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: justdust

But he did say "electrons" ( plural ) and they would move backwards. So i tried to get my head around that.

So .....

if there is only 1 electron moving back and forth through time and we are made of atoms which include electrons, we must be flitting back & forth through time. Did I understand that right?

Gee if I look real close at my power outlet maybe I'll catch a glimpse of a time traveling electron - maybe even see tomorrows winning lotto numbers?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

ACCESSING THE BEAST: CERN, AI & Quantum Computing -- Anthony Patch

www.youtube.com...

at 37:55 it gets interesting - "Cern is a giant quantum computer opening up multiple dimensions"

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The arrogance of science, they say "Can we do this?" when it should be "Should we do this?"

It is science's own fault that they are distrusted.

Science - very little science escapes out in the wild before patents are in place.

I'll get blasted by others for saying this but its even more religious than religion. Like a cult of inner initiates playing with our money to bring our destruction about.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
Psst - hey AthlonSavage - i heard CERN are using the LHC to spin particles are near the speed of light in order to create the universe's best Swiss Cheese. Ssh! Don't tell anyone. This is a super secret fact that only people who have vibrated to the 9th dimension know about.

New rumour in ATS in 3....2....1....

As a Mason you know the real reason we have that thing running.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Oh so apollo holds the key to the bottomless pit ? Hmm..now that strikes me as quite interesting indeed.

Signed, apollo.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I'll have a look tomorrow at the YouTube.

And science as a religion?

Geez Con, you'll get burnt at the stake for that heresy!

Look at the bigger picture, the Church of Rome and science are supposed to be like two opposing forces. Yet it was the coming of the church with the inquisitors, exorcists and Jesuits who paved the way for removing the obstacles to modern scientific thought and the rise of intellect.

Though conflicting in the early days the church and science are remarkably cozy together these days . . . .

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Jesuits who paved the way

ahh the Jesuits. a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Jesuits & The Black Nobility

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The LHC is the crown jewel of CERN, the European particle physics laboratory that was founded after World War II as a way to reunite and rebuild science in war-torn Europe. Now scientists from six continents and 100 countries conduct experiments there.

This was built on the spot where they discovered Hellboy after the portal was opened to receive the key.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
As a Mason you know the real reason we have that thing running.

To awaken Cthulhu of course.

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fthagn!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yes but it's doing that for just a few particles as opposed to the x*10^26 or whatever a mosquito would be

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Where people cannot grasp the basics of the science they tend to roll off down the road of silliness and their imagination goes out of control.

It's the "I don't understand what they are doing, so they must be doing black magic" syndrome.

It's similar in some ways to "God of the Gaps".

edit on 3/11/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Human sacrifice’ staged at Cern, home of the God Particle

www.independent.co.uk...

Wake up sleepy.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The short answer is , it's turned into heat.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well, let's recap on the thread so far.

ConCERN is raised about what those guys are doing with their machines.

Defensive arguement is the it is only a flap or two of a mosquitoe's wing! while ignoring the effects of trillions of watts of energy focused in a toroidal coil miles across below ground. The magician's slight of hand truck? Or creative accounting of the first law of thermodynamics?

Then resort to Hellboy, Swiss cheese and Chluthlu ridicule.

Hmmm . . . .

Come on fellas, what are they doing with the missing trillions of watts of energy? Fans and magnets? Yes, but what is THAT doing?

Where is the science that deals with what surrounds the subatomic particle?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join