It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who claimed Justice Kavanaugh raped her now admits they’ve never even met

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Can you give me a single good reason why none of them did, even when told they could? I can think of a glaring one.

More than one. Time passed. The age of the accuser when it happened. Women in general tend to under report this sort of thing. I do know that many woman are raped and nobody ever knows about it. It's inconvenient to this story, but it is true. If it really happened the way she says, I can understand why she might say something now that she's older - and wiser

She reported it anonymously at first. I'm not sure (because I can't know) that she realized how her account of things might be used - my gut tells me that it took on a life of it's own once it was leaked

If it's only political, and she lied? Well - we can't know that either. I wish it hadn't happened like this, but it did

That excuse makes no sense at this point. There was an offer by the local PD to investigate if she would just file a report. I am not talking about her making a report back in the day, I am talking about the PD saying to file one during the whole debacle.....and she didnt.

Neither did any of the accusers....

She had already made the accusation, been named and blown up the political scene.

Why not do the easiest part of all of it and file a report?

And I am really confused as to how the story even became a rape story when nothing anywhere close to rape was claimed to have happened....it was an attempted grope.

The entire scenario and actions by all accusers scream they are lying. It is painfully obvious if you step back and look at this with logic and not emotion.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

That excuse makes no sense at this point. There was an offer by the local PD to investigate if she would just file a report. I am not talking about her making a report back in the day, I am talking about the PD saying to file one during the whole debacle.....and she didnt.

Why Maryland police aren’t investigating the Kavanaugh allegations

The charge of attempted rape was considered a misdemeanor at the time. As a misdemeanor, the offense carried a one-year statute of limitations, meaning charges would have had to be filed within a year of an incident, according to John McCarthy, Montgomery County’s longtime chief prosecutor. Lisae C. Jordan, the executive director and counsel for the Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault, and other longtime Maryland lawyers interviewed in recent days concurred.

The Maryland legislature changed the law in 1996, making attempted rape a felony and removing the statute of limitations, according to McCarthy and Jordan.

“But we’d have to apply the law as it existed at the time of the allegations,” McCarthy said.

A second version of the law — assault with intent to rape — was a felony in the early 1980s, with a 15-year maximum sentence. That law had no statute of limitations, and could be applied to alleged offenses from the early 1980s, according to Brian Shefferman, a longtime defense attorney and former head public defender in Montgomery County.

McCarthy declined to comment about the assault with intent to rape statute.

Other possible charges, such as second-degree assault, remain misdemeanor offenses in Maryland and subject to a one-year statute of limitations, McCarthy said.

“Based on all the allegations I’ve seen so far, there are a number of legal barriers to criminal prosecutions,” Jordan said.

Because she never intended for it to go this far. She probably recognized it wasn't going to be resolved. As I said earlier - she did this anonymously at first. It was leaked - and it all went the way to was going to go from there

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

There was literally nothing to investigate, the investigation was artificial and was meant to stall.

Even the FBI admitted the investigation was not a full investigation. That would take months

The FBI said there was nothing for them to investigate, can you source what you are saying?

Ford said her medical records proved her story ... and refused all access to them.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Because she never intended for it to go this far. She probably recognized it wasn't going to be resolved. As I said earlier - she did this anonymously at first. It was leaked - and it all went the way to was going to go from there

Except after it was leaked she demanded an investigation ... yet refused to file charges so one could be done by the people who should do it. She refused access to medical records which she claimed was evidence.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Details of F.B.I.’s Kavanaugh Inquiry Show Its Restricted Range

The inquiry, which will last no more than a week, is a limited background check of Judge Kavanaugh, not a full-fledged criminal investigation. He has vigorously denied any sexual impropriety or wrongdoing.

Democrats, left out of the discussions that led to Mr. Trump’s order, tried on Saturday to clarify the scope of the F.B.I. investigation with Senate Republicans and the White House. Senate Republicans drafted the witness list for the background check, according to the people familiar with it, and the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, shared it with the White House.

Ford said her medical records proved her story ... and refused all access to them.

This I know nothing about - so I can't even have an informed opinion

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Why they are not investigating ...

The Maryland State Police says its policy is to investigate allegations only when a criminal complaint has been filed; Ford has not filed a criminal complaint.

Authorities in Maryland on Friday said they were prepared to conduct a state-level criminal investigation into sexual assault allegations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh -- provided that a victim comes forward.

“The Montgomery County Police Department and the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office stand ready to investigate any sexual assault allegation from any victim where the incident occurred in our jurisdiction.”

www.foxnews.com...

So did Ford not want an investigation? Why else would she not file a complaint and trigger one?

Kavanaugh accuser wants FBI investigation before testifying

www.cnn.com...

Guess that wasn't the reason. So if she wanted one, and was told she could have one ... she didn't file a complaint and get one because.... why?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Ford's attorneys said in their letter that they would not produce their client's medical records because they contain "private, highly sensitive information that is not necessary for the committee to assess the credibility of her testimony."

www.cbsnews.com...

The FBI does not do full fledged investigations on this. The police do. Maryland told her if she filed a complaint they would do a full investigation. She refused to do so.

“The FBI forwarded this letter to the White House Counsel’s Office,” the spokesperson said. “The allegation does not involve any potential federal crime. The FBI’s role in such matters is to provide information for the use of the decision makers.”

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Read the explanation more thoroughly - there's reasons why she might not pursue it. Those reasons don't necessarily mean she's lying

I can only explain my reasoning so far and so often Occams - after that I'm only repeating myself

You're looking to prove she's a liar. You can't do that - you can only guess at her motives and then have an opinion

Same as the rest of us

Out of here for the day

:-)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I am not looking to prove anything. I am stating facts. It can not be both ways. It can't be she did not want to pursue it .. while demanding a full investigation.

I have made no statement about why she did it, only what she did.

Again, she claimed she wanted it pursued. She was told how it could be pursued. She refused to pursue it. Then she complained it was not pursued. Those are the facts about what happened.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Why Maryland police aren’t investigating the Kavanaugh allegations

The charge of attempted rape was considered a misdemeanor at the time. As a misdemeanor, the offense carried a one-year statute of limitations, meaning charges would have had to be filed within a year of an incident, according to John McCarthy, Montgomery County’s longtime chief prosecutor. Lisae C. Jordan, the executive director and counsel for the Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault, and other longtime Maryland lawyers interviewed in recent days concurred.

The Maryland legislature changed the law in 1996, making attempted rape a felony and removing the statute of limitations, according to McCarthy and Jordan.

“But we’d have to apply the law as it existed at the time of the allegations,” McCarthy said.

A second version of the law — assault with intent to rape — was a felony in the early 1980s, with a 15-year maximum sentence. That law had no statute of limitations, and could be applied to alleged offenses from the early 1980s, according to Brian Shefferman, a longtime defense attorney and former head public defender in Montgomery County.

McCarthy declined to comment about the assault with intent to rape statute.

Other possible charges, such as second-degree assault, remain misdemeanor offenses in Maryland and subject to a one-year statute of limitations, McCarthy said.

“Based on all the allegations I’ve seen so far, there are a number of legal barriers to criminal prosecutions,” Jordan said.

Odd that the local PD seems to think she can just file a report then right? Must be a disconnect there somewhere, but I'd trust the PD of the locality before I would anything from an article of folks guessing as well.

So....she just intended to try to completely screw someones entire life over, not actually try to get justice for what your quote seems to say wasnt even worthy of a felony charge? That makes her even more despicable, however, I personally believe this was the intent from the start.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

They did not read their source well.

“At this time, the Montgomery County Police Department has not received a request by any alleged victim nor a victim’s attorney to initiate a police report or a criminal investigation regarding Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh. The department recognizes that victims of sexual assault may not want to involve law enforcement and/or initiate a criminal investigation, and we respect that position. The department, however, stands prepared to assist anyone who reports being the victim of a sexual assault.”

So their source says the only reason no investigation is launched is because no victim has requested one.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Still - there is a Jane Doe that made the original claim 

And this woman is not Christine Blasey Ford

Maybe Kamela wrote it.

Or maybe Kamela got her to take the rap somehow -- For the "cause"... For a bribe... For protection as in a blackmail... Physical threat.

Maybe the criminal referral is just a way to pressure her to talk.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

On what ability does Congress have to impeach justices of the supreme court?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I am confused.

I never remember hearing anything abut this woman in the news and hearings.

And does your OP excerpt say she said she didn't write the letter and it is not her?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

She did say it was her. Now that she is under investigation she says it was not her, and she only said it was her to bring attention to the story. So she is a liar either way, and admits to lying to prevent Kavanaugh from being put on the SC.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Most people knew this was BS from. The ones that didn't will still jump all over the next false accuse. It's like groundhog day.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
True Slander of an official running for office or under review for appointment, needs harsh punishments.
Automatic 5 year jail sentence should do the trick.

We need a new law so this stops happening.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

All you have to do is:

1. read the letter from the Senate (it's in the OP)

😴

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Maybe Kamela wrote it.

Or maybe Kamela got her to take the rap somehow -- For the "cause"... For a bribe... For protection as in a blackmail... Physical threat.

Maybe the criminal referral is just a way to pressure her to talk.

Maybe?

Yes - maybe

Or, maybe not. What is it we do when we can't know for sure?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Again, she claimed she wanted it pursued. She was told how it could be pursued. She refused to pursue it. Then she complained it was not pursued. Those are the facts about what happened.

She did ask for an FBI investigation - or her lawyers did. That did or didn't happen - depending on who you ask :-)

As far as filing charges - no, she did not. Why do you think that is? Do you think that automatically means she was being dishonest?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join