It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open borders: Immigration World Poverty and Gumballs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

People owning guns isn’t going to end all crime either.

No, but at least it will give a good guy the chance to defend himself from a bad guy who doesn't care about the illegality of the situation.

People from Ireland came when the potato famine hit. Did it end world poverty when they came over? No, but it saved a lot of lives that would have been lost to starvation.

Well it is always good when people want to help other people.

You can start this journey of helping here.
www.rescue.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.rescue.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I don’t know what history book you’ve been reading, but it’s wrong.

www.britannica.com...

Many other refugees from other countries have come to America. It doesn’t matter if that didn’t solve the problems of those other countries. What mattered is that this country positioned itself as a place of refuge.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I don’t know what history book you’ve been reading, but it’s wrong.

www.britannica.com...

Many other refugees from other countries have come to America. It doesn’t matter if that didn’t solve the problems of those other countries. What mattered is that this country positioned itself as a place of refuge.

These aren't refugees. Mexico offered them a chance to stay. Even offered jobs. They turned it down. They're not so much looking for refuge as they are opportunists.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: timequake

Mexico is an undeveloped country with a major drug cartel problem and a corrupt police system. I wouldn’t want to settle there either.

Also, many refugees don’t trust that Mexico will actually help them. They fear that once they turn themselves in, the Mexican government will send them back to the Honduras. Bait and switch, so to speak.

Orbelina Orellana, a migrant from San Pedro Sula, Honduras, said she and her husband left three children behind and had decided to continue north one way or another.

She was suspicious of the government’s proposal and said that some Hondurans who had applied for legal status had already been sent back. Her claims could not be verified, but migrants’ representatives in the talks asked the Mexican government to provide a list of those who had been forced to return.

time.com...
edit on 2-11-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Yup. We get the good ones with means, initiative, willpower and ambition. Those less able never get out. So with our help, their best countrymen abandon ship, ensuring misery remains there for generations.

Sounds compassionate to me.
edit on 2-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Excellent and easy to understand video helped by the visuals of candy. (I'm not very good with numbers. At all.) I didn't realise that so much of the planet was so poor. Then again, the huge profits that corporations make have to come from the toil and sweat of someone. It's about time the corporations were taken to book, imho. Obviously that won't happen anytime soon but I can hope.

Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen this before.

edit on 3/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

No, most of the refugees who have come here didn’t have means. They had nothing in material worth. They DID have initiative and willpower, as do the Hondurans walking thousands of miles to get here.

I thought you guys were all about personal responsibility? Personal responsibility is a good thing, right? Taking responsibility for your future and taking action to make your life better - that’s a good thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
My neighbor has better things than me. Leftie libs tell me I have the right to go over on his property and help myself to everything he has. I don't want to work hard or at all for anything in life. I should just take what I want and screw everyone who says otherwise. /sarc

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

More fake news from the right.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Bless your heart poor dear. Get well.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

So is it okay to rob banks in order to donate to charities?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

So is it okay to rob banks in order to donate to charities?

Well, I guess it’s better than robbing banks in order to buy drugs, booze and hookers.

Robbing banks is against the law, if that’s what you’re asking.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Excellent and easy to understand video helped by the visuals of candy. (I'm not very good with numbers. At all.) I didn't realise that so much of the planet was so poor. Then again, the huge profits that corporations make have to come from the toil and sweat of someone. It's about time the corporations were taken to book, imho. Obviously that won't happen anytime soon but I can hope.

Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen this before.

You're welcome. Sometimes visuals really help.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

That was my point, if an action is illegal then the whys behind it really don’t justify the illegal action. Kinda like committing a misdemeanor for a better life (hopping the border, stealing bread) is still an illegal act and shouldn’t be commended.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

a reply to: timequake

Mexico is an undeveloped country with a major drug cartel problem and a corrupt police system. I wouldn’t want to settle there either.

Also, many refugees don’t trust that Mexico will actually help them. They fear that once they turn themselves in, the Mexican government will send them back to the Honduras. Bait and switch, so to speak.

Orbelina Orellana, a migrant from San Pedro Sula, Honduras, said she and her husband left three children behind and had decided to continue north one way or another.

She was suspicious of the government’s proposal and said that some Hondurans who had applied for legal status had already been sent back. Her claims could not be verified, but migrants’ representatives in the talks asked the Mexican government to provide a list of those who had been forced to return.

time.com...

"Her claims could not be verified"
That's from the article you quoted. It's called due diligence. Mexico did exactly what it should have done. Why would you expect the US to do any different? Asylum seekers should at least be able to prove they need protection from something.

By the way, Mexico is NOT an undeveloped country.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

video sucks like all the others you post
1 gumball dont make a dent so basically, eh

cant wait for your next thread on this very same thing.
wonder if the discussion will flow the same way as all the other 6000

Pmsl, say it as you see it!
I didn't even click on the video, if the OP is too lazy to give a summary of the content then they can # off as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

So loam, how do we help them "there"?

?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join