It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants in caravan sue Trump and his administration

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yawn, you keep using this Xenophobic slur against me. My wife is a 1st generation green card holding NON-white NON-citizen who came to America as an adult.

Your insults do not hide the fact you have no valid argument. His shirt was a choice to send a political message, and that message is "I do not believe in borders". Those are the facts your diatribes and ad-homs can not hide.
edit on 3-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

OK, at best he's misleading his constituents, take your pick as to which ones. At worst, he's not in line with the party platform or it's not in line with what the party is really all about. Either way, no one can deny he was in the running for the top spot in the party and is currently in the number 2 spot.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Either way, no one can deny he was in the running for the top spot in the party and is currently in the number 2 spot.

That can't be. Some Canadian told me this is just some guy from Minnesota.

originally posted by: strongfp Sooo where does this guy in Minnesota come into that scenario?

Platforms and webpages do not make decisions, people do, and this guy is a decision maker.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Xenophobic isn't a slur, it's a word, that has a meaning.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Why are you all expecting so much incompetence?

Because we are in the situation is the first place. If it was done correctly, we would not be having this border crisis.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It is better to be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt.

Can you please tell me what slurs are not words with meanings?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Nobody with a sound mind wants the country overrun by uncontrolled immigration.

If you dont mind me jumping into the thread. Its easier to pretend and show compassion for these so called migrants but once these so called migrants start camping out and creating tent cities in your neighborhood. And start committing rape and other crimes.

They would have a different opinion of them.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You see it as a derogatory or offensive slur, I see it as a word to describe someone who doesn't want other people from other countries to enter there own, which is the literal definition of the world xenophobia. Sorry the word offends you.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You see it as a derogatory or offensive slur, I see it as a word to describe someone who doesn't want other people from other countries to enter there own, which is the literal definition of the world xenophobia. Sorry the word offends you.

Sorry
The literal definition of xenophobia is not as you asserted
It is an unfounded fear of strangers or foreigners
You're wrong again
Sorry if that offends you

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: BoneSay

Oh Phage, tell me, how someone from outside your country can sue you? Is this how things should be?
It's a tricky question. Americans, including the president, like to sue people for just about anything. Can I say, "It depends?"
www.usatoday.com...

But you seem to have missed by point. Has the court accepted the case?

Would the lawsuit be because all People have the right to seek asylum. They can be turned away after they fail to make their case but they have the right to apply.

In Fiscal Year (FY) 2017, USCIS found 60,566 individuals to have credible fear. These individuals, many of whom were detained during this screening process, will be afforded an opportunity to apply for asylum defensively and establish that they meet the refugee definition.
The number of credible fear cases has skyrocketed since the procedure was implemented—in FY 2009, USCIS completed 5,523 cases. Case completions reached an all-time high in FY 2016 at 92,071 and decreased to 79,977 in FY 2017.

www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Why are you all expecting so much incompetence?

Because we are in the situation is the first place. If it was done correctly, we would not be having this border crisis.

It has been worse

The countries of nationality for individuals granted asylum have largely remained the same in this 10-year period (FY 2007-2016), with nationals of China and Egypt making up significant shares of asylees. Other individuals granted asylum in that time period included nationals of Guatemala, Haiti, Venezuela, Iraq, Ethiopia, Iran, Colombia, and Russia. In FY 2016, Chinese and Salvadoran nationals represented the greatest shares of asylees (accounting for 21.9 and 10.5 percent, respectively, of all individuals granted asylum in FY 2016). Nationals of China, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras combined accounted for half (49.4 percent) of the 20,455 individuals granted asylum—either affirmatively or defensively—in FY 2016 (Figure 2). A total of 98 nationalities were represented among all individuals granted asylum in FY 2016.

www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Ok here we go ....

Xenophobic isn't a slur, it's a word, that has a meaning.

So here is the definition. Oops, looks like you don't know what the word means.

xen·o·pho·bi·a
/ˌzenəˈfōbēə,ˌzēnəˈfōbēə/Submit
noun
intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries.

So now that we have that out of the way.

Are you trying to be obtuse or are you simply unable to think and converse?

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

My wife is a 1st generation green card holding NON-white NON-citizen who came to America as an adult.

I met my wife in another country. She is not a US citizen. She came to America from another country. She is not white. English is her 2nd language.

Everything you say is just so stupid. How can I be someone who doesn't want people entering my country when I married someone who did exactly that? It's so sad seeing someone who is completely unable to use their brain and have an intelligent conversation.
edit on 3-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

It's the exact same thing. Stop trying to find look holes and run with them in attempt to get a rise from me. I don't get offended by words, because if someone calls me something I most likely deserved it.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

And yet you go off on rants about immigrants and how they need to stay out and you champion this mentality in lots of threads, because it seems I find you in every single one.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

And yet you go off on rants about immigrants and how they need to stay out and you champion this mentality in lots of threads, because it seems I find you in every single one.

Sorry, stop lying. Show me where I say I want all immigrants to stay out.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Actually, his name is program and I´ve not seen what you claim about this member. Could it be you´re just putting everyone in a single basket who disagrees with you and mix things up?

Just a bit food for thought.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It's the classic lie of 'if you are against illegal immigration you are against all immigration'.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Sadly that´s just one example from a myriad of things.

Essentially you would have to post a 2000 word disclaimer before you write anything, because there will be those that just jump on you because they lack in reading comprehension.

No coherent thoughts possible. Once the mind is set, they can´t loose face so on and on and on it goes. Until someone cries.

edit on 3-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Except he is just lying because he knows my wife is an immigrant, and not a US citizen, and is not even white.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
This also makes me wonder since they have a legal right is the US required to pay their airfare to get here?

Airfare? These people are walking, why do they need an airfare?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join