It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA secretly intercepted Congressional communications about whistleblowers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Looks like ol Obama LLC was sneaking around Congressional emails and was snooping for whistleblowers.

This was all uncovered during an inspector general report and a real journalist Sharyl Attkisson writes about.

Good thing she's still around because they were spying on her too a few years ago.

It's all Brennan and Clapper as suspected and they didn't want Chuck Grassley to "declassify" 😆

CIA secretly intercepted Congressional communications about whistleblowers

Newly-declassified documents show the CIA intercepted sensitive Congressional communications about intelligence community whistleblowers.

The intercepts occurred under CIA Director John Brennan and Director of National Intelligence James Clapper. The new disclosures are contained in two letters of “Congressional notification” originally written to key members of Congress in March 2014, but kept secret until now.

In the letters, then-Intelligence Community Inspector General Charles McCullough tells four key members of Congress that during “routine counterintelligence monitoring of Government computer systems,” the CIA collected emails between Congressional staff and the CIA’s head of whistleblowing and source protection. McCullough states that he’s concerned “about the potential compromise to whistleblower confidentiality and the consequent ‘chilling effect’ that the present [counterintelligence] monitoring system might have on Intelligence Community whistleblowing.”

"These slugs think there so smart.
I'll just go on MSNBC and show em"

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And I used to think Bush was lawless.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Biggest governmental conspiracy of the century, Obama and the Intel agencies are...

You would think all here on ATS would want to dig up the truth about it.

Some people coming in to defend it in 3,2,1....

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

We had no idea how transparent the Bush administration was.

Lmao.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If the CIA is anything like Homeland then I don't care what they do because they have an objective and it must be righteous.

CIA rules!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Well, that sucks and undermines our civilization.

edit on 11 2 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
If the CIA is anything like Homeland then I don't care what they do because they have an objective and it must be righteous.

CIA rules!

Under The zer0Bama, they were both self-righteous 😃

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Not the first time the CIA has been caught spying on members of Congress.

I guess anyone can hack into a congressman's laptop or tap their phones without criminal charges.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

These interlopers have disrespected the
Fine Emblem.

As have others in the past.

I find no bravery in a subversive Peeping Tom.
S&F

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

And the media won't care because it helps Trump, so screw the people.

ETA: Decided to google and see, can't see this story on any of the major sites.
edit on 3-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
And they aren't swinging from a rope why?

Totally unacceptable. No bravery or integrity at all. Time for the Cigarettes and Blindfolds! Wonder if our weak government will do what needs to be done and punish those who levied war against American Citizens on American soil. Yes, intelligence assets ARE military assets.

Time for a change. These corrupt, ineffective, forced-hired public agencies are worthless. They should be replaced with industry leading pro's from the private sector. Entirely replaced. Virtually every ABC agency should be purged and replaced by the real pro's in the private sector. No one needs government flunkies with egos/heads the size of CT.
edit on 11/3/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I wanna see some #ing heads roll!!!!

top topics

join