It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My great state of Idaho dips to a new low.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: underwerks
I’m curious about how everyone here would react if teachers at an inner city school dressed up as Trump supporters? You know, missing teeth, greasy hair, maybe rammed their heads into the wall a few times before class to get rid of all that evil liberal “thinking”, married sister on arm...

I’d be willing to bet we’d have some front page thread material there.

Trump supporters would just find it funny because we know how to take a joke and don't suffer from thin skin.

Yeah not so much.

You guys have the thinnest skin of all. Which is proved daily right here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro

I’m curious about how everyone here would react if teachers at an inner city school dressed up as Trump supporters? You know, missing teeth, greasy hair, maybe rammed their heads into the wall a few times before class to get rid of all that evil liberal “thinking”, married sister on arm...

As we can see here, it's proven far lefties project what they have going on with themselves and use it against people they don't like.

Swing and a miss.

As usual.

ETA: for everyone who doesn’t know the right wing game plan, it goes:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project

You can watch these play out in real time with the responses here if you pay attention.
edit on 2-11-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Yeah sure. I don't see the problem with that honestly. Hell, we've had bomb threats at some of our local state buildings over the last month, and someone working for a state agency dressed as "the bomb".

It's done in poor taste, but nothing to get all worked up about. We had a good laugh, asked her to change her costume and all was good.

A2D

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This can actually be a great teaching moment, and open the kids up to conversation. Especially with younger kids that may do well with visuals.

I think the teachers should comment and talk about what type of reaction they were or were not looking for.

We are in north Idaho and I think this is going to get blown way out of proportion.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You are taking life to seriously.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Trump supporters would just find it funny because we know how to take a joke and don't suffer from thin skin.

Yeah not so much.

You guys have the thinnest skin of all. Which is proved daily right here on ATS.

You guys keep missing the point.

If we can be mocked, then so can you, but as soon as you guys get mocked, it is a deep-seated act of hatred and bigotry, not mocking.

Either everyone is in bounds to have fun poked at them or everything like this is a deep-seated act of hatred or bigotry.

You guys need to make up your minds.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah not so much.

If we can be mocked, then so can you, but as soon as you guys get mocked, it is a deep-seated act of hatred and bigotry, not mocking.

Either everyone is in bounds to have fun poked at them or everything like this is a deep-seated act of hatred or bigotry.

Sorry, but the extremes aren’t the only options. Certain things can be racist or not racist, it’s all about the context and how it’s being used.

This idea that either everything is ok or nothing is ok is part of the problem here.

edit on 2-11-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I agree, politics have no room in class rooms. All teachers should call illegals criminals, like the law says and not politicize it....

All illegals need to removed from America like the law states. Any other options is politicizing the law

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Yeah not so much.

Sorry, but the extremes aren’t the only options. Certain things can be racist or not racist, it’s all about the context and how it’s being used.

This idea that either everything is ok or nothing is ok is the main problem here.

OIC ...

It's not about extremes, but this is your counter example to a teacher you assume is white dressing like a Mexican:

Trump supporters? You know, missing teeth, greasy hair, maybe rammed their heads into the wall a few times before class to get rid of all that evil liberal “thinking”, married sister on arm...

So someone merely dressing as a Mexican (I am guessing poncho and sombrero) is the equivalent to what you describe above?

Seems legit.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yeah not so much.

And yet half or more so many of your posts on ATS seem to be about ATS posters and not the substance of any discussion.

You trigger a the slightest suggestion of anything Trump related, even a music discussion about Trumpets isn't safe from your ranting.

Wouldn't you save yourself a lot of time by just adding to your signature line that Trump=Evil & Trump Supporters=More Evil?

It must really suck to live in your head.

Just sayin'

edit on 2-11-2018 by loam because: Edited to be more judicious on the scale of triggerdom

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Nah, it just seems like it should be thin due to our alabaster, almost translucent skin tone.

edit on 2-11-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yeah not so much.

This idea that either everything is ok or nothing is ok is the main problem here.

OIC ...

It's not about extremes, but this is your counter example to a teacher you assume is white dressing like a Mexican:

Trump supporters? You know, missing teeth, greasy hair, maybe rammed their heads into the wall a few times before class to get rid of all that evil liberal “thinking”, married sister on arm...

So someone merely dressing as a Mexican (I am guessing poncho and sombrero) is the equivalent to what you describe above?

Seems legit.

Again, context. Dressing up as a Mexican themed character by itself I don’t see as offensive. But including a wall with that so the Mexican character is then cast as a criminal, is.

In my opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

I don't care. No one came when we cried, and now no one is left for you.

Glad you guys won for a few rounds. Now we all lose forever.

Educators can do whatever the hell they want. It's THEIR schools remember?

We can't tell them to stop with the social experiments and new wave everything.

So welcome to our pleasant misery.

You can't tell teachers in Ohio or anywhere not to make the next enemy to your ethos.

Make your own and lose with us. Don't make honest students by simply educating them though. That would be too useful.

edit on 11 2 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Nah, it just seems like it should be thin due to our alabaster, almost translucent skin tone.

You all are pretty easy to see through.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Yeah not so much.

OIC ...

Seems legit.

Again, context. Dressing up as a Mexican themed character by itself I don’t see as offensive. But including a wall with that so the Mexican character is then cast as a criminal, is.

In my opinion.

Do you react so violently to people who wear black and white striped prison outfits or orange jumpsuits?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Wouldn't you save yourself a lot of time by just adding to your signature line that Trump=Evil & Trump Supporters=More Evil?

Putting political statements there is against T&C or I would.

I’m never angry when I post on ATS, the right wing delusion is one of the more interesting things to be talked about. Thank you for playing your part.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
...but the current administration has turned discussions such as these into pure hate filled speech.

I agree with almost all of your post, except the one sided nature of the statement above. There's plenty of blame to go around on all sides.

While I think the Halloween costume debate has largely been ridiculous, I do agree there is a different standard that should be applied to educators in a school setting.

Crazy abounds. That's where we appear to be now.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You all are pretty easy to see through.

...said the blind man as he asked his neighbor's topiary out on a date.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

a reply to: loam

Putting political statements there is against T&C or I would.

Wait really? Political statements are prohibited? I never knew that.

I’m never angry when I post on ATS, the right wing delusion is one of the more interesting things to be talked about. Thank you for playing your part.

Being triggered and angry are not necessarily the same thing.

It's really sad you wouldn't rather seek common ground or use honest persuasion.

To each his own, I guess.
edit on 2-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yeah not so much.

OIC ...

Seems legit.

In my opinion.

Do you react so violently to people who wear black and white striped prison outfits or orange jumpsuits?

Jail isn’t a race or nationality, despite what you right wingers think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join