It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My great state of Idaho dips to a new low.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: underwerks
I’m talking about the important part. The thing people here on ATS won’t question under any circumstances. The big reason things like this are an issue.

Namely the Trump administrations statements and actions that have inflamed tensions making things like these costumes into a story. Can you step back and look at things through that perspective?

The whole “both sides” thing doesn’t work here. The right wing is clearly more vocal and inflammatory when it comes to their rhetoric about immigrants. Can you call that out?

Ah. so that whole "good faith" thing wasn't really true. Because from your perspective, anyone who doesn't fully agree with your view is by definition not coming from a place of "good faith".

Well, I tried.

I have many times on this board criticized Trump for his outrageous personality. But the truth is, many, including you, don't seem to be much better.

Hard truth.

Moving along...

I don’t want you to agree with me, I just want you to ask yourself, what if. What if I’m wrong. What if I’ve been misled. Just a little self reflection. Seeing things from a different perspective. That’s it. But it seems even that is asking too much.

You seem to think you can’t see things from a different perspective unless you agree with that perspective.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Went twitter viral and blew up in their faces. School board meeting... Now they are wondering if they are going to be able to keep their jobs.

Backing down and begging for forgiveness.
edit on 2-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I can’t think of one time I’ve ever seen a right wing poster here say, hmmmm, let me step back and look at this another way, from your perspective.

Oh, we do. But when we do, we're so busy laughing so hard we can't post anything.

Just because an opinion differs from yours, it does not automatically follow that yours is correct. It's usually funny, though.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Lmfao, that's so awesome 🤣🤣🤣

classic

this dude cries more than almost all of em

this is hilarious though

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
On topic...

For cryin' out loud, people, it's Halloween! I'm not a big fan of the holiday, but isn't the idea to dress up as something you're not? It seems perfectly OK to dress up as something 'evil' (witches, ghosts, demons, Hillary) but somehow not OK to dress up as anything 'not evil.'

Heck, we've had one poster here already wanting to dress up as a 'Trump supporter' sans teeth and hygiene. Talk about your stereotypes!

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I thought the right wanted schools to keep politics out of the classrooms, stop trying to influence kids because that's mom and dad's job, and get back to their own, which is teaching the fundamentals so they can function in the workforce by high school?

Boy, you sure are hypocrites of the highest order. Hot button issues pushed on the kids in schools is BAD, dammit, BAD, you keep telling us this is not what schools are for. Unless it's a button you like, then you're all for it.

How about just ban political pushes that don't have anything to do with a high school civics class lesson, m'kay?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Why is that awful?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Now your twisted sense of humor suddenly has a threshold and it's people in sombreros and a cardboard wall costume? That's over the line for a dude who finds humor in things the vast majority of the population are disturbed by? I'm gonna call bullroar on that, my friend. There was humor in those costumes.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Went twitter viral and blew up in their faces. School board meeting... Now they are wondering if they are going to be able to keep their jobs.

Backing down and begging for forgiveness.

Well of course, because that's how we lynch people these days, via social media mob.

They tried it with Judge Kavanaugh too.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I didn't see anyone say they were all for it. Several said it was in poor taste, but most of us don't see how it's a flaming pile of racist hatred and bigotry.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If their students are passing the standardized tests, why should any lose their jobs? That should be the metric.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Big difference between going to a party and doing it at a public school.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

Was looking for discussion as to how things have devolved in our country. Expected the typical get a sense of humor stuff. It is ATS where this stuff is acceptable right? Honestly at a loss on how this is acceptable in a public school.

Who said it was acceptable? I think most of us agree it is done in poor taste and should be highly frowned upon...but it doesn't deserve to be blown out of proportion...

What do you think is the appropriate response? Should teachers and educators be fired? Suspended?

A2D

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

#2, I've seen a few mention it in that context, which is intriguing when you think back to her speech pattern coupled with the headlines that made mention of her age without the distinction of time lapse of the events.

Seems they embedded that in quite a few's thought for a future false memory. I might have read something about something like that once.
edit on 11/2/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

As far as OP I can certainly see how that could be a problem, and as well dont believe in political ideaology being forced on kids.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: olaru12

If their students are passing the standardized tests, why should any lose their jobs? That should be the metric.

Metric or not. They destroyed any rapport they had with the Hispanic students, their parents and much of the caucasian community.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Vast majority of responses in here have been ‘what’s the biggest deal.

As far as appropriate response I’d ask for whom: society or the teachers?

For society I’m sick of people being okay with things if it follows their beliefs and judging based upon what is right and what is wrong.

For the teachers? Well it isn’t my job there, but I’d fault the principal more than the teacher’s. Group think is hard to overcome and that is why there is a chain of command to say .. Hey personally I may find this funny, but this isn’t the proper forum.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

OK, I can see that... but why not just make a complaint to the school board? That's what leftists have telling us to do...

Honestly, it sounds like you're upset over the exact same thing many of us have been upset for quite some time... the politicization of schools in a manner opposed to your personal beliefs... and we keep getting told we're just 'thin-skinned' and 'hyper-sensitive.' Does it still seem that way now?

You're right, actually. A school should not be the place for political rhetoric. We've been telling you that for years. Do you finally see our point, now that the roles are reversed?

More importantly, will you consider our feelings the next time we have a complaint?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I’m talking about the important part. The thing people here on ATS won’t question under any circumstances. The big reason things like this are an issue.

Namely the Trump administrations statements and actions that have inflamed tensions making things like these costumes into a story. Can you step back and look at things through that perspective?

The whole “both sides” thing doesn’t work here. The right wing is clearly more vocal and inflammatory when it comes to their rhetoric about immigrants. Can you call that out?

Ah. so that whole "good faith" thing wasn't really true. Because from your perspective, anyone who doesn't fully agree with your view is by definition not coming from a place of "good faith".

Well, I tried.

I have many times on this board criticized Trump for his outrageous personality. But the truth is, many, including you, don't seem to be much better.

Hard truth.

Moving along...

I don’t want you to agree with me, I just want you to ask yourself, what if. What if I’m wrong. What if I’ve been misled. Just a little self reflection. Seeing things from a different perspective. That’s it. But it seems even that is asking too much.

You seem to think you can’t see things from a different perspective unless you agree with that perspective.

Who says we don't see things from a different perspective?

Most of us have thought through things from all kinds of different angles, more than you're likely aware of, to arrive at the places we are today. Believe it or not, some of us were quite liberal as youngsters, but we learned how stuff worked, thought things through, realized that stuff isn't simple, etc., as we got older and thought about it more and got exposed to more stuff.

Of course, when the REEEEEEEE is loud, you think about it, but at the same time, when the only response to counter your position is a variation of don't you ever think you might be wrong ... well that's hardly persuasive.

You don't understand what it is to be conservative in a world where the overriding narrative is liberal. If you hadn't thought long and hard and weren't sure in your convictions and didn't constantly check them, then you wouldn't be conservative. We are the more strong-minded and independent ones because we are going against the flow.

Does that make us right? Since it's all opinion, who knows, but it does mean we're stronger in our convictions than a lot of others.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Liberal policies in school have been viewed not being able to have prayers in school. Right gets all upset, but what if we were saying roll out your prayer rugs. Separation of church and state would lend to not pushing any religion in school. Yet if it’s against christianinty it’s liberal loony politics and acceptable by the right if it’s against Islam.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

John Wayne - Movie tough guy. LOL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join