It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My great state of Idaho dips to a new low.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I hate even to post this here as most of you will think this is funny, but herein demonstrates the huge gulf that exists in our country at the moment.

In an elementary school in Idaho a group of teachers decided it would be great laughs to dress up as Mexicans and the border wall.

This school is a little over 10 miles from my home, and thank goodness I don't have a child that attends this school. Many of you will claim that my outrage to this is being a 'liberal snowflake'.

In my opinion this has no place anywhere, let alone in a public school system. This border stuff has gotten out of control. I don't think anyone in this country really wants to see illegal border crossings, but the current administration has turned discussions such as these into pure hate filled speech.

Educators in this instance have decided to make fun of something like this is 'okay. It's okay for our educators to stand up in front of our kids and make a parody of a situation such as this. Politics has no room in a public education system. Making light of a border wall and trying to get laughs dressing us as migrant hispanics is such a great message to send to our children.

I'm well aware that 90% of ATS will chime in here and say things such as ... OMG too funny. Get a sense of humor. Being politically correct has gone too far, this is great... ETC. I would feel the same way if the teachers were dressed up to make fun of Trump, Obama, Hillary, LGBT, any race, religion or creed.

Just my two cents.. Here is a link to the article.

www.huffingtonpost.com... nxSBhrn7T0E74ZbJ5ObeN7SidQvYxo_9DHD_OKRg7FNmd-SbdyLY_3k

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wish I lived there! In New York they would be executed for such behavior.. to hell with the border leaches. Follow our laws and you welcome to be an American.

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I’ll take a group of conservative teachers dressing up as Mexicans for fun . Over a group of liberal teachers approving of dressing young males up in dresses because in there judgement they sexually identify as girls .
edit on 2-11-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Dont know if I'd call it racist or not. Racism to me always is tied to intent. What were the teachers intentions? Also, if I'm reading this correctly, it's an elementary school so I wouldn't expect the children attending to really be fully aware of the situation.

Done in poor taste in my opinion, but nothing severe enough to warrant job loss or suspensions of any kind... let's not blow it out of proportion like we do with everything else these days.

A2D
edit on 2-11-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Yup works wonders in a school that is 25% Hispanic.

link   

How did they dress up as a border wall?

BTW: What's wrong with putting on a Mexican costume?
Is that politically incorrect these days?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: Fallingdown

Yup works wonders in a school that is 25% Hispanic.

So if I dress up as a turkey for Halloween. Should I be worried about offending PETA?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Understand and agree to not blowing it out of proportion, but we can compare to other things and political hot buttons.

1. Showing up at school as an unborn fetus
2. Showing up at school as Brett Kavanaugh drinking beer and grabbing little girls.
3. Dressing up as Hillary's email server
4. Coming to school in a KKK outfit in the 60's.

Ya great fun.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

Understand and agree to not blowing it out of proportion, but we can compare to other things and political hot buttons.

1. Showing up at school as an unborn fetus
2. Showing up at school as Brett Kavanaugh drinking beer and grabbing little girls.
3. Dressing up as Hillary's email server
4. Coming to school in a KKK outfit in the 60's.

Ya great fun.

Great costume ideas. Maybe the last one was a tad racist, but who am I to judge.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

No one would have any idea what Hillary's server is all about, let alone the kids.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with any of those except number 4... and that's because the KKK has distinctly racist intentions and motivations.

A2D
edit on 2-11-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

How did they dress up as a border wall?

Use Rush Limbaugh.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

So you would have been okay for teacher's to show up in a school when Obama was running for office with a 'Yes We Can' outfit? That would have been much more tame than a wall that has 'Make America Great Again' and dressing up in brown face and sombrero's on, but equally as absurd.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

I don't have a problem with any of those except number 4... and that's because the KKK has distinctly racist intentions and motivations.

A2D

Not to mention the KKK still does exist today albeit in severely weakened form.

I would also think the fetus might be a bit graphic to wear around kids, too.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I’m curious about how everyone here would react if teachers at an inner city school dressed up as Trump supporters? You know, missing teeth, greasy hair, maybe rammed their heads into the wall a few times before class to get rid of all that evil liberal “thinking”, married sister on arm...

I’d be willing to bet we’d have some front page thread material there.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I’m curious about how everyone here would react if teachers at an inner city school dressed up as Trump supporters? You know, missing teeth, greasy hair, maybe rammed their heads into the wall a few times before class to get rid of all that evil liberal “thinking”, married sister on arm...

Inner city school?...They call that 'recess' these days.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Trump supporters would just find it funny because we know how to take a joke and don't suffer from thin skin.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe, depends how it's done I suppose. Probably not any worse than what the kids are watching on TV or the internet...

A2D

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Probably like that soccer team that called themselves the Mighty Whiteys trying to prove how minority mascots were racist and demeaning.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

As we can see here, it's proven far lefties project what they have going on with themselves and use it against people they don't like.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join