It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who claimed Justice Kavanaugh raped her now admits they’ve never even met

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Please put forth the evidence of a rape.

Knock it off Occams - I'm not here to argue. Asking for proof makes you look silly

Like I said to Vasa Croe - I'm interested in how people arrive at their conclusions without evidence. One way or the other
edit on 11/3/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Please put forth the evidence of a rape.

Knock it off Occams - I'm not here to argue. Asking for proof makes you look silly

Like I said to Vasa Croe - I'm interested in how people arrive at their conclusions without evidence. One way or the other

Sorry, YOU knock it off. I stated the fact that there is ZERO evidence, it's a fact. Don't question facts unless you want to be made to look a fool.

Again, fact, zero evidence a rape occurred.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Sorry, YOU knock it off. I stated the fact that there is ZERO evidence, it's a fact. Don't question facts unless you want to be made to look a fool.

Again, fact, zero evidence a rape occurred.

You have no evidence your own self. That must be why you're so cranky

I swear - what does a girl have to do to have a legit conversation around here?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
How can anyone here even remotely defend this behavior? You admonish us when we cite statistics of falsely reported sex crimes, yet the Kavanaugh hearing itself has a demonstrated 40%+ rate of patently false allegations and a demonstrated rate of 0% evidence-backed allegations

Come on, we have to do better than this as a nation. And democrats who jumped on that train the first time around, shame on you. You participated in an effective lynching of an innocent man over allegations that stemmed entirely from unscrupulous political hacks and ideologically corrupt "supporters"

No, it doesn't mean the entire left supported this nonsense. But the number that did was staggering! Amazing how little due process/evidence/burden of proof/presumptive innocence means to these people when its their political enemies head on the chopping block (how petty)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

You participated in an effective lynching of an innocent man over allegations that stemmed entirely from unscrupulous political hacks and ideologically corrupt "supporters"

How do you know he was innocent?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Spiramirabilis, I personally assume everyone is innocent until/unless hard evidence is offered in support of the allegation. I also presume that each accuser should be taken seriously and treated with respect

The false choice is that folks have to decide right away, that we can't take time to analyze the evidence, hear witnesses, hear the accusations and hear the rebuttals/arguments before we make a decision. This constant 24/7 narrative driven (vs. event driven) media discourages real meaningful discussion sadly

And it isn't just liberal MSM responsible for that

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

... exactly, I have no evidence a rape happened. I am glad you agree.

If you want a conversation don't pick a fight over inconvenient facts.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Only in regard to the allegations made (by those who admitted it was fabricated or told a completely unbelievable story)

Ie: I found Dr. Ford's testimony both compelling and credible, and frankly upsetting. However, I found statements made by Julie Swetnick and Michael Avenatti to be very tabloid-esque and unbelievable

Despite Feinstein's clear political move, I went into the hearing with an open mind. Dr. Ford absolutely could've changed my mind about Kavanaugh that day. I patiently waited for evidence to be presented or witnesses to come forward validating all/some of the events she alleged

And despite my belief in Kavanaugh's innocence (merely because it wasn't proven, so my default position is presumed innocent) I still believe that Dr. Ford genuinely suffered an assault. But unless we know more about the process by which the allegations came about (ie: Was "recovered memories" psuedoscience involved?) It is irresponsible to say it proves any wrongdoing on behalf of Kavanaugh

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I'm interested in how you've chosen to respond Occams. If you read what I said (from the beginning) you would know I'm not after a fight. I'm trying to have a real conversation

You have no evidence - period. Neither do I

This isn't what I'm asking - what is your evidence. I'm wondering how do you know he's innocent? What do you base this on?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Someone made a claim. It is up to them to provide evidence. None was presented. People lie, I don't listen to what a person says, I look at what the facts and evidence says.

Ford changed her story multiple times. If you tell the truth you don't have to have a good memory.

My personal belief is something happened to her. It was not Kavanaugh who did it. I don't think she even believes it to be Kavanaugh, although it's possible she does.
edit on 3-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm interested in how quickly people assume someone is innocent - or guilty. How fast they are to assume someone (like Ford) is lying, but Kavanaugh is presumed innocent. Especially when they make that same argument in reverse

They're angry that it came up at all - as if it's not possible. How would anyone know?

I agree the whole thing is ugly, but assuming women are lying is no different from assuming he's guilty

That is the big issue here. None of the women have presented anything that would be considered evidence to this being true and even were told by the local PD all they had to do was file a report.

The fact none took them up on this lends a lot more weight to them being liars. And that isnt even taking into account the multiple other issues and lies from her attorneys and the timing of the entire debacle.

Kavanaugh SHOULD have been presumed innocent the entire time as all anyone had was a claim that he did something. Had they truly had something happen and wanted to truly do something about it, they should have followed the proper channels and filed a police report.

Can you give me a single good reason why none of them did, even when told they could? I can think of a glaring one.
edit on 11/3/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Thank you for a real reply

Spiramirabilis, I personally assume everyone is innocent until/unless hard evidence is offered in support of the allegation. I also presume that each accuser should be taken seriously and treated with respect

I approach these kinds of situations exactly the same as you do

The false choice is that folks have to decide right away, that we can't take time to analyze the evidence, hear witnesses, hear the accusations and hear the rebuttals/arguments before we make a decision. This constant 24/7 narrative driven (vs. event driven) media discourages real meaningful discussion sadly

And it isn't just liberal MSM responsible for that

See? Now I'm glad I asked

I think this is most of us. I've been reading through a few threads here the past few days and it's just depressing. I think people agree more often than not, but we're more into winning than agreeing - and we'll say what we have to

What I wonder most is how all of this will play out in the real world. I'm not sure Congress, the Senate or the Presidency qualify as the real world now

We're dangerously close to losing Rule of Law in this country. Our government won't protect us. We people have to believe in the same things at the same time in order for it to work. We can all disagree on the details, but we have to be willing to investigate and examine those details

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You participated in an effective lynching of an innocent man over allegations that stemmed entirely from unscrupulous political hacks and ideologically corrupt "supporters"

How do you know he was innocent?

Certain actors on the left got women besides their main accuser to falsify testimony against Kavinaugh. If they did this, it has to be because they knew already that their main accuser wasn't even legitimate so they embellished their lies with more lies. The reinforcement of a lie with more lies.

Simple intuition.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I still believe that Dr. Ford genuinely suffered an assault. But unless we know more about the process by which the allegations came about (ie: Was "recovered memories" psuedoscience involved?) It is irresponsible to say it proves any wrongdoing on behalf of Kavanaugh

I agree that nothing was proven. Nothing was disproved. It's a god awful mess. in the end we don't know anything more than we did at the start

Still Kavanaugh is in, and there's not much can change that now. Obviously some people are very happy and some are miserable. Sometimes we have to live with ambiguity.

What concerns me is how unwilling many people (unlike yourself) were to even consider the accusation. I'm dead serious - I can handle an unpopular appointment (my own opinion) but I can't sit still with this idea that some are so willing to brush aside the accusation. The deadline was artificial

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It's impossible to disprove. The claim was something happened somewhere, on a day in this 3 year period, maybe in the summer maybe not, there was between 4 and 6 people there, and none of them will remember it.

How can that claim be disproven?

As for the deadline, the FBI did not even go to the deadline. There was literally nothing to investigate, the investigation was artificial and was meant to stall.
edit on 3-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'd like to see these fruitcakes held accountable for their actions. Let's hope these things aren't simply overlooked & forgotten. Maybe they wait till after midterms...probably

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Can you give me a single good reason why none of them did, even when told they could? I can think of a glaring one.

More than one. Time passed. The age of the accuser when it happened. Women in general tend to under report this sort of thing. I do know that many woman are raped and nobody ever knows about it. It's inconvenient to this story, but it is true. If it really happened the way she says, I can understand why she might say something now that she's older - and wiser

She reported it anonymously at first. I'm not sure (because I can't know) that she realized how her account of things might be used - my gut tells me that it took on a life of it's own once it was leaked

If it's only political, and she lied? Well - we can't know that either. I wish it hadn't happened like this, but it did

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

My personal belief is something happened to her. It was not Kavanaugh who did it. I don't think she even believes it to be Kavanaugh, although it's possible she does.

That - is what I was looking for. Reason

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Certain actors on the left got women besides their main accuser to falsify testimony against Kavinaugh.

It's another thing none of us can prove. I think it's less orchestrated than you do. But I don't know either

I also don't know that they aren't telling the truth. I'm unwilling to commit because my gut feeling is not evidence

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

There was literally nothing to investigate, the investigation was artificial and was meant to stall.

Even the FBI admitted the investigation was not a full investigation. That would take months

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join