It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NTS You were washed (in the name of Christ)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I could never figure out how a god powerful enough to create earth....and then fill it with peeps in his image, needed to send a human form of himself down here to be a martyr. I mean its like naughty kids. Wouldnt you just gather them up and smack them around? Its like Bill Cosby.....i brought you into thiz world.....and i can take you out.

It's complicated, and I doubt this summary will satisfy you, but He had to become human so that the power of death over humanity would be broken. Not physical death, but spiritual death.

When Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden, they became beholden to Satan. When they die, they go to him. Sin=death. So when Jesus was crucified, buried, and then rose again, he broke the power of death that Satan has over humans. Since Christ was sinless, Satan had no claim on him, and He became alive again. So, all who believe in Jesus will also have life after their physical death, because Jesus will claim them.
That sounds like a whole lot of unneeded steps to go through, and how did you determine any of that. I’m not sure if any of that makes any sense at all. It actually just sounds like gibberish.

Do you think god is an actual being? Do you think satan is an actual being?
edit on 2-11-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: Woodcarver
I can name a bunch of things that i could have done better if i had the powers that you say god had

You really think too highly of yourself. You couldn't.
oh, i could though. This would be easy. I would do away with cancer. BAM!!! I’m a million times better than god.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
I can now refer you to the links which have just been collected. See previous page.
I'm not going to answer your questions in THIS thread, because they are not related to the topic of this thread.
What part of the word "off-topic" do you not understand?

edit on 2-11-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

A disconnect happened.

So your idea is for the part of awareness that is symbiotic and wise to compulse/reprogram the rest of the souls into symbiotic behavior and not allow any free will at all for those souls.

The suffering to the whole would even be greater than the separation of creation.

Maximize the well being of all souls. Allow the sane and wise to coexist with the sane and wise without interference of the insane Ones.

edit on 2-11-2018 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

A disconnect happened.

So your idea is for the part of awareness that is symbiotic and wise to compulse/reprogram the rest of the souls into symbiotic behavior and not allow any free will at all for those souls.

The suffering to the whole would even be greater than the separation of creation.

Maximize the well being of all souls. Allow the sane and wise to coexist with the sane and wise without interference of the insane Ones.
Can god do anything? Does he have limits?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I can now refer you to the links which have just been collected. See previous page.
I'm not going to answer your questions in THIS thread, because they are not related to the topic of this thread.
What part of the word "off-topic" do you not understand?

if i were you, i would be afraid to answer my questions as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The purgatory guys....teach in catachism class that the best an unbaptised baby can do is purgatory.....this goes against Exodus where the age of accountability is twenty....

Have the Catholics merely read

READ Hebrews 10: 10-12....their version of their Latin Vulgate shurly omits it....maybe why they have the standing policy that it is dangerous for the members to read the Bible....kept in Latin chained to the desk
edit on 2-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
The purgatory guys....teach in catachism class that the best an unbaptised baby can do is purgatory.....this goes against Exodus where the age of accountability is twenty....

Have the Catholics merely read

READ Hebrews 10: 10-12....their version of their Latin Vulgate shurly omits it....maybe why they have the standing policy that it is dangerous for the members to read the Bible....kept in Latin chained to the desk
Geez. Any god who makes a world like that is a horrible thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I could never figure out how a god powerful enough to create earth....and then fill it with peeps in his image, needed to send a human form of himself down here to be a martyr. I mean its like naughty kids. Wouldnt you just gather them up and smack them around? Its like Bill Cosby.....i brought you into thiz world.....and i can take you out.

It's complicated, and I doubt this summary will satisfy you, but He had to become human so that the power of death over humanity would be broken. Not physical death, but spiritual death.

When Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden, they became beholden to Satan. When they die, they go to him. Sin=death. So when Jesus was crucified, buried, and then rose again, he broke the power of death that Satan has over humans. Since Christ was sinless, Satan had no claim on him, and He became alive again. So, all who believe in Jesus will also have life after their physical death, because Jesus will claim them.
That sounds like a whole lot of unneeded steps to go through, and how did you determine any of that. I’m not sure if any of that makes any sense at all. It actually just sounds like gibberish.

Do you think god is an actual being? Do you think satan is an actual being?

Yes, it's more complicated, as I said in my post. How I "determined any of that" was by reading and studying the bible, both the Hebrew bible and the New Testament. I can understand how it could sound like jibberish to you.
edit on 2-11-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

if i were you, i would be afraid to answer my questions as well.

All the questions you asked in that post are answered, publicly, in the threads linked, where they are relevant to the subject in hand. I won't continue telling you that, because it would have the effect of de-railing this one. But I think you know that already.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Only SAVED people are Washed, Sanctified and Justified. Once again you teach, as you have many times, that these verse are applied to all men regardless of their faith in God and His Christ. So only a saved man is washed and it is not that man who did the washing it is Christ who washed them, sanctified them and Justified them. The washing is not physical washing as found in the OT to draw to such verse is to lead some to believe in baptismal salvation.

Though you seem to go that route, there are three things you neglect 1)You neglect to realize, that a majority who are reading and praising your for your good works (which do not save you or them), are not SAVED by Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ. 2) You make your teachings as a blanket for all men without faith. and 3) and this is important. NOT once in any of your teachings have you given them the gospel that saves them from Hell. Not saying your are to publicly ask them to accept Christ. as that is against the T&C of ATS. But you fail to at least put that out there so they know the Truth of the Gospel of the Grace of God through faith on Jesus Christ.

That is why I call you a Scholar. Because every Scholar since 1881, of many you quote, were not saved and never once present the gospel of the grace of God to one of their readers of their clap trap. And those same scholars also are the ones who have promoted any Bible version other than the AV.

I find your work done well and it your did your duty as a saved man you would make sure others would be instructed in the way of salvation by the grace of God through faith n Christ alone. If you added that one aspect to all your teachings your work will be almost perfect. I say almost as you never once give the Lord Jesus or God any glory for your work. These are the traits of a Bible scholars today.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You have never once in any of your writings presented the true New Testament Salvation under the church age of Grace.

I criticize you only on this one point namely. Because your work will be so much more a benefit to men (both saved and unsaved) if you did present the truth of salvation for this age, but unfortunately you have yet to follow the teaching of Paul (if you are saved)

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Only SAVED people are Washed, Sanctified and Justified. Once again you teach, as you have many times, that these verse are applied to all men regardless of their faith in God and His Christ. So only a saved man is washed and it is not that man who did the washing it is Christ who washed them, sanctified them and Justified them. The washing is not physical washing as found in the OT to draw to such verse is to lead some to believe in baptismal salvation.

You misunderstand me. I know that Paul is addressing saved people, and I am addressing saved people, and I agree with the whole of that paragraph.

And I am not neglecting the priority of Faith. "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved" was one of the earlier threads in the series.
You are not allowing for the fact that the overall message is being presented in small steps, one piece of the jigsaw at a time. Please look over the whole thing (they're all in my recent Profile, under the NTS banner).

edit on 3-11-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved

And about half-way down the present OP you will find the statement
"Baptism is not the cleansing act itself, but a symbol of the cleansing...", which I think is the same point that you are making.

edit on 3-11-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved

And about half-way down the present OP you will find the statement
"Baptism is not the cleansing act itself, but a symbol of the cleansing...", which I think is the same point that you are making.

"Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ" does not exist in the preserved words of God as found in the AV Holy Bible. Here is what it says and it was not written to every Christian today and o ones faith in him saves any family member today.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Again you fail to "Rightly Divide the word of Truth" and lead people to destruction. You would have been better off to quote

1Co 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
If one does not believe that Christ died for their sins there is not salvation. Act 16:31 was a special event to prove to the Gentile Paul's Apostleship to the Gentiles and the Jews. No man can be saved for another man to believe such will send many to hell in a hand basket.

While you show you know (I did not misunderstand) Paul was speaking to saved at the same time you drew no differences between the saved and the unsaved with your OWN words leaving many unsaved readers of your words (not the scriptures but your private interpretation of them) to think it was to all men. With that in mind go back and reread your OP and you will see what I say is true. No matter what your true intentions were you missed the mark, for the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

No man today needs to be water baptized at all for salvation, it is the Spirit's baptism into Christ that shows a man is saved.

Roms 6:3-4 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

edit on 4-11-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

If one does not believe that Christ died for their sins there is not salvation.

Look at my recent profile. "Christ died for the ungodly" was by very deliberate choice the FIRST thread in this series, providing the anchor-point.
Again, you are not allowing for the fact that this message is being delivered by a SERIES of threads, attempting to build up the logical structure of the gospel message, piece by piece.

With that in mind, try to consider the series as an (eventual) unity. You are prone to judge in haste and jump in with all guns blazing.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

No man today needs to be water baptized at all for salvation, it is the Spirit's baptism into Christ that shows a man is saved.

I agree, and I'm covering that issue in about three week's time.
That's what I mean about the need to judge these threads as a series.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have read your series it is still lacking in that you not once tell a man what he must do except quoting Act 16:31. there are many other scriptures you could quote but for the fear of men you do not quote them. You can without violating any T&C of ATS. I have done it and not once was I warned or chastised except by those who reject that truth.

I did not say your work was not good I simply say it is lacking the truth as to how a man is saved. You have no need to quote ACTS even once. Quote from Romans through Philemon many times Paul speaks on how a man is saved by grace through Faith and once as clear as a bell, but you never use it.

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I have read your series it is still lacking in that you not once tell a man what he must do

You haven't read the whole series, because this is only the twelfth thread out of twenty-five.
The others are following one by one until some point in February.
The order of threads has been planned to deal first with what Christ has done, and how that benefits believers, and then to move on to what the believer should be doing, starting with "Repent and be baptised" on the third Friday from now.

The message is being presented by the series taken as a whole, which is why any individual component seems incomplete.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Um, I guess you being as smart as you are, know I was speaking of what you have posted so far. I of course don't read minds so that which you have yet to publish here would be outside my knowledge. But I have read much of your other works posted on ATS and if it follows the same, well I pretty much have a good understanding of the SCHOLAR your are, and it is not unlike those who have already gone before you since 1880's.

You do know that no one is washed in the name of Jesus Christ, don't you?

We are cleansed by the word and we have the washing of regeneration but no where are we washed in the name of Jesus.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join