It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snopes.com is no longer valid as a fact checker its now a left agenda puppeteer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
So what facts are left-leaning now?

The only fact here would be that lies Snopes point to are not facts. As a Scientific approach requires, once you see the pattern you write it down as fact that they point to lies. Some sarc needed.

edit on 2-11-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit

www.snopes.com...

Titled: Is This a Photograph of Christine Blasey Ford with Bill Clinton? But look at the address ???

ATS what do you think am i wrong or is there actually a slant and misinformation here? Where did the the claim of most common smears come from or is based on?

I don't have much faith in Snopes, but that isn't Ford. Looks like Gillebrand to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Snopes.com is no longer valid as a fact checker its now a left agenda puppeteer

I thought this was a "flashback" or some type of error... their credibility was shot for me years ago when literally topic after topic, snopes would say "TRUE" or "FALSE" and I would dig deeper and find other corroborating stories that contradict what snopes said. demonstrating how fake they are.

Snopes = sellouts & propagandists

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
originally posted by: TheJesuit

"she has been the target of a relentless campaign to try to discredit her and cast aspersions on her motivation for coming forward. "

- that seems like an opinion "relentless" & "aspersions"

Countless threads on here doing just that. So where is the misinformation?

One of the most common smears directed at women to discredit them personally in such situations is try to paint them as “loose” and promiscuous. One of the most common ways to discredit them politically is to attempt to link them to the bogeyman of the right, billionaire hedge fund manager and Open Society Foundations founder George Soros.

- ok i don't know what that's about so do i have these people all wrong i thought he was on the left?

I have seen these memes in trying to link Ford to "scary" dems. Once again where is the misinformation

LOL below
Snopes.com has long been engaged in the battle against misinformation, an effort we could not sustain without the support of our readers

www.snopes.com...

Titled: Is This a Photograph of Christine Blasey Ford with Bill Clinton? But look at the address ???

ATS what do you think am i wrong or is there actually a slant and misinformation here? Where did the the claim of most common smears come from or is based on?

So you provided a story that factually disputes the photographs as being wrong, so what exactly are you trying to prove?

Is it that they are engaged in misinformation, then you basically proved they are not.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
looks like its sock season again.

ugh.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

They have always been a partisan rash, nor a fact checker,nothing has changed.

Karen

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Lumenari

Yeah. Sort of like using Wikipedia.

But, like Wikipedia, Snopes does provide links to original sources. Which can often be useful.

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, and is ran "sort of like" a democracy. Its not really anything like using snopes.

They "provide links to original sources", but, so does bibliotechapleyades and i wouldnt be surprised if stormfront or some other nazi website does the same... it doesnt really make it the same as using wikipedia. Not even "sort of like"...

There is a clear political slant and is controlled by one or two people. How is that sort of like usimg wikipedia?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

edit on 03pmSat, 03 Nov 2018 12:11:14 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

edit on 03pmSat, 03 Nov 2018 12:10:54 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

I apologize for the triple-post
edit on 03pmSat, 03 Nov 2018 12:19:23 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The article sounds factually valid to me. I've seen these tactics used before by the right. George Soros is a boogeyman of the right. The MAGA bomber sent a bomb to him, even. Are you sure that you aren't the one who's stepped into disenlightenment?
edit on 03pmSat, 03 Nov 2018 12:18:42 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
"Since reality has a left bias" is a funny statement because it is scientists who study reality using empirical methods that generally support the left while the right is generally run by people who study prophecy. The right also hasn't figured out how to weed out incorrect information effectively or discourage that behavior.
edit on 03pmSat, 03 Nov 2018 12:22:02 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Snopes.com is a Kryptonite for DUMMY right-wing extremist group
edit on 3-11-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Oaktree
Snopes has always been aeft leaning site.
Simply follow the history of the “fact checkers”, and you’ll start to see the pattern.

Right wingers accuse anyone and anything that doesn't agree with them to be Left.

It's hardly a reliable barometer when the Right claims someone/thing is Left.

I’m not a “right winger”, and I try very hard to call it as as I see it.
Snopes fact checkers are very left leaning, imo.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Snopes has always been aeft leaning site.
Simply follow the history of the “fact checkers”, and you’ll start to see the pattern.

Right wingers accuse anyone and anything that doesn't agree with them to be Left.

It's hardly a reliable barometer when the Right claims someone/thing is Left.

I’m not a “right winger”, and I try very hard to call it as as I see it.
Snopes fact checkers are very left leaning, imo.

How do you differentiate?

You're not Right, but you say they're Left.

So, when they post Facts & Links -- they're not really Facts & Links?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It's always been a liberal confirmation site. Just agreeing with what mainstream democratsand liberals already believe. Not reliable information. Tremendously fake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join