It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My great state of Idaho dips to a new low.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
It must really suck to live in your head.

Ask President Trump, he's been living rent free in their heads for 2 years now.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I’m not the one going to sleep every night with Hillary Kruger in my dreams.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Who is Hillary Kruger?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

I am fine with their costumes. The left is too sensitive. Even if they didn't have the wall they would be screaming cultural misappropriation as they have already on many occasions.

The left used to have a sense of humor. The only costume that fits them now is a giant stick up their Arse.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Who is Hillary Kruger?

You know, the movie monster you guys can never seem to escape from.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

did you expect anything less than the replies you got?

"wish i lived there"

"what were their intentions"

unbelievable

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Nah, we'll never go lower than Larry "Wide Stance" Craig. A couple hundred miles to to your left and you'll find many friends of like mind. Food for thought...
God I miss Idaho!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

It's really sad you wouldn't rather seek common ground or use honest persuasion.

When the people you are arguing with aren’t arguing in good faith there is little use in honest persuasion. Every dissenting opinion here is attacked for not conforming to right wing political correctness.

I can’t think of one time I’ve ever seen a right wing poster here say, hmmmm, let me step back and look at this another way, from your perspective.
edit on 2-11-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
I hate even to post this here as most of you will think this is funny, but herein demonstrates the huge gulf that exists in our country at the moment.

In an elementary school in Idaho a group of teachers decided it would be great laughs to dress up as Mexicans and the border wall.

This school is a little over 10 miles from my home, and thank goodness I don't have a child that attends this school. Many of you will claim that my outrage to this is being a 'liberal snowflake'.

In my opinion this has no place anywhere, let alone in a public school system. This border stuff has gotten out of control. I don't think anyone in this country really wants to see illegal border crossings, but the current administration has turned discussions such as these into pure hate filled speech.

Educators in this instance have decided to make fun of something like this is 'okay. It's okay for our educators to stand up in front of our kids and make a parody of a situation such as this. Politics has no room in a public education system. Making light of a border wall and trying to get laughs dressing us as migrant hispanics is such a great message to send to our children.

I'm well aware that 90% of ATS will chime in here and say things such as ... OMG too funny. Get a sense of humor. Being politically correct has gone too far, this is great... ETC. I would feel the same way if the teachers were dressed up to make fun of Trump, Obama, Hillary, LGBT, any race, religion or creed.

Just my two cents.. Here is a link to the article.

www.huffingtonpost.com... nxSBhrn7T0E74ZbJ5ObeN7SidQvYxo_9DHD_OKRg7FNmd-SbdyLY_3k

I don't recall Trump saying he hates these people. I do however recall him saying that we need to protect our borders against illegal entry. The same thing obama, the clintons, pelosi, biden, waters, and the rest of the cartoon showcase have all said at one time or another. The only difference is that Trump is actually following through on his words and doing something about it.

If you don't see this entire spectacle as the politically timed stunt that it is, well, not much more to be said I guess...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I can’t think of one time I’ve ever seen a right wing poster here say, hmmmm, let me step back and look at this another way, from your perspective.

Huh?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Was looking for discussion as to how things have devolved in our country. Expected the typical get a sense of humor stuff. It is ATS where this stuff is acceptable right? Honestly at a loss on how this is acceptable in a public school.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Huh?

And?

I’m talking about the important part. The thing people here on ATS won’t question under any circumstances. The big reason things like this are an issue.

Namely the Trump administrations statements and actions that have inflamed tensions making things like these costumes into a story. Can you step back and look at things through that perspective?

The whole “both sides” thing doesn’t work here. The right wing is clearly more vocal and inflammatory when it comes to their rhetoric about immigrants. Can you call that out?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
Honestly at a loss on how this is acceptable in a public school.

its not acceptable.
its #ed up

but you are on a board with a bunch of trump supporters. you see the posts here
their attitudes

they dont give a # cause its mexicans

but look at the thread about some street artist dogging trump supporters with his # in new york and they are freaking out about it.

it should be very obvious

that one made them very angry

but as you will see under the guise of but the law the law blah blah the law

its obvious man

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm curious... what's dressed up like Mexicans look like ?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I’m talking about the important part. The thing people here on ATS won’t question under any circumstances. The big reason things like this are an issue.

Namely the Trump administrations statements and actions that have inflamed tensions making things like these costumes into a story. Can you step back and look at things through that perspective?

The whole “both sides” thing doesn’t work here. The right wing is clearly more vocal and inflammatory when it comes to their rhetoric about immigrants. Can you call that out?

Ah. so that whole "good faith" thing wasn't really true. Because from your perspective, anyone who doesn't fully agree with your view is by definition not coming from a place of "good faith".

Well, I tried.

I have many times on this board criticized Trump for his outrageous personality. But the truth is, many, including you, don't seem to be much better.

Hard truth.

Moving along...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I don't think it is appropriate. I'm not a snowflake or Trump hater/supporter either.

I played cards against humanity with a bunch of teachers. Let me tell you that was an eye opener.

Think about it, what kind of sickness must you have to want to work around kids all day in the first place!
Ever heard that saying, "those that can't do, teach"?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I'm curious... what's dressed up like Mexicans look like ?

like this

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm hungry for taco's now for some reason. Burrito's? Nom nom

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Lmfao, that's so awesome 🤣🤣🤣

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join