It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My great state of Idaho dips to a new low.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agree and I don’t agree often with ya.. so at least a hat tip to ya!

See!

Occasionally you are right!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: mzinga

Personally?

I think it's stupid and what ever happened to just reading, writing, arithmetic?

We only want drones. Educating children is only for campaign slogans.

Our education system sucks.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

The city of Liberty Hill.

Hopefully our kids will be able to help construct them in art class.

If they could arrive last week so it’d be in time for halloween, that would be great!

Ill let you know who wins “best costume”

Every single one of my kids dressed as a non-white culture. I had a Native American, a Black Panther, an Asian geisha and a Muslim. All white kids.

NOT racism

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Because it's not even about race. It's about defeating political opposition by any means necessary.

All of the identity politics is nothing more than a red herring and tool for subjugating the other side.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's an idiotic mixing of scenarios.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yes it does. And I'm willing to bet where we are today has a lot to do with that.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Liberal policies in school have been viewed not being able to have prayers in school. Right gets all upset, but what if we were saying roll out your prayer rugs. Separation of church and state would lend to not pushing any religion in school. Yet if it’s against christianinty it’s liberal loony politics and acceptable by the right if it’s against Islam.

What do you mean what if we said, "Roll out your prayer rugs?"

There are places where students have been asked to do that just to know what it is to walk in a Muslim's shoes. Imagine a school 1. taking kids on a field trip to a Christian church (any denom) and 2. asking them to participate in prayers while there.

So it happens, and it's acceptable practice and no big deal to many on the left because of Islamophobia. Just like kids have to learn about being gay and transgender, etc.

It's like a liberal version of prima nocte. However, instead of breeding them out like the English were crudely trying to do with the Scots, the left thinks they will indoctrinate the right out. But it's not viewed that way as it's as much a religious style crusade as anything, when you belong to a group so convinced of their moral superiority, any means of removing the "evil" is justified, including asking your students to pray in a mosque.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That's an idiotic mixing of scenarios.

You don't see both as racial stereotyping?

edit on 2-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Do you not think that has been taken a little far recently? if someone is trying to be an image of a celebrity, historical figure, or character how is mocking them by just appearing as them? Over accentuation of racial attributes, I get that, but if they are trying to be an accurate representation how is that wrong?

I get how it could be perceived, but if you cant assume someones gender you certainly cant assume their intent without valid reasoning.
edit on 11/2/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

No, I don't. You're comparing a stereotype to a caricature, 2 totally different things.

ETA: For the record, I find the faux outrage over blackface to be as stupid as any outrage over teacher Mexicans and the Wall costumes. Life makes fun of people, STFU and deal with it... pro tip, laughing at yourself sometimes is healthy. This is why Rednecks like Talladega Nights, Trailer Park Boys, and HeeHaw.
edit on 2-11-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No, I don't. You're comparing a stereotype to a caricature, 2 totally different things.

Semantics...

I understand how hard it is to confront personal racism. I grew up in Lubbock, Texas and was a proud racist from a racist Christian family, then I went to the University and had a black room mate and saw what he had to endure as a black man in America even as a star athlete. We all have the capacity to change.
edit on 2-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I hate even to post this here as most of you will think this is funny, but herein demonstrates the huge gulf that exists in our country at the moment.

It’s actually less funny, and more irrelevant. When some snowflake (as you put it) decides to spread the word because they get triggered, only then does it become viral and a big deal

In an elementary school in Idaho a group of teachers decided it would be great laughs to dress up as Mexicans and the border wall.

This school is a little over 10 miles from my home, and thank goodness I don't have a child that attends this school. Many of you will claim that my outrage to this is being a 'liberal snowflake'.

If you can guess it may be viewed as snowflakeyness then you obviously can sense the snowflakeyness of it all

In my opinion this has no place anywhere, let alone in a public school system. This border stuff has gotten out of control. I don't think anyone in this country really wants to see illegal border crossings, but the current administration has turned discussions such as these into pure hate filled speech.

Wow, the president has unlimited power to turn ALL immigration discussions into pure hate. I imagine it’s solely his fault and not the fault of any other politician...

Educators in this instance have decided to make fun of something like this is 'okay. It's okay for our educators to stand up in front of our kids and make a parody of a situation such as this. Politics has no room in a public education system. Making light of a border wall and trying to get laughs dressing us as migrant hispanics is such a great message to send to our children.

I don’t know what grade these educators teach but it would provide a great opportunity for a discussion about US law amongst other relevant topics.

'm well aware that 90% of ATS will chime in here and say things such as ... OMG too funny. Get a sense of humor. Being politically correct has gone too far, this is great... ETC. I would feel the same way if the teachers were dressed up to make fun of Trump, Obama, Hillary, LGBT, any race, religion or creed.

Just my two cents.. Here is a link to the article.

www.huffingtonpost.com... nxSBhrn7T0E74ZbJ5ObeN7SidQvYxo_9DHD_OKRg7FNmd-SbdyLY_3k

Meh.
Doesn’t bother me
edit on 5023x6750America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I know, I sincerely hope "we" change to a society that doesn't search for racism anytime an individuals pride gets stung. Sorry you grew up a racist, I can't imagine how difficult that must be. Good on you for correcting your issue.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

funny thing is he authored a thread last month decrying this ( Being offended )!!!!

LOL

If youre not mexican you cant wear mexican sweaters. remember that

www.abovetopsecret.com...

everyone must be offended these days.....

i really dont get it

cant clothes just be clothes? dont all clothes come from somewhere else?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

If a white Australian sneaks into the United States and starts living in California

Mate - here's a secret for you - An Aussie would never willingly live in California. I think its the other way around - Americans want to sneak into Australia to escape their own neighbours.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I feel older and older as the days pass.
All my teachers looked like this:

All they did was teach. I'm pretty sure they lived at the school.
They didn't dress up for Halloween, or molest kids, or try to have babies with the student, or smoke weed or drink wine at school, I seriously don't remember a single teacher spouting their political views.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
As a smart person with smarts and education and book learnin', this was a poor way to illustrate the whole illegal alien issue.

It would encourage bias, and does nothing to strengthen the entire argument as to how illegal immigration is wrong.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Agreed. They weren't the sharpest tools in the shed with what they did.

But dressing as a Mexican isn't a burning at the stake offense, either.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Agreed. They weren't the sharpest tools in the shed with what they did.

But dressing as a Mexican isn't a burning at the stake offense, either.

No. You are correct.

This was stupid. Not worthy of capital punishment, caning, stoning, or whatever punishment is deemed appropriate.

It was stupid. The teachers should have left that to the experts on CNN.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Speaking of CNN..

www-m.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join