It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the function of the Egyptian pyramids?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I find it plausible and quite interesting. Which makes me wonder about the Sphinx erosion patterns ? The Time they occurred.

a reply to: kborissov

I was thinking about the same.
Perhaps, it is time for Dr. Schoch to revisit his Sphinx dating hypotheses. Thanks for feedback!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

yes, Schoch should revise his sphinx erosion theory because it is wrong and inspires the wrong people..

the sphinx' and its sourrounding's erosion is explainable just with giza's climate, the surrounding architecture and geology.
It is eroded heavier but it is not older.

cheers

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Flood Protection (high Ground), Probably for possible defense in case of invasion(stronghold) (rain arrows down on enemy), and of course there was probably a lookout or twp stationed night and day on top. maybe somebody with a warning horn. possibly a fire tower. Direction Markers.

Abu Rawash is the most interesting by far

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-11-2018 by I8THATAPPLEFRITTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

In fact their most likely was a fire lighted every night on top, the cap stones were reflective so the reflection probably rained out maybe 75 to 100 miles. Maybe special occasions they kicked the fire down the pyramid for a fire falls effect.

c8.alamy.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: I8THATAPPLEFRITTER

If you think about it, there probably was a lot of traveling at night, through the desert, when it's coolest, easier on the people and camels, it probably lit the way for the trade routes.

Probably the reason for Gizas demise, they probably simply ran out of burnable fuel in the area. Trees. they probably had to go farther and farther away to get the required fuel to keep the pyramids viable, before finally abandoning the area.
edit on 4-11-2018 by I8THATAPPLEFRITTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

A Machine to Create Hydrogen Gas that was then Converted into Microwave Energy and Directed through the Capstone into the Outer Atmosphere where it was Collected as an Energy Source for Spacecraft Orbiting the Earth in the Distant Past ? Seems More Plausible than a Giant Rock Tomb for a Long Dead Pharaoh IMO.....

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
In fact if you look at those tunnels and rooms inside the pyramid
What stands out?
No hieroglyphics.

Unlike tuts tomb

upload.wikimedia.org...

No, those rooms were made as a usable working space not as a burial chamber.

interesting though

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Ancient architect guy released a video about my hypothesis. On one hand I am happy that this hypothesis got traction (see article above) but disappointed that he stole my work. Nowhere in the video he mentioned my name. Shall I go ahead and sue his pants out for this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yes.
Definitely. Sue him.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes.
Definitely. Sue him.

Now now that just being mean!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

For once the right question about the pyramids has been asked. Boyd Bushman asked this question quite some time ago and he also did the all the calculations on them too.

By obtaining one of the very accurate measurements of one very well preserved stone in a university in the UK he was able to calcuate the precise measurements of the big pyramid. He also calculated the dimensions of the others to using geometry.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Trucker1
It baffles my mind how the ancients had beer when you look at the complicated process of making it today.
I wonder if they discovered how to make it by accident?

It was a necessity, since drinking water would kill you.

Harte

So they came up with beer, which probably has no similarities in taste to the stuff we drink today. On three rations a day, it's a wonder anything got built at all!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

and Probably Bleacher seating for viewing the Black Hot air Balloons,

www.evolving-science.com...

Notice how the top of Menkaure is missing, a lot of archies said it was dismantled by later civilizations, But why not just steal stones from the bottom?

That was dismantled to serve a purpose.
King of the Mountain?
The black silk balloons also proves that Egypt had access through the trade routes as far as China.
Also explains the Nazca like lines around Qena, (wind direction from Giza). Also plays to their fanaticism with flood protection.

A few large balloons would of been pretty easy to fabricate, dyed black, and heated by the sun, along with a primitive basket, with a small fire most likely charcoal or oil lamp the black balloon would of already of been preheated to help with lift. It would be my guess that there probably are a few lost tombs in that area also. Probably helps to explain why they were interested in transplanting trees, they just ran out of natural fuel in the area.

www.google.com...@26.4161373,33.0649926,91355m/data=!3m1!1e3

www.google.com...@26.2290411,34.3421533,91503m/data=!3m1!1e3

www.google.com...@25.6089975,36.5792443,91985m/data=!3m1!1e3

www.google.com...@26.3034571,34.0977502,91444m/data=!3m1!1e3

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-11-2018 by I8THATAPPLEFRITTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

www.pyramidgreenhouse.com...

4.bp.blogspot.com...

i.etsystatic.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You might want ton consider wind, balloon control and manageability. Balloons might be nice on an absolutely calm day but in a even alight wind they will spin unless you have control surfaces and some way to manipulate them. AND a way to move against the wind when it is against you. Can you point to any ancient or other period where balloon lifting was used for construction.

You also have the problem of keeping it anchored and delivering stones to a site that is sloping away from you.

Here is a link to Cairo Airport which gives you a yearly summary of the wind

www.windfinder.com...

I've been on the Giza plateau several times and one time in a wind, sand and rain squall - its on the edge of the desert and the winds there shift dramatically during the day.
edit on 18/11/18 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Weather control.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Weather control.

Damn of course - they had tornadoes pick up the stones, sort them out and place them where needed!

Can you think of any use of balloons in construction? Perhaps in the 19th century?
edit on 18/11/18 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It's not inconceivable. I actually saw a balloon being used to work on the antenna for this Omega station once, long time ago. Big ol' spiderweb.
totakeresponsibility.blogspot.com...

But it requires very still conditions. So, maybe at night or early morning.

Heh. I just noticed who wrote that article. He used to be a neighborhood buddy. But older than me. Two years, at least.
edit on 11/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It's not inconceivable. I actually saw a balloon being used to work on the antenna for this Omega station once, long time ago. Big ol' spiderweb.
totakeresponsibility.blogspot.com...

But it requires very still conditions. So, maybe at night or early morning.

That's the problem at the edge of a desert no still conditions except at lapse at dusk and dawn which would cause some real challenges

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

That's the problem at the edge of a desert no still conditions except at lapse at dusk and dawn which would cause some real challenges
Indeed.

It would also take a hella big balloon, I think.
www.brisbanehotairballooning.com.au...
edit on 11/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join