It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people defend Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I totally agree, he isn't bad, just not perfect like some defend him as
So far and he has a lot of work ahead of him but he is probably one of the better leaders in 20 maybe 30 years

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Not a supporter, but many of the claims of “racist” statements, hate, support of white nationalists, are patently false reporting when you look at what they are referring to. It’s mostly political spin and strategy by the dems.

For example, cnn will be like “trump continues to refuse to disavow racist and white supremacist orgs.” Then an honest person realizes that he’s on video and print doing so many times.

So some of this apologism is people being tired of the
hyperbole.
a reply to: Raggedyman

edit on 3-11-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Party blindness and a distain for democrats...the pitty is most people never talk with a normal democrat or republican...our opinion is framed by each party of the opposing media outlet..both embellish and perpetuate hostility and a lack of tolerance..
edit on 3-11-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Spacespider

Well tell me what is he

Does it matter ?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Some may very well, but I think the perception of that number may be skewed by trolling and those considering the source of the outraged. They're mocking the cry wolf syndrome.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Its not that people dont talk to normal people it's that so many talk through party when discussing societal issues, that in conjunction with people turning political "discussions" into debates that you win with an opinion of what's perceived to be a proper source and the number of likes associated.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We defend Trump because he is a better person than the hypocrites (paid career politician's & paid Mainstream media/hollywood/comedian/musician personalities) who are against him. He stands for free market capitalism, & the constitution, including privacy/property rights, due-process, 2nd amendment & the electoral college, unlike Democrat politicians & their supporters. Also, the rest of the world considers us as "Ugly Americans". They have considered us "Ugly Americans" long before Trump became president. Trump epitomizes that stereotype.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

He is racist like most everyone else, yep
He is sexist like most everyone else, yep

He is wealthy and he got that way by being cunning and greedy, yep
Most people didn't vote for him because of himself, most people were just sick of party politics and professional politicians who didn't care about the people they represented

Most people voted Trump as a statement

Now it seems everyone is defending him like he is supposed to be a saint,mne isn't, why defend him
Trump is far from perfect and doesn't even seem to try to be

I just don't get why people are trying to make out he is some benevolent altruistic archetype when I doubt that is even the image he wants to portray

Your entire premise is faulty...We didn't vote for Trump...We voted for his ideas...We care nothing about Trump's personal life...We care about America...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

What I actually said is that the Trump vote was a protest vote against Hilary
Your comprehension is faulty

Of late many people are defending Trumps personal life, I don't get why?

It's not like Trump was a Mother Teresa or Ghandi, nobody expects that or wants that from him do they

And you say you care nothing about his personal life, go read the many ATS threads and get back to me

Do you even live on this earth

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

I am not arguing that
Why are people trying to make Trump look like a saint when he clearly isn't a saint
He doesn't seem to even want people to think he is a saint either

People are defending the indefensible, Trump is not the perfect political beast
That's ok with me, he is what he is

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Well tell me what is he

Does it matter ?

Yeah it does matter when you make useless, flippant and shallow comments like you understand the discussion

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Well tell me what is he

Does it matter ?

Yeah it does matter when you make useless, flippant and shallow comments like you understand the discussion

Whats there to discus ?
Your made up stories, or your thirst for attention, or perhaps the connection between them ?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

When my dad sold cars, he observed that the most cynical of pre-purchasers suddenly became his buddy and best friend when that had made their decision and bought.

Confirmation bias.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Spot on thats why the majority defend him alright, they want what he represents and to keep hold of that they must stand alongside him for better or worse in order to try to achieve the big picture.
Some people just dont get it.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Actually, I voted for Trump because of Mike Pence's statement that he is a Christian first, the a conservative second, and Republican last. I don't always agree with either political party, but I generally agree with conservatives on a lot. Most importantly, I believe that God has the final say in anything. Mike Pence is effectively the most theocratic person in politics. Also, Trump says what he is thinking and keeps us all informed via Twitter. I don't always agree, but I love the honesty and transparency.

He is not racist. He has fired racist building managers who refused to rent to people based in the tone of their skin. He has dated just about every ethnicity, marrying two immigrants, one not even a citizen at the time. Need I go on?
edit on 5-11-2018 by Theocracy4America because: Not racist

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Theocracy4America

And what does God have to say about US politics?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Some of us root for Trump to do well just because he is POTUS and as POTUS wins/loses, so does usually the US. I don’t defend him blindly, or in all things, just like I didn’t Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, or Johnson. I also criticize on policies I don’t like, just like all the others.

Some of us respect the office, regardless who’s holding the title. And should Trump legitimately be found guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors (meaning a bipartisan finding), I will be the first to say he’s got to go (like Nixon).

If it’s just whining from the Democrats, I will support him until someone else is elected, and I will not cry to the sky when that day comes. I had actually gone to bed in 2016 fully expecting HRC to be POTUS when I woke up...slept like a baby as I knew there would be future elections. I wouldn’t have started some BS #Resist movement either, which has been nothing but detrimental to the US.

With the economy, jobs, unemployment across the board being almost the best ever, just think where the US would be today without the Democrats and the babyish #Resist bull# since November 2016.
edit on 5/11/2018 by Lab4Us because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Theocracy4America

And what does God have to say about US politics?

I try to vote in accordance with scripture on issues and politicians. I do not hear God speak to me out-loud often, and I am not a prophet or anything. However I would guess he'd say the same which he said about Sodom and Gomorrah.

<< 1  2   >>

join